Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why can't we call a "shill" a "shill"?

Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
Why is it considered "insulting to other participants" to point out shilling on this site?

See this? See the post history?

http://forums.mmorpg.com/profile/lunawisp

See this, starting a thread to advertise toward other threads to bring attention to the crowdfunding?

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/450794/chronicles-of-elyria-still-wavering#latest

That is a shill. I called it a shill and pointed out the post history, I get a warning from Vaross. Honestly, I'm tired of Vaross and I put it on ignore.

Can you please take a little time to read it and learn to discern through deductive reasoning who are shills, then deal with them appropriately?

Also, I'll give real money if you censor Erillion to post anything but Star Citizen pasta for a month.

Comments

• lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
    edited May 2016
    It was probably your language...remember the F word you directed at me. And that 'thread' was created to call attention to a blog that I wrote. Are we not permitted to do that?

And calling someone a 'shill' because they like and support a game that you don't is just...no, I really can't be bothered...

Oh, and just for the record, calling out a moderator is probably not such a great idea...  :)
    Post edited by lunawisp on
    lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    lunawisp said:
    It was probably your language...remember thre F word you directed at me.

And calling someone a 'shill' because they like and support a game that you don't is just...no, I really can't be bothered...

Oh, and just for the record, calling out a moderator is probably not such a great idea...  :)
    Of course you're not going to say, "yeh, I'm a shill", because you'd be banned. Your post history is enough evidence.

Also, if I want to know "what is a great idea" from a shill, I'll pay one to have an opinion.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Reported.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

edited May 2016
    Reported.
    Well, hell, I would hope the mods read it in the first place since it's a site suggestion.

edit: Being nice, because I suspect that was humor. Giving you the benefit of the doubt you can think that far ahead.
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    I remember when this forums was for talking about games and not other posters. . . .

I must of missed the re-branding.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited May 2016
    EDIT: Deleted. After reading Adjuvant1's reply I don't want to have anything to do with this discussion /EDIT

Vrika said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Reported.
    Well, hell, I would hope the mods read it in the first place since it's a site suggestion.

edit: Being nice, because I suspect that was humor. Giving you the benefit of the doubt you can think that far ahead.
    @Ajduvant1

You can contact MMORPG.com moderators through [email protected]. I'd suggest sending an email to them if you really want to complain.

You are not allowed to attack other users personally on these forums, and forum mods will not discuss publicly actions they decide to take (or not take) against some individual. Creating a thread where you name and shame lunawisp is too public. It's not going to do you any good, it's only going to get you banned.
    I'm aware of all that, thanks. I'm very conscious of my decision and manner to bring this issue to public eyes instead of sneaking around in shadows like a piss-ant tattle-tale.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    We don't allow people to go after anyone on the forums for anything. No personal insults, no witch hunts, etc. If you feel someone is a "shill" message me privately with your evidence and I will be glad to review it. Do not post it on the forums. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.