Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well this sucks...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
...with WOW: Legion Mythic raiding remaining at 20 (there is alpha testing going on and anyone can even see some of the boss raid fights) I am not looking forward to anything that's guaranteed to be released this year. No Man's Sky comes next month, but the indie game won't be anything amazing since it's designed by a dozen people with the focus of just going out there and exploring a system with endless generated worlds/planets. So, the chance of feeling like a MMO and encountering other people or actually doing something socially will be basically none. It will be like a single player thing or that's how it feels.

I'm truly disappointed from the mismanagement of Trion with ArcheAge as well as the lack of security or endgame depth in Black Desert. These games could've been something great and something that can gain some sizable portion in this market, but instead they will be forgotten by 2017 when many good products will arrive.

So, how do you feel about 2016 and what's coming and what are your plans that will help you pass the time through it? For me it will be some Counter Strike, some Path of Exile, and maeby 1-2 single player games but highly unlikely. I also dunno if SWGemu will get released by end of this year (it better) cuz what's the point coming in 2017 when so many other good products will arrive?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    EVE. Eternal. Vibrant. Everlasting.
    Likely for 2017 as well.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    still tinkering with blade and soul,  and going to get overwatch when it comes out.  Have been playing tree of savior a little, but other then that i dont see much
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Darkfall mostly.. but will be testing the new pvp games too...

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    edited May 2016
    Playing Black Desert Online, Doom and A Train 9 at the moment.

Civilization 6, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided are being released this year which I'm looking forward to.

Oh and Dishonored 2.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Everyone has different likes and dislikes. Some people find a game that they really enjoy and others seem frustrated that they can't find a single online game they can get into. I myself am not crazy about anything. There is a definite slump in the online gaming industry or (funk) if you will. I can say personally I'm not very excited to play anything. I am willing to admit this could just be me. I recognize I have played games for years and I'm probably just burned out with the genre. On the other hand my brain is saying, "maybe it's because 99% of the online games just suck". I'm not sure what is going on inside my head, and that's a fact. So I wait like many others for the next shiny cool thing hoping to find the "fountain of gaming". Only to discover I'm personally not happy with it and move on.

Thank God for bourbon.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Kopogero said:

So, how do you feel about 2016 and what's coming and what are your plans that will help you pass the time through it?
    Great!

There are so many good games released, and upcoming including Xcom 2, Dishonored, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Rise of Tombraider ... heck .. even The Division is fun for a while.

I don't have enough time to enjoy all the entertainment in 2016 and I need to pick & choose. 
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Kopogero said:
    No Man's Sky comes next month, but the indie game won't be anything amazing since it's designed by a dozen people with the focus of just going out there and exploring a system with endless generated worlds/planets. So, the chance of feeling like a MMO and encountering other people or actually doing something socially will be basically none. It will be like a single player thing or that's how it feels.
    Objection your honor! The number of developers does not define the quality of the end product.

Anyway, you should check out Vendetta Online. My brother just compared NMS to it a couple days ago, and it's what I'll be playing.

Bring some of that caustic wit of yours to the void of space and let's create some pretty explosions.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    I try to catch every FFA PVP server launch that I can . .. and just found out that Darkfall Rise of Agon will launch, and then Darkfall New Dawn!!! 2 launches! This is going to be a lot of fun.. I love getting in first and then being the first to get ahead while having the most fair PVP the game will ever see as everyone is a noob.

Albion and Shards do not have the best looking combat.. but they still look fun! I will try and fit in those launches too if I have the time!

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    It's scary what the closure of a VIDEO GAME has done to people like the OP I guess on the bright side there are very few who haven't been able to move on since SWG closed...partly because there were not a lot of people playing it at the end...it wasn't very good. 

The thought of what these people would do if they were ever in a real life relationship and their partner dumped them is frightening...pretty sure they would make the news.  
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    It's scary what the closure of a VIDEO GAME has done to people like the OP I guess on the bright side there are very few who haven't been able to move on since SWG closed...partly because there were not a lot of people playing it at the end...it wasn't very good. 

The thought of what these people would do if they were ever in a real life relationship and their partner dumped them is frightening...pretty sure they would make the news.  
    nicely done!

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I've temporarily given up MMORPG's.

Currently playing XCOM-2, already purchased Stellaris but haven't started on it yet.

Next month it's No Man's Sky !

Somewhere I'll have to find time for Offworld Trading Company, Dishonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Rise of Tombraider and Civilization 6 (in October)...

Endless Space 2 is also due for release in 2016 AFAIK.

And I haven't even looked at the Fallout 4 DLC content which I own via the season pass.

Just Civ 6 will probably keep me fully occupied from October to December.

Frankly, 2016 has been one of the best years for games I like in a very long time. I suspect it will take me halfway through 2017 just finishing-up 2016's games, lol ! :D 
  • viney123viney123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    You could always give up PC gaming and explore the expensive world of console gaming. :P I'm sure there are many titles that can keep you hooked without it having to be an MMO. >.>
    viney123 said:
    You could always give up PC gaming and explore the expensive world of console gaming. :P I'm sure there are many titles that can keep you hooked without it having to be an MMO. >.>
    and you could pay for limited access to the internet as well. yeah its a good plan

• stimulus999stimulus999 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    edited May 2016
    just heads up to the op. I feel your pain. Trion has really bummed me out twice. Once with rift and then again with trove. I played AA for about 20 mins and got ganked and then i was done so dont know much about that but trion is right up there with aeria as far as being a greedy p2w company.

