Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good news for active fishers

LigiLigi Member UncommonPosts: 119

In Korea version changes were made:

Hotspots have been replaced with spots that move every ~30 min with seagulls over them to indicate theyre a good spot

There are reports of blue-only hotspots still existing but still, its a significant nerf in silver per inventory

Active fishing got buffed, because the seagull spots only catch yellows.

With the new ocean contents coming out, exploring ocean for gathering/whale hunting and fishing when you find the occasional seagull spot is what Pearl Abyss wants fishing to be

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    That indeed is good news. That'd mean that AFK fishers won't get as much money as they do now. It's also a very idea to add the gulls to show the hotspot...
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    You taking about this?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4k3rba/warning_autofishing_has_been_nerfed_in_kr_as_of/

lol there will be some tears, for me it's no big deal. I think it's due to the flotillas of afk fishers that cause hella lag

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265
    AFK fishers already get a lot less then active fishers. Making active fishing more annoying by having to move the boat every few minutes doesn't really add anything but annoyance. After all you have to pause that movie/game that makes active fishing bearable (;
    LFG!
  • TheTruthToldTheTruthTold Member UncommonPosts: 107
    This is great news. I actively fish, and use afk time for strength and breath. Have 7 toons is tasking. Thank you for sharing!
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    I don't know how I feel about the change, but there's no guarantee we'll get it anyway.

So far, I like afk fishing.  I can watch twitch or play hearthstone while still progressing in BDO.  Fun for multi-taskers like myself.

All around I think the automated things are pretty sweet.  It really takes the sting out of no fast-travel, which in itself is a good thing but can get tedious.  I remember literally staring at the screen driving a cart in AA for hours on end.  You could kind of do it afk with two screens but you'd inevitably bump into things.  Total exercise in frustration.
  • MyNameIsVMyNameIsV Member UncommonPosts: 58
    DMKano said:
    Good change - I hope it makes it to our version.

There are a lot of good features in Korea that have never made it to us yet - like night vendor - which was there way before Mediah.

Or no energy use on production - Koreans don't have that either.

Or costume exchange tickets (enables you to turn some crafted sets into costumes) - we don't have that either - all of our costumes are 100% cash shop.

Or 200% XP weekends (yes they've had these since early on) - or much lower XP per level requirement... Daum has made NA/EU have higher XP required per level :/

Horse XP is faster in KR as well - heck most progression systems require less time in KR

Much better server hardware - our servers choke with way less players in one area 

etc...

There are so many better things in Korean version - I hope that more of them start making it into our game.
    Daum will never do any of this. I mean they did a glitched fish and trade even for EU, and I got my master fisher and trader. But that wasn't really on purpose lol.