Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Wipe - July 2016 !

2»

Comments

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Ice-Queen said:
    jonp200 said:
    I made the mistake of backing this... Not at all excited unless I get the option of having my pledge returned.. That would excite me.
    Sell it now. You can get your money back. I got $1800 for my $1600 pledge. One of the whales will buy it to obfuscate the fact that only about 50 people actually play the game. There's a sucker born every minute.

Currently, that's not an option for some people at higher pledge levels, unless of course you don't mind losing hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Maybe at Lord or below you might break even or maybe get a little extra back. People are selling RF accounts at a huge loss now. One look at the first few pages in the Marketplace you can see. Most people that have spent huge amounts on the game have spent all the high dollars they're willing to spend now, so the days of at least breaking even and getting the amount you've spent on higher level pledges back seems to be over for now.
    Well, then I'll count myself lucky that I sold early. Sounds like the engine fell out of Portalarium's hype train. 

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    edited April 2016
    :(
    Post edited by Ice-Queen on

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    "Shroud of the Alpha"......the game created by Lord British that makes people want to avoid Alpha's, BETA's and other early access/founders programs FOREVER.
  • AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    edited April 2016
    Great new, 

Final wipe [mod edit] in July 2016 !  

Cant wait !
    I guess you mean the last wipe before launch, not a final wipe. The final wipe will be when they pull the plug on this game.

It takes one to know one.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Astraeis said:
    Great new, 

Cant wait !
    I guess you mean the last wipe before launch, not a final wipe. The final wipe will be when they pull the plug on this game.
    No, their words, final wipe.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=56208

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Astraeis said:
    Great new, 

Cant wait !
    No, their words, final wipe.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=56208

Let's hope it will take a long time to prove them wrong. At least when the game is any fun. When the game is no fun, I don't care.

It takes one to know one.

edited April 2016
    Torval said:
    Hopefully. I mean most gamers really don't have what it takes to participate prelaunch. If this is what it takes to cull the unwashed masses then so be it. We'll be better off without the facile giving feedback. People that used to do a lot of testing understood that the environment is not for everyone. Some people are learning that lesson the hard way now.
    <Blinks>

I don't have words. Can you expand on this, to tell us how you really feel? Who are the unwashed masses, and exactly who and what are you defending in this diatribe?

edit: Are you saying this project is in this state of development because people who pay to back the game are impatient and short-sighted?

edit2: @Torval , are you involved in the development of one of the new indie superhero mmos? Just curious, because you seem to take things personally regarding dev action and public response.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Ice-Queen said:
    jonp200 said:
    I made the mistake of backing this... Not at all excited unless I get the option of having my pledge returned.. That would excite me.
    Sell it now. You can get your money back. I got $1800 for my $1600 pledge. One of the whales will buy it to obfuscate the fact that only about 50 people actually play the game. There's a sucker born every minute.

Currently, that's not an option for some people at higher pledge levels, unless of course you don't mind losing hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Maybe at Lord or below you might break even or maybe get a little extra back. People are selling RF accounts at a huge loss now. One look at the first few pages in the Marketplace you can see. Most people that have spent huge amounts on the game have spent all the high dollars they're willing to spend now, so the days of at least breaking even and getting the amount you've spent on higher level pledges back seems to be over for now.
    Just saw your response...I was on vacation.

Unfortunately sometimes investments cause loss. It's just a fact. I hope no one went into this early access period thinking at worst they would break even. The only reason I managed to make a bit was I watched feedback closely and when I noticed it going downhill quickly, I sold. No one wants these pledges anymore so people are stuck with them, unless they want to take a loss.

This is one of the lesser "perks" of Kickstarters and early access. No guarantees the game will get better over time or develop in the direction you want it to develop.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Are they really going to release this game to the public ? Wow 
    LOL they can't even decide if housing is going to be instanced or not and they have final wipe in 2 months.

ffs, no real consumer can think this is cool. It's like a guy slapping you in the face with a big fish every day, just because you gave him money.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Torval said:
    Hopefully. I mean most gamers really don't have what it takes to participate prelaunch. If this is what it takes to cull the unwashed masses then so be it. We'll be better off without the facile giving feedback. People that used to do a lot of testing understood that the environment is not for everyone. Some people are learning that lesson the hard way now.
    <Blinks>

I don't have words. Can you expand on this, to tell us how you really feel? Who are the unwashed masses, and exactly who and what are you defending in this diatribe?

edit: Are you saying this project is in this state of development because people who pay to back the game are impatient and short-sighted?

edit2: @Torval , are you involved in the development of one of the new indie superhero mmos? Just curious, because you seem to take things personally regarding dev action and public response.

