Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to find a forgotten mmo name

strikertystrikerty Member UncommonPosts: 5
I used to play a game occasionally that for the life of me I can find or remember the name to. I can descibe the starting area and remember features of the game but cant seem to find it. 

For one when you first logged in you were on a hill above a small camp and you ran down and started questing. The mobs are grouped by type in areas.

The thing that sticks out is it had a botting system in place and included mercenaries you could hire. There were lancer types and healers you could hire for mercenaries. You could go out and park in an area near mobs and it would kill them in a set area around you and your mercenaries would help you. You got a horse fairly early. 

You entered a big huge city fairly quickly in the game. There were alot of streets and auto pathing. 

I can see the damn game in my mind and for the life of me cant remember the name. I have wasted hours looking for it and cant seem to find it so maybe it dont exist any longer.

If anyone remembers the name from my desciption ( vague i know) I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Comments

• TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    How long ago did you play it? Was it new then or had it been out awhile? Dates will help.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Mercenaries is it everquest 2?
    Chamber of Chains
  • strikertystrikerty Member UncommonPosts: 5
    No definitely wasn't EQ2. Probably 2005 to 2010 is the best date range I can give you. It had more of a korean style graphics like perfect world games. I thought it was one of those games but I have looked at them all and didnt see it.
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Atlantica Online fits the description
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Sounds like Granado Espada
    I thought that might have been it also but AO is turn based and this game was not. You could go to the group of mobs you want to kill for a couple hours, turn on the built in bot and you and your mercs would kill and loot for hours. 
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    How many mercenaries do you hire for your group?  Just one?  Two?  Six or eight or whatever to fill your group?  That should narrow it down considerably.
  • aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Atlantica is the first thing that comes to mind.
    I want to say there was a max of three but it was a long time ago and I cant remember exactly
  • LeonxusLeonxus Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited May 2016
    Jade Dynasty 

Rosh Online
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Granado espada you only have 3 mercenaries 
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    I was going to say Rosh Online too.

Yeah ive looked at both of them and they are not the one im trying to find. I will say the art style of Jade Dynasty is similar to the one Im thinking of.
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    You just reminded me of a game I had played briefly and now it's going to drive me nuts if I can't remember what game it was...
  • medniosmednios Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Karos Online
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Forsaken World?
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168
    mednios said:
    Karos Online
    hahaha that game was terrible
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168
    Would be helpful if we knew the year.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• djangohdjangoh Member UncommonPosts: 11
    edited May 2016
    SilkRoad Online?

It came to mind :)
  • crusnik022crusnik022 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    i bet its Atlantica
  • johndoepjohndoep Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Sounds a lot like Atlantica indeed
  • merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Sounds a like like Granado Espada to me, that game also used to be known as Sword of The New World.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Part of me thought Grandado Espada too but I don't recall getting any horse.

I remember I was amazed with the grafics back then and even some of the story twists in regular quests.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited May 2016
    Why you people keep naming games that do not fit the description?  Atlantica is not like that and neither is Forsaken World.

I found it  oh I think I might check this out.

Waren Story
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    filmoret said:
    Why you people keep naming games that do not fit the description?  Atlantica is not like that and neither is Forsaken World.

I found it  oh I think I might check this out.

Waren Story
    Its another one of those Aeria games, its a game from 2012 so not sure its the game in question, but here is some gameplay video of it;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZC6eStHqE8