Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New gameplay footage / images ?

FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
Usually Kickstarter campaigns come with a bunch of new artworks, gameplay footage and screenshots.

So far what has been revealed for CoE Kickstarter campaign:

Pets

Mount 1

(which resembles imo to an old image, horizontally flipped / modified)

Mount 2

(which looks to me like an old image, horizontally flipped / modified)

The IP kit chart (2 of 2)

No new screenshots as far as I know.

Some new in-game footage in the KS video but most of it were scenes we already saw in screenshots before:
- 7:07 Marriage
- 8:04 Body type (old screenshot)
- 8:08 Face Customization (old screenshot)
- 11:31 Colored tree (old screenshot)
- 12:22 Candles & basement
- 21:16 Castle & catapult

I feel like they're reusing the same environments, scenes and artworks over and over again. Any idea if Soulbound Studios will publish new gameplay footage soon?

If the following locations really exist in the game (I assumed they do since they're presented as such), it could be great to get additional screenshots or footage from those locations:

- the skull cave
- the dark forest
- the castle under fire

Or any other scenes that haven't been shown already.

If I missed any new material published during the KS campaign, please let me know!

Comments

• YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    I am very curious about the fate of the house architecturing tool.

A quote from DJ #14 dating back to November 26: "We’ll actually be providing a stand-alone version of the architecture tool next Spring so people can get their hands on it early and see what it feels like to design buildings in Chronicles of Elyria. As player-created content is paramount to the success of Chronicles of Elyria and isn’t part of our business model, the tool will be made freely available to everyone."

Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Damn.  Those elephant bears are the same elephant bear just flipped.  Wow.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    That building designer tool will be fun to play with imho.

Are they serious about buildings not being part of their business model ? What about selling additional textures for walls, floors and ceilings ? Fancy doors and windows ? I'd have thought that these kinds of cosmetics would be very viable cash shop fare, as long as there's a reasonable amount of "default" textures provided for free.
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    That's how it appears to me too. Of course it could be something else, two very similar ursophant, who knows.

The tricorn buffalos also resemble a lot to each others I think.

New KS artwork of a mount:

Old concept art of a creature (flipped):

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Point?
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
    New images have been published in tonight's KS update:

Concept art for upcoming video

Pet #3

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    They are going to have wagons and localized banking!! : O

totally bad ass!

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Gameplay footage, I was expecting something like this.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Was excited about this game until I just read "Player created content"
    Was excited about this game until I just read "Player created content"
    What makes you not excited?
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
    Maygus said:
    Point?
    lazy?
  • drakeordanskadrakeordanska Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Maygus said:
    Point?
    lazy?
    Or limited time due to 1 concept artist and other stuff to do?
    Maygus said:
    Point?
    lazy?
    Or limited time due to 1 concept artist and other stuff to do?
    ikr?

But let's ignore the little details and find something negative to ride the game about.

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    :smile: OP loves to analyze CoE concept art. 

I don't think it matters, its just pretty drawings. 
    Ramajama said:
    :smile: OP loves to analyze CoE concept art. 

I don't think it matters, its just pretty drawings. 
    Yes I love to scrutinize this kind of things. And I agree that they're pretty drawings!  =)
  • Deffcon_1Deffcon_1 Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Its not lazy its smart use of resources. Why redrawn concept art for the same creature? Why not just add a saddle or add armor? It makes perfect sense. The only reason to call it out in a negative way is to attack the game and/or developers. It has nothing to do with being lazy and everything to do with working smarter, not harder.
    Why redraw?
    To show more of the creatures.  It's not like noone knew the Trison were bipedal, until Jeromy specifically said so. Why did they change the background?  Just slap on the new shit and post it, why bother to try and 'cover up' the reuse of art?

There is also the small joy to see just how far you and Maygus and the rest will flip out over someone questioning the great SS.
    edited May 2016

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Maygus said:
    Thanks for posting this I forget to check face book. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • drakeordanskadrakeordanska Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited May 2016
    Good for those of us not on Facebook

Thanks
    Post edited by drakeordanska on
    edited May 2016
    Maygus said:

They've shown this animal about 2 months ago in a video.

Post edited by Franciscourant on
    New image:

3D model - Trison

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    New image:

3D model - Trison

Censored? 

/facepalm