Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most fun MMORPG to play as a Heal/support?

2»

Comments

• YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    I like clerics multiclassed as bodyguards in Baldur's Gate Online. When a player character guarded by a bodyguard takes damage, half of the damage is redirected to the bodyguard. Clerics have spells that heal or grant regeneration. A cleric bodyguard is really fun if you have a frenzied berserker in your group. Frenzied berserkers take damage every round while they are raging, so a bodyguard is really useful to sustain some of that frenzy damage and provide healing or regeneration.

Another funny build is a druid who gains the ability to cast spells in shapeshifted forms. Imagine having an animal or even a dragon in your group played by another player who heals you. :grin:

Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    @fruitgame found this also:

Dungeons doesnt look bad, think I see a tank/heal/dpsers xD could be fun thnx!

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Forgrimm said:
    Scorchien said:
      Vanguard ...                          ohh wait ................stupid Daybreak
    It was still SoE when Vanguard shut down.
    Why is it stupid to shut down a game that is a commercial failure? Running games is not a charity, right?
    Eh? I was pointing out the fact that the shut down happened when the company was still SoE.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Tera was pretty awesome fun as a priest.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    The updated Ranger class in GW2 is a great healer and can fight/tank pretty well in PvE.  Others I like.
    ESO, you can add healer to any class which is nice and they buffed Templar and he is now a solo healing/DPS beast. 
    Aion, Cleric was a strong healer but had low DPS, I liked Chanter better as he majored in heals and buffs, and had decent DPS.
    WoW, Druid bear form was a great tank, cat form had good DPS, tree form had good healing.
    Skyforge, healing is strange because you get heals from monsters you DPS well, can be fun and challenging.  I enjoyed the Knight the best.
    SWTOR, Agent had good healing, good DPS, plus nice combat stealth.
    Lots more in RPGs but those are the ones I liked alot in MMO's.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Being it was the last of the mohicans,vanilla FFXI offered the best gaming for a healer/support and yes it did BOTH really well.
    What made it great for imo EVERY class is your ROLE happened 24/7 because the game was designed around  grouping and that happened every single day.

Modern games have completely forgot the ROLE in a role playing game,now everything is singular gaming,super easy questing that any noob soloer can handle,really the mmopg genre is VERY shallow right now.
    Since less than 1% of the games actually have an ongoing healer support role,it eliminates most every game from the platform.This is why MOST games have turned to jack of all trades,just heal yourself,they can't be bothered to put the effort into making an actual ROLE playing game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    H0urg1ass said:
    For me it's very easily the Bear Shaman from Age of Conan.
    [...]
    It's a bit surprising that the topic of "best/most fun heal" is coming up every couple months, but if it's here again, then I drop in the same I used to in these threads :wink:
    :+1:  to the above, BS in AoC. Great class, a unique and fun way of healing, not just a healbot with spamming the heals everywhere.
    LotRO's RK isn't bad either, the Attunement system is flexible and fun.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Dark/Dark Controller. But that time has passed.
  • DjevikDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 107
    i logged on just to reply to this thread..

Albion Online i find really rewarding for healing in PvP with that being said the content that they have now for PvE is a cake walk and you can browse the internet while healing your team in a dungeon.. that is if you are not in a hostile dungeon..

All yellow-red-black zones dungeons are pvp.. so those you kinda gotta be paying attention more since dungeons aren't instance based for your group and anyone can come behind you and attack your group and same goes for your group you can run into another group whether you choose to flag up or not is your choice in Yellow zones.. but in black zones your automatically flaged 
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    edited May 2016
    For PVP:

Guild Wars random arena.. very challenging though the only people who still play it are pros

The only game that I play with people is Darkfall.. I typically don't play the healer build but its pretty fun.

Vanguard had the best healing classes as people already mentioned. Wish that game would relaunch.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• fruitgamefruitgame Member UncommonPosts: 19
    edited May 2016
    Dragnelus said:

^^ no problem, glad i could help :) ive been waiting for it for awhile now, the western publish plans are meant to be announced this month sometime (I believe they have the publishers for asia have a big event on may 20th, so im guessing it will be then)

- flight tour of world if ur interested, bare in mind that the games had a massive graphical update since this vid was made ^^

• stimulus999stimulus999 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    edited May 2016
    its older , but i liked how DDOs cleric could use his heal spells to do dmg (and pretty decent too) to undead. Ive always thought healers shouldnt have to manage two sets of skills (heals and dps) and that their heals should double as dmg spells when enemies are targeted.

oh and the physician (rogue healer)  in rift was just ...so much fun (but it is one of the pay for classes unfortunately).
    I'd go into pvp and let 3 or 4 pp just beat on me while i spam healed myself. eventually they would just stop and back up and look at me and say something like "hax" and then run off. Meanwhile im holding my sides laughing and still healing with 1 button. good times.
    However the purifier is a free class and is LOADS of fun because some of your healing comes from actually applying damage eating shields and since they are fire based you also get a fun fire wall you can use for extra dps during heals.
    ive been warned .lol
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    fruitgame said:
    Dragnelus said:

