Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Wow really is!

13»

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Coorslite said:
    I disagree with your opinion and I'm pretty sure the 250k people that signed the petition to open up a paid Vanilla server would disagree with you. The famous streamers that had begun with WoW on twitch are disagreeing with you. Just because you prefer sitting in your garrison playing with dungeon queues doesn't mean everyone else does and that they've changed if they don't like it.
    I would wager a shit ton more people would agree with the OP over you and the rest of the bitter vets.  I was in vanilla and would never go back.  Wow isn't perfect, but like most things in life it evolves.  Just because it doesn't fit your narrow view doesn't make it wrong or a bad game.
    Bitter Vets? lulz troll more! Hey lets turn that around. Maybe your just one of those bitter players who never saw the inside of MC or BWL when they were relevant.  what your calling evolving I think most gamers would call regressing. Vanilla WOW was already EZ mode for the original generation of MMO gamers. Every choice Blizzard has made to make the game more casual friendly the farther away from an actual MMO world WOW has gotten and closer to a single player game with a multiplayer lobby.. Let me guess your first game was COD on XBOX.. hey that's an Activision Blizzard game as well.. see the connection there?
    How expected.  That's all you got?  I was probably playing games when you were in diapers but ok.  Haven't picked up a CoD game since CoD:MW2 .  But you sure got me.  How about I don't wear rose colored glasses and recall all the issues vanilla wow had.  I can also name the good parts as well.  I highly doubt you could be that objective.  No body has time to spend 24/7 in an mmo anymore.  The players who would enjoy that type of mmo are now a lot older with careers and families.  This is why wow evolved the way it did.  This is the reason it flew by EQ2.

Guess I must of hit a nerve with the bitter vet thing.  I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.  I forgot you are all knowing gaming nerd god and all should bow before your MC and BWL experience lol.  Been there, done that and would never want to do it again.  Have fun playing on emus and 15+ year old games.  I'll enjoy what comes next.
  • eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    eccoton, I was playing in beta as well.  And I think vanilla World of Warcraft is superior to the current version and would pay a subscription to play it.  

My problem with your initial post is that you insinuate that the disparity between the old experience and the new lies mainly within me rather than the game itself.  I respectfully disagree.  I prefer the game as it was to the game that is, and I'm far from being alone on that.

So, solider on in your quest to discredit those calling for legacy servers, but know that the reasoning upon which you base your opinion is wrong.  We don't think we want it but we actually don't.  We really do want it.

I am not on a quest to discredit anyone. I even said that some players truly left wow because of the changes Blizzard made. My post was to tell my story about why WoW is good for me even after the changes. I was not trying to discredit anyone. I believe some people would play and pay for the legacy experience because they love Vanilla. I also feel a lot of the private servers players never played vanilla WoW on a Blizzard server in it's day. Their only exposure to vanilla WoW was on the private server. Certainly some players where there for Vanilla but I also believe many were there simply because the server was free. If Blizzard had a legacy server I might play on it for fun but I would not pay extra for it. My problem is not with vanilla but with the idea that most people who post about vanilla is that is was better for everyone and that is not the case. Many of us feel WoW is better now then during vanilla. 
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    eccoton said:
    eccoton, I was playing in beta as well.  And I think vanilla World of Warcraft is superior to the current version and would pay a subscription to play it.  

My problem with your initial post is that you insinuate that the disparity between the old experience and the new lies mainly within me rather than the game itself.  I respectfully disagree.  I prefer the game as it was to the game that is, and I'm far from being alone on that.

So, solider on in your quest to discredit those calling for legacy servers, but know that the reasoning upon which you base your opinion is wrong.  We don't think we want it but we actually don't.  We really do want it.

. Many of us feel WoW is better now then during vanilla. 
    Econton,

Yea the many of you who is shrinking in numbers on the current WOW Servers which EVERYONE knows the game is dying.  Blizzard stopped reporting the numbers which are boosted by players in China not the US player base.  You can just see 4 servers at prime time at high population. 12 at medium and the rest are low pop servers.  That is because while your small group feels that its better now the vast majority of people who played WOW Dont because they cancelled their sub.  WOW is not worth playing because it is NO more than a facebook game now.  Dont believe me.  You can import the garrison interface and game play into facebook with little effort because there is no world, no dungeons no player interaction, hell you really dont need to log into WOW to play with the garrison.  Neverwinter has the same thing with their crafting system which is sending minions to do your work for you and you can log into their website to send your minions to do the work during work hours.  

As much as you LOVE WOW right now I just proved that the game is not what it onces was because its trying to be a dam facebook game.  Vanilla made you be a part of a server and the community on the server.  Today you might as well log onto facebook and play.  Millions know this and Millions no longer sub.  

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    MrMelGibson said: I was probably playing games when you were in diapers but ok. 
    LOL! Love this. You've been playing games since anyone has been in diapers....but joined here in 2013?

Stop with this crap. Just stick to the point....

