Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Griefers! Good Riddance.

Comments

• TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Vucar said:
    You don't respawn on your body exactly. You're allowed to respawn away from it.

Also, that's 2 hours you have to contact friends over discord and let them know you need help, or walk to the nearest city and ask for their help. 

Unless you pitched up deep in the wilderness alone (bad idea), there will be options.
    How far away do you  are you able to respawn?
    Is there any negatives for not respawning on your corpse?
    Is there any benefits for respawning on your corpse?

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited May 2016
    Vucar said:

Also, that's 2 hours you have to contact friends over discord and let them know you need help, or walk to the nearest city and ask for their help. 

Unless you pitched up deep in the wilderness alone (bad idea), there will be options.

1: I've seen numbers mentioned in IRC but it isn't confirmed 100% yet. When I've seen it talked about, I think of WOW for re-spawning distance.

2: Not that we've heard.

3: Not that we've heard.

Heck, why not throw those questions into the next QnA thread or jump on IRC for some fruitful question time yourself?
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311
    edited May 2016
    Vucar said:

-We don't precisely know yet;  thats a knob-turning beta question that probably will be adjusted.

-No. You could just log out and wait, while you call your friends in over Voip, with your character offline in the astral plane, until 1 day short of a month before returning to your corpse if you wanted to.

-None that have been stated.
    Maygus said:
    Vucar said:

1: I've seen numbers mentioned in IRC but it isn't confirmed 100% yet. When I've seen it talked about, I think of WOW for re-spawning distance.

2: Not that we've heard.

3: Not that we've heard.

Heck, why not throw those questions into the next QnA thread or jump on IRC for some fruitful question time yourself?
    If it's WoW respawning distance, yes you will be corpse camped.

Vucar has the right of it though. It will be 'knob-turned' multiple times throughout the design and testing phases.  Why I find it being used as a 'defense' in these types of discussions, odd.
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
     You don't see PvEers in fail OWPvP-centric games such as Mortal Online, Darkfall, etc, do you?  If developers really wanted to develop PvP games for the OWPvP-centric players they would stop developing games that draw in the PvE players, and their money, with fifty levels of nothing but PvE content, only to do a bait and switch on them and force them to become PvP fodder/content at end game to make a buck.  Because we all know that any forced non-consensual OWPvP game without money by the majority PvE gamer demographic is a non-starter fail MMORPG.
    Wow.. your ignorance is surging.

No PVEers in Darkfall.. LOL

There is so much wrong with that statement I don't even know where to begin. Its a full-loot game. Where do you think the loot comes from that the PVPers are wearing?? Do they just pull it out of their ass? It comes from PVE. Everything in the game comes from PVE... crafting and mobs.. no matter how good of a PVPer you are, you had to accept that fact and only those enjoyed PVE spent the most time playing the game and in the end they won.

Darkfall never failed.. I've been happily subbed to it since 2008 and let me tell ya.. the game is mostly PVE for most of the players. A lot of people don't even PVP in the game but play it for the PVE.

MO didn't have anything besides PVP when I played it besides crafting but in the end the fact remains the same. Its a MMORPG and you are supposed to play it with other people. If you are being ganked often than you may want to join a different guild. Even in that game that barely had any mobs there was safety. I'm sure that people played it for the PVE and a uniquely new experience. Guess what, that game is still running too.

Every MMORPG needs PVE in it to succeed whether it be crafting, questing, or mobs.

Its easy to safely PVE in every sandbox game once you have learned the ropes... unfortunately some people quit before getting this far.. people like you probably.

When people say that they cannot enjoy a sandbox game because it has PVP that tells me that they have little experience with sandbox games because in every one you can safely PVE.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

When people say that they cannot enjoy a sandbox game because it has PVP that tells me that they have little experience with sandbox games because in every one you can safely PVE.
    Hyperbole much?

Isn't Smite* for people who like to PvP?

*and those style of games.
    Hyperbole much?

Isn't Smite* for people who like to PvP?

*and those style of games.
    Ok maybe not EVERY one..

I've tried those game but never got too far.. did they attract PVE players?