Yes most people are impatient as well as short sighted, especially when it comes to the topic of videogame development, testing and what it truly entails. Just look at people complaining about "final wipes" as if that's is the only thing to combat a serious exploit, or something of the sort... It's like they've never heard of a rollback.... which was a normal practice "back in the day".. A final wipe doesn't mean a serious issue can't be "erased" going forward. 

As for your edit2... We can all sling inane declarations about each other.. talk about taking things personal, you seem to be on a personal crusade against any and all crowdfunded games. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Lord British, the original Greed Monger. 
  • MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Final wipe nice. So MMORPG.com should be having a review of the game soon 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So this is early access pre-alpha final wipe.  That should mean there will be an alpha and beta final wipe before a launch.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    So this is early access pre-alpha final wipe.  That should mean there will be an alpha and beta final wipe before a launch.
    No, this is the last wipe.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    edited May 2016
    sotasucks said:
    Ice-Queen said:
    jonp200 said:

Currently, that's not an option for some people at higher pledge levels, unless of course you don't mind losing hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Maybe at Lord or below you might break even or maybe get a little extra back. People are selling RF accounts at a huge loss now. Most people that have spent huge amounts on the game have spent all the high dollars they're willing to spend now, so the days of at least breaking even and getting the amount you've spent on higher level pledges back seems to be over for now.
    Just saw your response...I was on vacation.

Unfortunately sometimes investments cause loss. It's just a fact. I hope no one went into this early access period thinking at worst they would break even. The only reason I managed to make a bit was I watched feedback closely and when I noticed it going downhill quickly, I sold. No one wants these pledges anymore so people are stuck with them, unless they want to take a loss.

This is one of the lesser "perks" of Kickstarters and early access. No guarantees the game will get better over time or develop in the direction you want it to develop.
    I would hope people didn't invest just to get more money from their pledge. I pledged because I wanted to support it and it was a game that interested me. I treat kickstarters like it's gambling. Sometimes you win, most times you lose. :) In this case though I'm hoping for a win of course, lol. It's no where near ready yet though, it's still very rough around the edges, framerate can be really bad with a lot of people in one place, combat is still in need of a lot of work (I think someone on another forum described it best, combat deck system would be ok for an app game but not Sota), and don't get me started on how boring/slow gathering is and the low yield from it is, ugh.  I can see promise in Sota and I'm just patiently waiting for lot selection and then release later this year. We'll all see how it goes. :)
    Post edited by Ice-Queen on

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Abydos-CDDAbydos-CDD Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I will play at 'Last Wipe' but not sure for longer. I really dont like the new Gold Crowns of the Obsidians P2W via Add On Store.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Torval said:
    "Shroud of the Alpha"......the game created by Lord British that makes people want to avoid Alpha's, BETA's and other early access/founders programs FOREVER.
    Which brings me to another reason why the game sucks. The elitist mentality of the community. Hate to burst your bubble there ol' boy, but the only people Garriot is listening to are the ones who paid to have their voice heard. Judging from the stink of pretentiousness coming from your post, I would assume you'd be one of them. 

You don't promise to never wipe again when you still consider your game in an alpha state, or even early beta state. So there you go, one of the 'unwashed masses' just taught the 'glorious Alpha Testing Veteran with Lots of Disposable Income to Waste' something. 

And another thing: You don't have to be experienced in any sort of testing to see where this game is going. It's plain as fucking day what they're doing, but pardon us for having an opinion and a voice despite not having paid several thousand dollars. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Torval said:
    Which brings me to another reason why the game sucks. The elitist mentality of the community. Hate to burst your bubble there ol' boy, but the only people Garriot is listening to are the ones who paid to have their voice heard. Judging from the stink of pretentiousness coming from your post, I would assume you'd be one of them. 

You don't promise to never wipe again when you still consider your game in an alpha state, or even early beta state. So there you go, one of the 'unwashed masses' just taught the 'glorious Alpha Testing Veteran with Lots of Disposable Income to Waste' something. 

And another thing: You don't have to be experienced in any sort of testing to see where this game is going. It's plain as fucking day what they're doing, but pardon us for having an opinion and a voice despite not having paid several thousand dollars. 

Well said.