Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hopes and dreams, just general statements.

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Were all waiting for an immersive mmo, at least the people here on the Pantheon forums.

Here is my list for the ultimate in adventuring and living in a virtual world:

- Wide open world, no zoning.  Very few mmos accomplished this, Vanilla WOW, I guess EVE Online and Vanguard had the vision.  I'm sure their were others but they don't come to mind.  Mega servers and copies and clones of zones really suck for immersion.

Zoning is OK if absolutely necessary, as long as they are HUGE.  If extremely large they can be ignored.

- This is arguable, But instanced dungeons are ok with me.  It makes the dungeons and raids personal to the group ( it's your group vs. the dungeon or raid ).

- No Auto dungeon finder, infact no Auto anything.  This is not a step up in technology, it just kills the immersion. Bad feature !

- No videos.  They don't belong, and they stop the immersive in a player driven world. Again this is not a step up in technology !

- No fast travel, no mystical warping given to us by the Gods, No go out to the dock and ring a bell, then Wamm !  your at your destination.....none of that !.........Horses and flying is fine.

- Slow leveling....Fast leveling is a TRICK....Two reasons:

1) way less content.

2) to sell expansion's fast.

-  Hard content.  Easy sucks and you know it. I'm sure any one interested in Pantheon could agree with this.

- And as always no micro transactions or I'm not playing !

Sorry for the rant !!!!

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I like videos. Especially where your character is part of it. The only down side is other people not wanting to wait for you to watch them.

That said, it's not a major issue for me one way or the other. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests