Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foreboding World Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageThe Foreboding World Revealed

Greenman Gaming has posted a new video from Lifeless, the up-and-coming MMO that pits two factions in an epic struggle for survival. The trailer shows off the foreboding locations throughout the game world as well as some of the loot players can expect to collect. Check it out and let us know what you think!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Hmmm not until June
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Rhoklaw said:
    Good luck competing against Conan Exiles  :p
    Guess it depends if people want "modern" or "medieval(ish)". I can see myself playing both. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• onelesslightonelesslight Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Yay another zombie game we certainly don't have enough of those
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

Torval said:

Yet another ffa game "that pits two factions in an epic struggle for survival". It looks pretty. I think with the more accessible Unreal and Cry Engines we'll see more rubber stamp games. That's not new. Rubber-stamping is mmo developer 101. I just think they're going to have a hard time gaining traction beyond a small dedicated niche. If that works for them great.

It's not FFA since there are only two factions, which is frankly ridiculous in a post-apocalyptic zombie setting.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• Zen00Zen00 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Sounds like they couldn't even come up with an original name here. The Foreboding World, The Hidden World...
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Zen00 said:
    Sounds like they couldn't even come up with an original name here. The Foreboding World, The Hidden World...
    The Secret World, Forsaken World, Perfect World...
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited May 2016
    Torval said:
    Yet another ffa game "that pits two factions in an epic struggle for survival". It looks pretty. I think with the more accessible Unreal and Cry Engines we'll see more rubber stamp games. That's not new. Rubber-stamping is mmo developer 101. I just think they're going to have a hard time gaining traction beyond a small dedicated niche. If that works for them great.
    Conan exiles aside :P yep your point is true for the most part. That Conan exiles though... nerdgasm..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Zen00 said:

The game's name is...um...Lifeless. The foreboding part was my title for the article.

Close though. Keep trying. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    these types of "survival" games seem to be the flavor-of-the-month these days...
  • blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I have a couple of questions. 1.) how big is the in-game map/world? 2.) How many players does the world support? 3.) are there persistent servers or are they player run? 4.) will there be wipes of the world? ... I'm really sick of all these games that claim to be MMO's that are hosted on player run servers supporting only a handful of players on a tiny 2kmx2km map that is either wiped or disappears when the player who hosts gets bored and shuts down the server.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Torval said:
    Distopia said:
    Torval said:
    Conan exiles aside :P yep your point is true for the most part. That Conan exiles though... nerdgasm..
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
    Yeah yeah, same sales pitch as AoC.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Beanie hats AND an inventory system?! OMG THIS GAME IS F*CKING REVOLUTIONARY!

Smile