I meant games that PVE players might enjoy without PVP.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I didn't expect this thread to get out of hand but...Holy crap!
    Testosterone + Opinions + Keyboards = The Best Entertainment on the Net.  <3

*popcorn* - They really need a Popcorn Emote.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Archlyte said:
    Kyleran said:
    What I'm surprised at is how many people think the position of "security guard" is going to be attractive enough to convince people to do it with any regularity.

Won't be happening folks....
    Honest Question: Does this happen in EVE? Not sure if anyone acts a a mercenary protector because I stopped paying attention to that game a long time ago. I would imagine not unless they are a RL friend because EVE has no penalty for betrayal or ganking, and EVE culture rewards fucking people over.

The test of it will be whether contracts are binding, NPC police work, and Spark penalties are highly punishing. Someone will grief, because people start forest fires, blow up airplanes full of people, hurt children, etc. If the criminal element runs the game then the EVE players get to hold a sword in a game I guess and everyone else will find something else to do. It doesn't seem like this is Soulbound's aim though. 
    No, it doesn't really happen in EVE. Sure, you can sometimes twist corpmates arms to fly cover in a mining, hauling or fleet relocation OP, but they do so out of a sense of duty to the corp.

Thing is you can't really pay enough to make someone want to play body guard.  In my alliance the PVPers are not there to provide home defense, they chase bigger goals such as maintaining sovereignty or roaming where they choose.

Security duty is boring in real life, but it pays real money so people suck it up and do it.

But I just don't see players likely to choose this as their entertainment "career", likely most would prefer to be out slaying dragons.  B)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DrakenhoffDrakenhoff Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Actually my character I am intending to be the baron of the village and lead of its police/deep d force.
    If I want a baron what would I be hmmm. 
    Oh I know the leader of a police force.

PvP when I need it 6et time to follow my non combat goals too.
    Yes please.

Signed Davan Drakenhoff ruler of Castle Drakenhoff the impenatrable castle made from cardboard

• VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311
    edited May 2016
    Kyleran said:
    No, it doesn't really happen in EVE. Sure, you can sometimes twist corpmates arms to fly cover in a mining, hauling or fleet relocation OP, but they do so out of a sense of duty to the corp.

Thing is you can't really pay enough to make someone want to play body guard.  In my alliance the PVPers are not there to provide home defense, they chase bigger goals such as maintaining sovereignty or roaming where they choose.

Security duty is boring in real life, but it pays real money so people suck it up and do it.

But I just don't see players likely to choose this as their entertainment "career", likely most would prefer to be out slaying dragons.  B)
    Minutemen best describes what I envision

Unless the world map is ridiculously huge, and a kingdom decides to spread itself out like 18th century Russia, it shouldn't be a long horse-ride from one city to a town under attack calling for help over teamspeak.

Some of my best pvp experiences in Darkfall were hearing my town was getting raided, joining a group with my friends OUTSIDE our town, and ambushing the raiders as they tried to leave. 

The one caveat is that, this might require CoE pvpers keep a couple stashes of gear in different parts of their territory, so that they have "gear bags" ready nearby at multiple outposts, allowing for rapid response, or "minutemen". 
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited May 2016
     You don't see PvEers in fail OWPvP-centric games such as Mortal Online, Darkfall, etc, do you?  If developers really wanted to develop PvP games for the OWPvP-centric players they would stop developing games that draw in the PvE players, and their money, with fifty levels of nothing but PvE content, only to do a bait and switch on them and force them to become PvP fodder/content at end game to make a buck.  Because we all know that any forced non-consensual OWPvP game without money by the majority PvE gamer demographic is a non-starter fail MMORPG.
    Wow.. your ignorance is surging.

No PVEers in Darkfall.. LOL

There is so much wrong with that statement I don't even know where to begin. Its a full-loot game. Where do you think the loot comes from that the PVPers are wearing?? Do they just pull it out of their ass? It comes from PVE. Everything in the game comes from PVE... crafting and mobs.. no matter how good of a PVPer you are, you had to accept that fact and only those enjoyed PVE spent the most time playing the game and in the end they won.