^^ no problem, glad i could help :) ive been waiting for it for awhile now, the western publish plans are meant to be announced this month sometime (I believe they have the publishers for asia have a big event on may 20th, so im guessing it will be then)

- flight tour of world if ur interested, bare in mind that the games had a massive graphical update since this vid was made ^^
    Here's the graphical update comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NijIlRErzs

Unfortunately, I think most MMO players have more concern in engine optimization than in graphical quality.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Po_gg said:
    H0urg1ass said:
    [...]
    It's a bit surprising that the topic of "best/most fun heal" is coming up every couple months, but if it's here again, then I drop in the same I used to in these threads :wink:
    :+1:  to the above, BS in AoC. Great class, a unique and fun way of healing, not just a healbot with spamming the heals everywhere.
    We get the healer question every other week over on /r/MMORPG :) I don't know why devs keep trying to get rid of the trinity when it's so clear a ton of people really like the idea of a trinity/quad/whatever role system.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Leiloni said:
    Po_gg said:
    H0urg1ass said:
    [...]
    We get the healer question every other week over on /r/MMORPG :) I don't know why devs keep trying to get rid of the trinity when it's so clear a ton of people really like the idea of a trinity/quad/whatever role system.
    I feel that there's strong support for both sides of the fence.  Personally, I prefer an EVE based system where you can train your character to use whatever role you like, but there are still clearly defined roles.  In other words, you aren't locked into your choice forever by choosing to play a "bear shaman" or whatever it may be.

EVE has DPS ships, "healing" ships which can repair other ships in combat, Support ships which can either buff the team or debuff the enemy, and ships which can tank incredible amounts of DPS.

While I love playing the Bear Shaman in AoC, I really hate playing a logistics ship (Healer) in EVE.  It's so boring being a heal bot.
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    All 6 healing classes are amazing in Warhammer Online. I still play shaman on the RoR server.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Going back here but there was always something I loved about running with a white mage in FF1.  He was terrible as an attacked but there were many many times when I was glad to have him as part of my team.  Against Tiamant and the Kraken, he saved the day and those fights came down to them or me.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    its older , but i liked how DDOs cleric could use his heal spells to do dmg (and pretty decent too) to undead. Ive always thought healers shouldnt have to manage two sets of skills (heals and dps) and that their heals should double as dmg spells when enemies are targeted.

oh and the physician (rogue healer)  in rift was just ...so much fun (but it is one of the pay for classes unfortunately).
    I'd go into pvp and let 3 or 4 pp just beat on me while i spam healed myself. eventually they would just stop and back up and look at me and say something like "hax" and then run off. Meanwhile im holding my sides laughing and still healing with 1 button. good times.
    However the purifier is a free class and is LOADS of fun because some of your healing comes from actually applying damage eating shields and since they are fire based you also get a fun fire wall you can use for extra dps during heals.

EZmode.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited May 2016
    H0urg1ass said:
    Leiloni said:
    Po_gg said:
    H0urg1ass said:
    [...]
    EVE has DPS ships, "healing" ships which can repair other ships in combat, Support ships which can either buff the team or debuff the enemy, and ships which can tank incredible amounts of DPS.
    STO has similar, just better, ships are "more suited" for healing for example, but of course you can fly them a full dps too if you want :wink: until TSW launched that was my main game if I wanted the flexibility. Flexibility (and theory-crafting) can be just as much fun as predefined classes, and can stay within "roles".
    And I do think roles are needed. At least if you want coordination and strategy :wink: even on the field with a squad of the same skillset, you will assign tasks based on secondary stats like weight, to optimise the outcome. And in RPGs, where most group members have totally different skill / ability set, zerging is just dumb.
    Call it trinity, sneaky/sniper/warmachine, organised teams, etc., some kind of a coordination is a must for any group activity. Heck, even if a dumbly formed group of full fighters, the combat starts with rolling Initiative, and that already defines some kind of an optimal strategy :lol:
  • NoxeronNoxeron Member UncommonPosts: 64
    H0urg1ass said:
    Leiloni said:
    Po_gg said:
    H0urg1ass said:
    [...]
    I feel that there's strong support for both sides of the fence.  Personally, I prefer an EVE based system where you can train your character to use whatever role you like, but there are still clearly defined roles.  In other words, you aren't locked into your choice forever by choosing to play a "bear shaman" or whatever it may be.

While I love playing the Bear Shaman in AoC, I really hate playing a logistics ship (Healer) in EVE.  It's so boring being a heal bot.
    This is one of the reasons that I like FFXIV.
    You are not locked to one class, you can change to whatever you want when you feel like it.
    I haven't done much healing in mmos, so all I can say is that playing as a healer in FFXIV was more fun that playing a healer in WoW... For me at least.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    For me it was my  gravity/empathy controller in City of Heroes.