Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Mounts Gameplay Trailer - Riders of Icarus

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageOfficial Mounts Gameplay Trailer - Riders of Icarus

Take the battle to the sky with fantastical flying mount combat unlike anything you've seen before in Riders of Icarus, the new unprecedented action-adventure MMORPG experience that lets you ride and fight on the back of the realm's most dangerous winged beasts: dragons. As a Rider with legendary combat abilities, you will explore a majestic world to tame, collect and train hundreds of different wild beasts as your very own mounts each with unique special abilities.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I am ready.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I am cautiously optimistic about this game.  Nothing over the last few years has really excited me and I just rotate through the same games I have played for the last 5-6 years.  It would be nice to find a new game that I really enjoyed.   
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    just looking at these ''founder'' pack realy high priced for a f2p game show me this game will be p2win... look at the bonus these founder give they are not even trying to hide it !!!
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    pass..looks like another run of the mill f2p or buy2play Korean grinder hidden by a paywall / cash shop that looks pretty..nothing to see here move along ..
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

pass..looks like another run of the mill f2p or buy2play Korean grinder hidden by a paywall / cash shop that looks pretty..nothing to see here move along ..

Which sucks since it could be a good game for a Korean import, possibly almost as good as gw2; being open world and all. But too much p2w ruins an already shaky game.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited May 2016
    I'll keep an eye on it and wait and see...signed up for closed beta, if they contact I'll give it a go.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Tiller said:

Which sucks since it could be a good game for a Korean import, possibly almost as good as gw2; being open world and all. But too much p2w ruins an already shaky game.
    its not open world, its instanced and also you have hidden shields you cant fly trough. So you cant even fly trough all maps
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516

exile01 said:

Tiller said:

its not open world, its instanced and also you have hidden shields you cant fly trough. So you cant even fly trough all maps

played the closed beta and the base game realy realy good, and it got alot of features, the pets system pokemon like realy fun too ! i would totaly play it if this was not with a insane p2win cash shop
    that realy a big waste to destroy this game with p2win cash shop... im not going play

will never touch this game again, while i got money im not okay with spend 5x or 10x a subs to be competive, they go in new era with this cash shop.... they dont even hide it !! im curious how peoples will react, usualy dev hide the cash shop behind stuft so peoples defends these game, archeage, bdo ect but they just go fulll honest, we got a crazy P2WIN CASH SHOP LOOK !!!
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Gotta catch 'em all!
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

played the closed beta and the base game realy realy good, and it got alot of features, the pets system pokemon like realy fun too ! i would totaly play it if this was not with a insane p2win cash shop
    that realy a big waste to destroy this game with p2win cash shop... im not going play

will never touch this game again, while i got money im not okay with spend 5x or 10x a subs to be competive, they go in new era with this cash shop.... they dont even hide it !! im curious how peoples will react, usualy dev hide the cash shop behind stuft so peoples defends these game, archeage, bdo ect but they just go fulll honest, we got a crazy P2WIN CASH SHOP LOOK !!!
    For PWI in 2008 it took thousands of dollars in the cash shop to be competitive in PvP so this is nothing new.

Also, you threw in BDO which is a game that mostly has cosmetics in it's cash shop to the list of crazy P2W.  Maybe I'll give this game a closer look.
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    Those flying mounts look pretty good, especially the dragons at the beginning
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Watching yt gameplay it looks like a TERA clone, minus the mount thing.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • GhaleshGhalesh Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Been in the last beta. I must say that I am impressed. The combat was also very good. Its a tab target, but it totally feels like an action style. And the pet-mount system was very detailed. I see myself spending months collecting everything I want :)
    I am only concered about the p2w aspect...
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    edited May 2016
    Whew! Some crazy stats offered up in those founder's packs. Does anyone know if you can't get these easily in game though? I can accept some P2W as long as it doesn't go overboard or affect my personal enjoyment of the game (open world pk by whales)
  • R3dbudR3dbud Member UncommonPosts: 23
    "Gameplay Trailer"

I mean come on, there is zero gameplay in this vid.

*insert Facepalm gif*
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Seems like this game is going the same route of Aion.

Again another game that is trying to make two sides of playerbases to play together. What do I mean by same route as Aion? You start leveling pve only maps then when you reach a certain level there will be maps with open pvp while others that have no pvp allowed. Those pvp maps also have dungeons in them so you'll be forced to go there if you want to do said dungeons.

If this game will also have the grindy aspect of Aion you'll be forced to go in those maps if you want to level without grinding mobs that give very low exp.

I'll wait until there's more information on this game as it's quite lacking.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    shalissar said:
    Whew! Some crazy stats offered up in those founder's packs. Does anyone know if you can't get these easily in game though? I can accept some P2W as long as it doesn't go overboard or affect my personal enjoyment of the game (open world pk by whales)
    Lol, yeah, look how far we have come ! :D

It seems that P2W is so common in games nowadays that the discussions often only center on how "affordable" it is...
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    edited May 2016
    I played in the last closed beta and the amount of animals to capture was staggering - anything from a turtle, to a dragon and anything in between. It was a very decent game and we shall see about how P2W it is. I even have footage of some of the captures I did. You can also turn the mounts into pets that will fight with you - I had a shaman that healed me during fights. Very useful. Also, it isn't as naked anime as Tera is.

well the game insanly p2w, also you cannot do endgame content without cash shop buffs.
    The game has a insane amout of trash items just to fill your bag to force you to buy bagslots
    you need even slots for pets/mounts. Some quests force you to let lose of mounts/pets to tame a pet so are directed towards cash shop.

I wrote all the info you need to know that you will get on the nexon version:

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/450576/riders-of-icarus-questions#latest
  • BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I've played this game during the english CB. It's quite good, compared to all the trash we normally see.

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    How is this game BETTER then the SOE Dragon MMO they made and ZERO people played it ??

how is this game better ???
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    edited May 2016
    looks the exact same as the SOE Dragon MMO....... that game had a amazing Pet system also
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    So is this a linear quest hub themepark or is there a bit of freedom?  I'm done with required errand running for npcs.  I really dont care about taming everything if Im playing tab target with no freedom.

Mardukk said:

So is this a linear quest hub themepark or is there a bit of freedom?  I'm done with required errand running for npcs.  I really dont care about taming everything if Im playing tab target with no freedom.

its far worse. Its linear main quest with sub quests. You have many, many times to run back and forth. Sometimes even when you finished that quest, you are forced to go back to the SAME SPOT 2-3x, to move to the next zone.
    edited May 2016
    New korean update: a new race- the loli character:
    Post edited by exile01 on