Darkfall never failed.. I've been happily subbed to it since 2008 and let me tell ya.. the game is mostly PVE for most of the players. A lot of people don't even PVP in the game but play it for the PVE.

MO didn't have anything besides PVP when I played it besides crafting but in the end the fact remains the same. Its a MMORPG and you are supposed to play it with other people. If you are being ganked often than you may want to join a different guild. Even in that game that barely had any mobs there was safety. I'm sure that people played it for the PVE and a uniquely new experience. Guess what, that game is still running too.

Every MMORPG needs PVE in it to succeed whether it be crafting, questing, or mobs.

Its easy to safely PVE in every sandbox game once you have learned the ropes... unfortunately some people quit before getting this far.. people like you probably.

My ignorance?  You. my friend, are the epitome of ignorance if you think those people playing Darkfall are in any way PvE players simply because they engaged in a bit of crafting, or PvE mob grinding.  How ignorant can a person be to actually believe that people playing Darkfall and/or MO were PvE players.  Everyone knows that's a bunch of bull.  At best they may have been PvX players, but to say that they were PvE players is stretching the imagination to about as far as one can imagine.

You went on a tirade regarding my mention of your favorite subbed game in my post, yet did nothing to dispell the point made in the post.  Read the post again and if you are able to muster a bit of reading comprehension you will come to the understanding of the context of my post.  In short, I was speaking about PvE players, not PvX players.  Once understanding that Darkfall, and MO, where going to be full loot FFA OWPvP games, I doubt many PvE players even bothered to follow those games much less play them.  There are distinct differences between PvE. PvP, and PvX players.  The definition of ignorance is lack of knowledge or information.  Your response is the textbook definition of the word. 
  • howstupidisthishowstupidisthis Member UncommonPosts: 147
    edited May 2016
    [mod edit] there is NO such thing as a PvX player
    In the 20 plus years I've been PVPing, I've never met a PvPer that didn't like crafting or exploring, which always involves lots of PvE.

Griefers should not be put in the same category as PvPers, which is what I think you are describing.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    edited May 2016
    Somehow even in themepark FFA PVP servers people would just try to PVE all of the time.. and thats much harder than a sandbox. I don't know where they come from but they come and keep coming.

I meant that it is ignorant to think that people who want PVE and not PVP do not play Darkfall or Mortal Online or probably any other sandbox. Its simply not true I remember entire guilds that would just PVE and that was why they played the game. All they have to do is pay attention to load lag or play with more people to avoid PVP. There are tricks like that in every game.

You make it sound as if the world was the size of an arena.. but sandboxes are typically huge.

Honestly, if you are a PVE focused player, you are missing out on some good sandboxes if you are not willing to learn how to avoid PVP. I understand if you want the easy route like being flagged for PVP but once you learn the game you are set.

edited May 2016

There is a third option.  You mention it in the first sentence of your second paragraph but you fail to take it into consideration because it doesn't fit your self-serving troll narrative.  And that is because they love the game, but hate forced non-consensual PvP, period.  No one refuses to play any other game.  As a matter of fact, the large majority of PvEers eventually do exactly that once they reach the point in which they are forced to PvP, and once enough of them leave to do exactly that, the game dies shortly thereafter.

Does it ever occur to the PvP-centric players that perhaps those players that don't want to deal with forced non-consensual PvP is because what really sucks in those MMORPGs is the manner in which players are forced into non-consensual PvP.  So it has nothing to do with sucking at those games, as you say, and everything to do because they dont want to deal with the toxic, rude, obnoxious and inconsiderate PvP-centric asshats in those games.

The only games that PvEers like and want to play that have PvP in them are the ones that have a good measure of PvE content and have optional PvP, and they like those games primarily for their PvE content, not their PvP content.  You don't see PvEers in fail OWPvP-centric games such as Mortal Online, Darkfall, etc, do you?  If developers really wanted to develop PvP games for the OWPvP-centric players they would stop developing games that draw in the PvE players, and their money, with fifty levels of nothing but PvE content, only to do a bait and switch on them and force them to become PvP fodder/content at end game to make a buck.  Because we all know that any forced non-consensual OWPvP game without money by the majority PvE gamer demographic is a non-starter fail MMORPG.
    You proved my point perfectly!