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    eccoton said:
    k61977 said:
    eccoton said:
    Rusque said:
    What WoW really is: A game.

Seriously, at some point, people are going to have to stop crying about WoW. Whether you think it was awesome before and sucks now or if you believe that it ruined MMO's, it's just a game in a sea of games, build a bridge and get over it already. I'm all for complaining about stuff, FFS, do we need to hear this for another decade?

I wrote this because I get tired of the complaining, just move on. I have left other games I felt went to far. What I do not do is complain about I game I left. Why bother I do not play it anymore. While WoW is just a game in a sea of games, mmos in particular tend to be more then the sum of their game parts and do evoke emotions and loyalties unlike other genres. I may voice my opinion on a games forum for developers to rethink something I disagree with but I do not attack those who like a change or a game I dislike. Wow seems to evoke this kind of anger often. If a developers goes to far I simply take my money somewhere else.  
    Here is the problem I see in you train of thought, you wrote a very long piece basically complaining about others complaining.  Showing your own beliefs why things are the way they are.  Just because you believe in something doesn't mean anyone else has to agree, and they have a right to voice their beliefs also.

Even though I agree with most of what you wrote it has an oxymoronic effect.  Just like you I am an older gamer.  I started with pong in the very late 70's.  I have seen every argument that can be made about design decisions at this point.  But I even will voice my distaste for design decision from time to time.  It is everyone's right to do so in what ever manner they wish.

Exactly everyone has a right to voice their opinion. There is nothing in my post that would suggest other wise. In fact my post and all my post at mmorpg.com support this idea. You should voice your opinion about a game you love if you disagree with the changes. What I have a problem with is the tone of the complaining that somehow because I like the game I do not get it. I also find it funny some people complain about a game they no longer play or ever intent to play again but they have the right to complain, just seems a waste of time to me. What you quoted from me was mostly in regards to vanilla. I do think it is time to stop complaining and move on, vanilla was like 7 to 8 years ago.

I have been on these forums for years and so much complaining seems to be nothing more then complaining for the sake of complaining. Did you read the whole piece. It was not complaining about others complaining it was about what WoW means to me and how I view the game and how I experience it. That is why most changes Blizzard made have not run me off. The core experience WoW offers is fun and gets better and better for my play style and entertainment. WoW is more then a console game like Pong to me. Most MMO are more then just a console game to me. That is what the post was mostly about.  

I started in the early 70s with my Magnavox Odyssey 2000.
    In particular this is the oxymoron part I was talking about here in this quote:

"I wrote this because I get tired of the complaining, just move on."  <------     This statement says to me you are not allowed to talk about this pick something else.  It wasn't until that response that I decided to respond.
    As long as something is still in development and being changed people will talk about it.  Just look at the hate people still spew for NGE and SWG which you can't even play anymore.  Time doesn't change peoples feeling on subjects like this to often.

But isn't the purpose of forums to discuss the like and even the dislikes of whatever the people are posting.

The sad thing about this is I tend to agree with 99% of what you said.  I was an original beta tester for WoW since before it was released.  And I still play from time to time now. 

Was just pointing out that you yourself were doing the thing that you are pointing out.
  • deucedoodeucedoo Member UncommonPosts: 8
    @winghaven1  does ppl stil play wow?>
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    LOL! Love this. You've been playing games since anyone has been in diapers....but joined here in 2013?

So because I only joined a niche website in 2013 somehow discredits me.  Ok buddy.  Your logic is full proof.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited May 2016
    I made a Dranei Hunter then went to Teldrassil. As I walked in from Rutheran Village and looked about I was once again taken in by the lovely colours that make up Teldrassil. It is truly a lovely palette. I often forget how when I saw the shots of WoW in beta I was convinced it was very garish and ugly. When I started playing however that idea simply dissolved and somehow the world looked so pretty and the colours actually accentuated the magnificent world and perhaps nothing more so than in the Night Elf home.

Not to forget the music the haunting melody that has always enchanted me from the very first time I heard it and even now manages to create a few goosebumps from a fond memory from the past. I was surprised to see 4 other people in the starter area and for an old game like this to see people still creating new characters it is perhaps a true testament to the lasting appeal this game still manages to eke out.

I was very sad to see my hunter got a pet immediately and no longer needed ammo but I shall try to just explore the world and enjoy myself without getting too taken up with the many changes that are not really good in my opinion. My mission this time is just exploration with no dungeon groups on the LFG and no pet battles either. Just pure WoW world with my hunter pet.

I have no idea how far I will get nor am I worried about losing interest I shall just enjoy myself and if I find I am not I will stop playing . I don't think we can ask for more than that our games occasionally entertain us. 
    Chamber of Chains
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

So because I only joined a niche website in 2013 somehow discredits me.  Ok buddy.  Your logic is full proof.
    niche website...yeah. Go with that.

Or go with that you haven't done anything than anyone else here. You are not unique....you are the usual. Your diapers are younger than most probably.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."