Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS3 disc registration #FAIL

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
Haven't played FFXIV for quite a while an decied to make my PS3 my main gaming machine. And with FFXIV available for the PS3 I figured to get it and play it from the console....

Insert disc, install FFXIV, launch the thing an... TRIAL version WTF?
Take a peek an use the PSN key that came with the disc and try to us the FFXIV key on the SE site - not possible, follow PS3 instructions.

Okay, launch the game on PS3 again and I get instructions...
YES I already have an account
YES I do want to link them

Game finds both PSN an SE accounts and asks for confirmation - I said YES already twice man!
...but no go... I get some weird error about my connection (11090 20028 500). Try again (more than once) but still no go...

Contact support and they tell me that I have to make sure I don't have an old or trial version on my PS3...

New try and download from my PSN library - WTF no FFXIV there... Reregister key and it's added, but still not listed in my PSN library.
Try to register through the PSN site, but key invalid or already used...

New try by reinstalling from the disc again and hope that'll work...

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Full new install and still a no-go on FFXIV on my beloved PS3 :(
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Google is your friend they say and I found the solution - one which is TOO STUPID TO MENTION :D

The PS3 internet browser has set it's cookies to DISABLED by default. This setting kinda interrupted the PSN-SE account linking. Allowing cookies in the PS3 browser immediately fixed the problem and the accounts are linked!