First you call me a troll, a sign of a weak argument, then you go about whining that the game forces you to PvP.
    Nobody forced you to buy that game, and yet you still claim that game is forcing you to PvP??
    Your argument has NO logical reasoning whatsoever.   :)

While I could have called you a troll, I did not.  What I did do is call your post a self-serving troll narrative. And I did so due to the content of your post in which you went about describing those who do not want to engage in OWPvP in MMORPGs as sucking at those games, when that could not be furthest from the truth, but you did so simply to troll the PvE players.  

You say those who do not want to PvP refuse to do so simply because they suck at the game.  I am a PvP player, but I do not like the manner in which PvP is implemented in MMORPGs.  It's generally tacked on, unfair, uncompetitive, and takes advantage of PvE players who are enticed into playing MMORPGs due to them having 50 levels of nothing but engaging PvE activities and because it is their preferred gaming genre. You, however, like to PvP in MMORPGs and consider yourself a "superior" player because you like to gank, annoy, and inconvenience players in MMORPGs.  

There are more than your "two options" as to why a player may be opposed to the manner in which PvP is implemented in MMORPGs featuring OWPvP.  You self-servingly failed to mention any other options in an effort to elevate yourself above the PvE player.  That is why I called your response a self-serving troll narrative, and while its true that no one forces a PvE player from buying these games, they do entice them to buy them by offering a majority of its game play to have very engaging PvE content, but then do a bait and switch at end games forcing them to non-consensual OWPvP after having successfully reeled them in and taken their money.  That is deceitful game marketing and intended in an effort to maximize profits at the expense of a vulnerable majority of the gaming demographic.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Kyleran said:
    Archlyte said:
    Kyleran said:
    What I'm surprised at is how many people think the position of "security guard" is going to be attractive enough to convince people to do it with any regularity.

Won't be happening folks....
    Honest Question: Does this happen in EVE? Not sure if anyone acts a a mercenary protector because I stopped paying attention to that game a long time ago. I would imagine not unless they are a RL friend because EVE has no penalty for betrayal or ganking, and EVE culture rewards fucking people over.

The test of it will be whether contracts are binding, NPC police work, and Spark penalties are highly punishing. Someone will grief, because people start forest fires, blow up airplanes full of people, hurt children, etc. If the criminal element runs the game then the EVE players get to hold a sword in a game I guess and everyone else will find something else to do. It doesn't seem like this is Soulbound's aim though. 

I think that makes sense. I guess I'm looking at it from this perspective:

I'm playing a character that I want to be a legendary crafter. I am out gathering materials from an area that is dangerous because that's the only place I can find them. You have to be good at fathering to get them, so I either have to hire a fighting gatherer to get them, or do it myself.

1. If I do it myself then I may lose all my time and mats if killed. 

2. If I hire a Fighter/Gatherer via a contract I should be good

3. Buy Mats from other players 

4. Do it myself with a pocket guard. I may get my materials plus Guard gets what the robbers have :)

I will admit that #2 is probably best answer.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures

There is a third option.  You mention it in the first sentence of your second paragraph but you fail to take it into consideration because it doesn't fit your self-serving troll narrative.  And that is because they love the game, but hate forced non-consensual PvP, period.  No one refuses to play any other game.  As a matter of fact, the large majority of PvEers eventually do exactly that once they reach the point in which they are forced to PvP, and once enough of them leave to do exactly that, the game dies shortly thereafter.

Does it ever occur to the PvP-centric players that perhaps those players that don't want to deal with forced non-consensual PvP is because what really sucks in those MMORPGs is the manner in which players are forced into non-consensual PvP.  So it has nothing to do with sucking at those games, as you say, and everything to do because they dont want to deal with the toxic, rude, obnoxious and inconsiderate PvP-centric asshats in those games.

