Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

9.7M Players Take Part in Beta, Symmetra's Comic Arrives

2»

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    That is Blizzard's fanbase.  Every expansion that comes out with WOW you see the subs jump up to 9 mil.  Its automatic with them.  Everything they make has 9 million people who try it because its Blizzard.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Had a lot of fun. Haven't really been into shooters since Qwake Wars. Kinda took me by surprise, with how fun it was. Needs some more diverse maps though. Blizzard is good at getting players to play genres they otherwise wouldn't play. They got non-MMO players to play WoW and non-TCG players to play HS. They'll do the same with OW.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Nothing all that impressive if you've played team fortress two before.  Characters are more interesting but same game pretty much. 
  • JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883

Nothing all that impressive if you've played team fortress two before.  Characters are more interesting but same game pretty much. 

Pretty much this.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • MangledBLMangledBL Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Tried it, liked it, wanted to hate it, couldn't... Will buy

The end.
  • Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    filmoret said:
    That is Blizzard's fanbase.  Every expansion that comes out with WOW you see the subs jump up to 9 mil.  Its automatic with them.  Everything they make has 9 million people who try it because its Blizzard.
    No offense but bullshit. I'm the last person that would backup a blizzard game. I hate WoW with every fiber of my being. Hearthstone is one of the worst games I've ever played that almost smells P2W. I didn't even try their MOBA because it looks bad, I did play Diablo 3 but only because I was huge on Diablo 2 back in the day, got 2 toons to lvl 60 and never touched it again. 

Overwatch though ... this is something else. This game seems to cater to everyone, even non FPS players. You are bad at shooting? Well hello ... you have 4 builders and 4 supporters that don't require much pew pewing. 
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Leon1e said:
    filmoret said:
    No offense but bullshit. I'm the last person that would backup a blizzard game. I hate WoW with every fiber of my being. Hearthstone is one of the worst games I've ever played that almost smells P2W. I didn't even try their MOBA because it looks bad, I did play Diablo 3 but only because I was huge on Diablo 2 back in the day, got 2 toons to lvl 60 and never touched it again. 

Overwatch though ... this is something else. This game seems to cater to everyone, even non FPS players. You are bad at shooting? Well hello ... you have 4 builders and 4 supporters that don't require much pew pewing. 
    The 4 part gamespot "making of" youtube series was really eye opening when you saw who was behind Overwatch. The devs that they interviewed, except Metzen, pretty much all cut their teeth on modding and/or were competitive players for shooters back in the day. Like when Quake and Unreal were still the big dogs. 

It's very obvious that the team behind Overwatch felt that had something to prove, since they failed to complete project Titan. They all are passionate about the genre itself. They all also seemed to not take themselves too seriously when they were doing things like hero design too. The fact that Soldier 76 was literally designed to be familiar to the younger players who have pretty much grown up on cod and battlefield. It's been nearly a decade since TF2 came out, everything else has been basically military shooters based in reality.

I've had stupid amounts of fun in Overwatch. It's pretty much one of very few shooters that I've played where you're even having a ton of fun during a loss.
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    I won't buy it. I don't like the aesthetics of it. It's just not... serious enough... for me.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Leon1e said:
    filmoret said:

It still doesn't nullify the fact that everything they do has an initial hit from 9 million players.  I would like to ask though if you have ever tried any of the other options like League of Legends, Dota, Warframe, f2p fps games like AVA, and the clone Team Fortress 2.  Yea this is basically a TF2 clone so...   The only thing different here is it is made by blizzard.  Other then that there is nothing specifically better then the alternative options.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Imagine what would have happened if this ended up being the full MMO it was planed to be?
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    filmoret said:
    Right! And D3 sold 30 mil copies! That is Blizzard's fanbase 

You can't actually count Blizzard's fanbase. No , you can't!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    edited May 2016
    filmoret said:
    Leon1e said:
    filmoret said:

It still doesn't nullify the fact that everything they do has an initial hit from 9 million players.  I would like to ask though if you have ever tried any of the other options like League of Legends, Dota, Warframe, f2p fps games like AVA, and the clone Team Fortress 2.  Yea this is basically a TF2 clone so...   The only thing different here is it is made by blizzard.  Other then that there is nothing specifically better then the alternative options.
    Have played all of the games you've listed. Still playing Warframe while waiting for Overwatch. Tf2 is too old these days. Graphics are subpar at best. Animations are showing their age. Lower class pick, doesn't interest me as much as overwatch. Map design is bizzarely better than TF2. And the game modes are a lot more fun than the meaningless team deathmatch. Saying OW is TF2 clone and relying only on graphics is pretty idiotic thing to do. OW is pretty much also half life, its also quake and unreal tournament. And among all those its also TF2, all tied up in an amazing game at the end. Games that you seem too young to remember :)