Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you try out free fly week? Star Citizen

13»

Comments

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Babuinix said:
    Armchair development is one of those degrees every forum warrior as a masters on. Such is the inter-web ways.
    Is that anything like armchair propaganda ministry?
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Babuinix said:
    Armchair development is one of those degrees every forum warrior as a masters on. Such is the inter-web ways.
    Liking a game and talking about it it's completely normal, it's called being a passionate gamer and that's how most people invest themselves in their hobbies, with passion and focusing on what they like. Trolls, cynics and negative people are just using games to vent the far more deeper psychological problems they have while providing laughing material for the "normal" people.
  • howstupidisthishowstupidisthis Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Babuinix said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Babuinix said:
    Liking a game and talking about it it's completely normal, it's called being a passionate gamer and that's how most people invest themselves in their hobbies, with passion and focusing on what they like. Trolls, cynics and negative people are just using games to vent the far more deeper psychological problems they have while providing laughing material for the "normal" people.
    Who gets to decide who's who?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Babuinix said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Babuinix said:
    Who gets to decide who's who?
    I'd say everyone.  And people pretty much know what role they want to play before they start typing.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Babuinix said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Babuinix said:
    When I'm being lied to, when people don't do things they say they're going to do, when the story keeps changing over periods of months, when I look at that and can cite examples how things are askew, it means something's wrong with me.

To paraphrase, you've just said, "People who recognize something's wrong with CIG have something wrong with them".

How about, "If this company were on the up and up, there wouldn't be so much confusion, so many changed stories, and so many people wouldn't be upset to the point of needing to speak out about it."

I'd ask what you think of that statement, but I really don't care. You're being caustic, you're actively participating in part of the problem, you don't have the capacity to dispute facts but only deflect with insults, and you're ignored.

"People are really excited for this game, and it's interesting because people either have no idea what it is at all or they're ultra-passionate fans. There's no middle ground. That's the very definition of a cult following."~ Mark Hamill on Star Citizen
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/3069492/computers/mark-hamill-talks-squadron-42-oh-how-far-weve-come-since-wing-commander.html

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

Don't worry, you folks should get many, many free-fly weekends over the next couple of years. 

Like David Jennings said, 'You could do what was good for the game, or you could do what Chris Roberts wanted....'

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    That Mark Hamill interview was actually pretty interesting.   Good read on that aspect of the games. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    as backer waiting for finished product
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    DKLond said:
    I have access to the game through my pledge, so I didn't try it.

I've decided to wait longer between trying out new versions - because the game is too far off from being finished to get excited about it now.

My plan was to try 2.0 to see if what they were promising was really possible - and I'd say 2.1+ proved that they're on the right track - and I'm now confident they'll deliver on the vision.

As such, I'd rather experience the full game - instead of getting it piecemeal - as that will reduce my final enjoyment of it.

However, it's hard not to check it out "just a little" here and there :)

I feel this way about all Early Access games I feel have potential.  As hard as it is I do my best to wait until they are 100% completed, or I feel the game is basically done and they are just milking the EA status.
  • howstupidisthishowstupidisthis Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Babuinix said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Babuinix said:
    When I'm being lied to, when people don't do things they say they're going to do, when the story keeps changing over periods of months, when I look at that and can cite examples how things are askew, it means something's wrong with me.

To paraphrase, you've just said, "People who recognize something's wrong with CIG have something wrong with them".

How about, "If this company were on the up and up, there wouldn't be so much confusion, so many changed stories, and so many people wouldn't be upset to the point of needing to speak out about it."

I'd ask what you think of that statement, but I really don't care. You're being caustic, you're actively participating in part of the problem, you don't have the capacity to dispute facts but only deflect with insults, and you're ignored.

There's a huge difference between those who think a game is vapor ware and those looking for attention.
    Most players who dislike a game, for whatever reason, ignores that game and moves on to games they are interested in.
    It takes a "special" kind of person to spend day after day on a forum, bashing players who like a game that they do not and I can't tell if it's simple selfishness or deeper psychological problems.
    But I know one thing for sure, you guys are NOT here to help us in any way.   :)

• rapatpamprapatpamp Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Nope.

Adjuvant1 said:
    Babuinix said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Babuinix said:

There's a huge difference between those who think a game is vapor ware and those looking for attention.
    Most players who dislike a game, for whatever reason, ignores that game and moves on to games they are interested in.
    It takes a "special" kind of person to spend day after day on a forum, bashing players who like a game that they do not and I can't tell if it's simple selfishness or deeper psychological problems.
    But I know one thing for sure, you guys are NOT here to help us in any way.   :)

I don't just "bash people who like a game", regardless of your baseless accusation, and I can prove it. I cannot do that here and expect to not get infractions. Everybody and their over-protective mothers report everything I say here, throwing stuff at the wall until it sticks. If, indeed, all I was doing was "attacking people for liking something", I would not be here typing right now.

I type with forethought, citations and sense, and often, quite regularly, what I type isn't "hateful" or even "negative", but purely observation with relevant reference, until it's construed by someone with an opposing viewpoint. Then the bets are off, I'm a horrible person and I'm called everything under the sun.