The only games that PvEers like and want to play that have PvP in them are the ones that have a good measure of PvE content and have optional PvP, and they like those games primarily for their PvE content, not their PvP content.  You don't see PvEers in fail OWPvP-centric games such as Mortal Online, Darkfall, etc, do you?  If developers really wanted to develop PvP games for the OWPvP-centric players they would stop developing games that draw in the PvE players, and their money, with fifty levels of nothing but PvE content, only to do a bait and switch on them and force them to become PvP fodder/content at end game to make a buck.  Because we all know that any forced non-consensual OWPvP game without money by the majority PvE gamer demographic is a non-starter fail MMORPG.

First you call me a troll, a sign of a weak argument, then you go about whining that the game forces you to PvP.
    Nobody forced you to buy that game, and yet you still claim that game is forcing you to PvP??

While I could have called you a troll, I did not.  What I did do is call your post a self-serving troll narrative. And I did so due to the content of your post in which you went about describing those who do not want to engage in OWPvP in MMORPGs as sucking at those games, when that could not be furthest from the truth, but you did so simply to troll the PvE players.  

You say those who do not want to PvP refuse to do so simply because they suck at the game.  I am a PvP player, but I do not like the manner in which PvP is implemented in MMORPGs.  It's generally tacked on, unfair, uncompetitive, and takes advantage of PvE players who are enticed into playing MMORPGs due to them having 50 levels of nothing but engaging PvE activities and because it is their preferred gaming genre. You, however, like to PvP in MMORPGs and consider yourself a "superior" player because you like to gank, annoy, and inconvenience players in MMORPGs.  

There are more than your "two options" as to why a player may be opposed to the manner in which PvP is implemented in MMORPGs featuring OWPvP.  You self-servingly failed to mention any other options in an effort to elevate yourself above the PvE player.  That is why I called your response a self-serving troll narrative, and while its true that no one forces a PvE player from buying these games, they do entice them to buy them by offering a majority of its game play to have very engaging PvE content, but then do a bait and switch at end games forcing them to non-consensual OWPvP after having successfully reeled them in and taken their money.  That is deceitful game marketing and intended in an effort to maximize profits at the expense of a vulnerable majority of the gaming demographic.
    Why do you assume that he is a griefer?

And just admit it.. you haven't played a sandbox with PVP long enough to figure out how to safely PVE. I think that if you did, you wouldn't be saying such things. ITs as easy as logging out when there is load lag or bunnyhopping to the nearest water. Its kind of cheap but you can even guarantee no chance of PVP when there are no instances.. just setup a bot that sets off an alarm in vent or something or be in an active clan that is scattered in the area all of the time and listen if they find PVP.

edited May 2016
    You're desperation is showing, there is NO such thing as a PvX player
    In the 20 plus years I've been PVPing, I've never met a PvPer that didn't like crafting or exploring, which always involves lots of PvE.

Griefers should not be put in the same category as PvPers, which is what I think you are describing.

So there is no such thing as a player who enjoys strictly PvE game play, Ie. MMORPGs such and FFXIV, and avoids PvP at all costs ...

... And a player who enjoys both PvE and PvP content in their MMORPGs ...

... And a player who enjoys strictly PvP game play and abhor any game with PvE content, Ie., FPS/MOBAs etc.,?

Assuming you really don't know the difference ...

The first example is a PvE player, the second is a PvX player, and the third a PvP player.

No one has claimed that there are no PvPers that didn't like crafting or exploring, which always involves lots of PvE.  That is the very definition of a PvX player.  If you are one of these players, you would be considered a PvX players. 

No one has claimed that all PvPers are griefers.  I am a PvP player in FPS games.  I am a PvX player in MMORPGs.  I do not consider myself a griefer.  There are many PvPers, who fall under the category of PvXers in MMORPGs.  We are not all griefers.  Those PvPers who take exception, and are defensive, about being categorized as "griefers" are perhaps those who feel self'conscious about their behavior in MMORPGs featuring PvP game play.  If that is you, then perhaps you should change your 'mentality' and style of play while PvP in MMORPGs.  

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
    I'm sure that in this game there will be things that you can do to avoid PVP if you want to.. don't worry about it.

The supposed 'forced PVP' doesn't even have to exist.