POE was recycling on my list till i realized you have to go thru that stupid long ass dungeon to get access to the sub classes, and that pretty much ended it for me . That dungeon was just annoying (traps) and way too long.

As far as what im gonna play..ugh.. its slim pickings. been recycling alot of games. Borderlands 2 was one of em. I figure since nothing is out that is worth a damn, I will just replay older stuff i know i like.
    ive been warned .lol
    SEANMCAD said:
    viney123 said:
    and you could pay for limited access to the internet as well. yeah its a good plan
    Oh got to love the ignorant PC wanna be master race clowns.  You guys cry all day about how bad pc gaming is then cry about how console gaming sucks.  Maybe you guys need to look in the mirror and come to the realization gaming has passed you by and the problem isn't the PC or the console but it's YOU.  
    SEANMCAD said:
    viney123 said:
    Oh got to love the ignorant PC wanna be master race clowns.  You guys cry all day about how bad pc gaming is then cry about how console gaming sucks.  Maybe you guys need to look in the mirror and come to the realization gaming has passed you by and the problem isn't the PC or the console but it's YOU.  
    PC gaming is friggin fantastic its just Microsoft in the PC gaming space sucks balls.

not sure where you got 'pc gaming sucks' but that is just your view on the subject I guess

• stimulus999stimulus999 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    SEANMCAD said:
    viney123 said:
    obvious troll is obvious
    ive been warned .lol
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    viney123 said:
    PC gaming is friggin fantastic its just Microsoft in the PC gaming space sucks balls.

not sure where you got 'pc gaming sucks' but that is just your view on the subject I guess
    Try reading the QQing on every thread the OP makes.  Then read a few other threads all day long people on this site QQ about the state of PC gaming specifically MMOs...that's where I got it.  

Yeah it's already been discussed how your "views" are no need to rehash that here...plenty of people have called you out today already and it's not even noon...
    edited May 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    viney123 said:

Try reading the QQing on every thread the OP makes.  Then read a few other threads all day long people on this site QQ about the state of PC gaming specifically MMOs...that's where I got it.  

Yeah it's already been discussed how your "views" are no need to rehash that here...plenty of people have called you out today already and it's not even noon...
    ok I will say it again for clarity

PC gaming right now is very awesome, that is my view. I believe PC gaming to be better now then it ever has been for the 25+ years I have been gaming AND is better than mobile or console gaming.

now that we got that cleared up

nobody has called me out because nobody has been specific about anything at all whatsoever, I have no idea what comment or view specifically they are refering to that I have.

Mind you one of the so called 'views' you said I have was expliclty wrong and the exact opposite

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    Eh, I'm pretty much over MMOs.

I'm here for the lols.

Single player RPGs (Witcher, Dark Souls), some online co-op and PvP games (Destiny, Division, Diablo) but there really isn't anything out there or that I can see on horizon that interests me in the MMO space.

I gave the genre over 15 years, never really changed all that much or hit the potential I thought it could have back then.
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    viney123 said:

PC gaming right now is very awesome, that is my view. I believe PC gaming to be better now then it ever has been for the 25+ years I have been gaming AND is better than mobile or console gaming.

nobody has called me out because nobody has been specific about anything at all whatsoever, I have no idea what comment or view specifically they are refering to that I have.

Mind you one of the so called 'views' you said I have was expliclty wrong and the exact opposite
    Haha they were very very specific on you...and 100% correct.  
    edited May 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    viney123 said:

they only person I have interacted with on this subject 'today' is you and you got your facts wrong to boot!.

so could you show me where 'several people' have 'called me out' 'today'?

lo...too funny

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    viney123 said:

they only person I have interacted with on this subject 'today' is you and you got your facts wrong to boot!.

so could you show me where 'several people' have 'called me out' 'today'?

lo...too funny
    Reading comprehension 101 pal.  I said I wasn't going to "rehash it here" let me walk you through what that meant.  It meant you were called out multiple times by multiple people already today (get ready here it comes) in a DIFFERENT thread.  Not that it matters everyone is already very aware of you on here and how Vaross protects you because he feels bad for you. 
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Everyone has different likes and dislikes. Some people find a game that they really enjoy and others seem frustrated that they can't find a single online game they can get into. I myself am not crazy about anything. There is a definite slump in the online gaming industry or (funk) if you will. I can say personally I'm not very excited to play anything. I am willing to admit this could just be me. I recognize I have played games for years and I'm probably just burned out with the genre. On the other hand my brain is saying, "maybe it's because 99% of the online games just suck". I'm not sure what is going on inside my head, and that's a fact. So I wait like many others for the next shiny cool thing hoping to find the "fountain of gaming". Only to discover I'm personally not happy with it and move on.

Thank God for bourbon.

And craft beer. :)

I hear ya, man.  It could just be one of the side effects of age for some of us.  I've learned to enjoy games in a different way than I did when I was younger and they were new, and therefore more exciting, but getting to this point was a process that took a couple of years for me.
    Glad their are others like me around so I don't feel so lonely...

I love craft beer too.

Cheers.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    If I had a dollar for every time the word "specific" popped up today...I'd have my lunch paid for already. Maybe my dinner too.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."