What if you play with a lot of people? Most likely will be as simple as that.

• ThexReporterThexReporter Member UncommonPosts: 124
    $30 to make you whine like a 15 year old girl is a drop in the bucket for the entertainment it will bring me.
    edited May 2016

Why do you assume that he is a griefer?

And just admit it.. you haven't played a sandbox with PVP long enough to figure out how to safely PVE. I think that if you did, you wouldn't be saying such things. ITs as easy as logging out when there is load lag or bunnyhopping to the nearest water. Its kind of cheap but you can even guarantee no chance of PVP when there are no instances.. just setup a bot that sets off an alarm in vent or something or be in an active clan that is scattered in the area all of the time and listen if they find PVP.

No where did I assume him to be a griefer.  His argument does enough to identify him as a griefer simply for defending this type of non-consensual OWPvP game play in MMORPGs. If he were not a PvP player who supported "griefing" in MMORPGs, he would be agreeing with my point of view of allowing PvE players the option to flag for PvP, since they are not interested in PvPing with me anyway.  

I wouldn't be speaking on the subject if I didn't have enough experience in sandboxes with PvP to draw upon. Again, for the hundredth time, I am a PvP player.  I just don't like the manner in which PvP is implemented in MMORPGs.  It's generally tacked on, unfair, uncompetitive, and takes advantage of PvE players who are enticed into playing MMORPGs due to them having 50 levels of nothing but engaging PvE activities and because it is their preferred gaming genre.

A smart PvPer would embrace the concept of supporting consensual PvP in OWPvP games thereby increasing the game's population and "nurturing" the growth of PvP game play rather than continuing with this rude and toxic behavior that does nothing but turn away a good majority of the MMORPG genre's player demographic thereby successfully expediting a game's demise.  
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    I'm a bit torn by the whole problem. On the one hand OWPvP is the only way I can see to get complex interactions between players that shape the world.

On the other hand the play-styles of players will be in great conflict, and when you throw the Asshat Meta Gamer in with the gentile RP crafter you will get someone being angry unless there is something to ameliorate that (patience, Game Systems that get justice/revenge for you, Robust Ignore and anti-griefing, etc.).
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • stimulus999stimulus999 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    if you look at the history of open pvp games, they usually fail due to abuse and griefing. almost all the previous titles with open pvp have failed. Archage, Asta , Echo of Soul immediately come to mind but there's a lot more.  Ever wonder why choose open pvp instead of going with a pvp flag you can toggle or clothing you can equip? Social games are trying to push pvp heavy content because its cheaper for them for players to fight each other then pve. PVE you have to have devs keep making content, PVP the players are the content.  This is just another in a long line of corner cutting and money grabbing schemes that these "game" companies are employing now.  Demand better from your games by boycotting the ones that have monetizing mechanics. If everyone starts doing this game companies will be forced to adopt a different business models that don't include farming the players. Players are giving they attention and time and that's all they should have to give. There are so many ways to monetize the attention of players that doesn't put the burden of cost onto the player , but companies just don't make AS much. but they would still make a lot , and in the long run much more probably.
    ive been warned .lol
    Were you trying to solo these sandboxes you played before?

If you want to avoid PVP in this game than just play in a group that wants to PVE, its not that hard...

No where did I assume him to be a griefer.  His argument does enough to identify him as a griefer simply for defending this type of non-consensual OWPvP game play in MMORPGs.
    LOL

what the hell is OWPvP anyways? Whats the OW for? PVX...?

• lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Were you trying to solo these sandboxes you played before?

If you want to avoid PVP in this game than just play in a group that wants to PVE, its not that hard...

No where did I assume him to be a griefer.  His argument does enough to identify him as a griefer simply for defending this type of non-consensual OWPvP game play in MMORPGs.
    LOL

what the hell is OWPvP anyways? Whats the OW for? PVX...?
    OW is Open World. Basically means there are no 'no-PvP' areas anywhere in the world.

Having said that, towns and cities are likely to be comparatively safe for people to go about their business. Course that could change if a King on the other side of the continent takes it upon himself to rain destruction down upon your town.
    lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id