Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

True or False?

SauloSaulo Member UncommonPosts: 11

True or False....

They say this game is extremely hard to level in, PVP gets annoying cause you cant relax for a few minutes before getting pounded on, they also say it's so hard it gets annoying.

Whatta you think? By the way i got this all from a person on the www.FFXIonline.com who posted why he left L2 beta (I guess he's Korean) for FFXI.

Saulo
SWG Player
Future EQ2 or WoW Player

Saulo
SWG Player
Future WoW Player

Comments

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

I'm responding with opinion and hope of what Lineage 2 might be, neither of which are fact.

Leveling in a game should be an end result of playing the game and having fun, not the definitive goal for playing the game. If Lineage 2 focuses more on the gathering of clans and building of castles, leveling will most likely be rather fast and painless due to the fact that the game programmers will want more time spent on Clan Castles and sieges then they will on camping spawn zones. Then again if very high level players are super nasty then getting to those high levels should at least be some what difficult to do.

As far as PvP is concerned, most anytime your character dies it's annoying. If it be by player or monster it's still usually a headache, especially when you can lose stuff like equipment and such when you die. If the game has an awesome party system like Shadowbane or Ever quest then PvP won't be a problem until high level characters become a common site, usually by the fourth to sixth month of the games release this happens. Until that time PvP won't be very common with a good needed party system, meaning that if you want to do real adventuring you're going to want/need to join a party, which in return means that in order to get PvP'ed the PK'ers will have also needed to form a party in order to kill your party (or at least attempt to). If the game is like Ultima Online and from what I've read about Ultima X where the party system is a huge detriment rather then a large benefit, then PvP will be a common occurrence in the game during every stage of play because the game allows a single player to get as far as they want with out ever being social.

In either case it becomes a "pick your poison" situation. You can't PvP, in which case people always find ways to still be assholes in the game but you can't do anything other then type nasty messages back and forth. Or you can PvP, in which case anyone wants to be an ass to you, you can just outright kill them BUT you also could be killed a PvP'er. I would personally rather have PvP so you can do something about the folks that like to play just to piss off other people and if you do die by someone else's hand, there is no greater satisfaction then running into that player later on in the game when you are stronger and exacting revenge.... oh the sweet bliss of revenge.

What I believe an MMORPG boils down to is social play. If the party system is awesome and you can't really do anything without being in a party this forces players to be social and be friendly. One aspect is the player looking for a party will have to engage in friendly conversation with a group of strangers, the second aspect is if the more people the better the benefit then even the groups will be asking others to join them. If the world is a PvP world then entire groups of people would need to get together to want to PK others because they wouldn't be able to survive without being in a group, this makes PvP more "War like" and not as much of a concern. If you both have a group then either side could be the winner, if the PvP'er doesn't have a group then you laugh at him just before he dies. Being that not everyone hops on MMORPG'S to be an ass, the groups of PK'ers that form will most likely keep each others names for future groups and there group will get a 'reputation', per say, in which case you know not to trust them, kill them on site or to just stay away from the completely.

Those are my views... seen through a broken glass.
    -Raptor

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor

• porkasporkas Member Posts: 125

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

"Only the good die young so I'd rather stay evil"

No sleeping in class damn it!

-Raptor

-Raptor

The massive amount of MMORPG complaints are all dancing around in my head, I can't play a game with out getting caught in some sort of 'tell hell'. I just want to play damn it!

Our clan needs to go to war
    Someone got PK'ed by our allies
    Our nation needs to expand
    Our spawn zone is being camped
    Someone from your guild stole from us

Mommy make the bad men stop....

-Raptor

-Raptor

I'm ok now; I have my box of tissues and ice cream.

I mean my box of death tissues and evil cursed ice cream... with sprinkles.

God it's late, I sound like a drunken teenager. Good night all!

-Raptor

-Raptor

lol it will be my new years resolution to some time in the near future finish reading your post

• BabyJesusBabyJesus Member Posts: 33

beta = not retail

don't judge a book by it's cover

and all that other junk.. if you don't have the maturity to understand my first point, your opinions don't count.. play the game yourself and make up your own mind.. don't listen to people, they're all idiots

Wow, brutally straight to the point.

However your statement holds both truth and confliction. Beta does equal not retail, so one can't actually play the game to develop there own conclusion about it. If folks didn't judge the book by its cover chances are most would never play 90% of the games out there. They look cool, we judge them by there cover, discuss points of view and opinions before release, then play the game and either get really disappointed or try to find ways to sneak the game onto our work laptops to be able to play more often.

I completely agree with your statement but only if the game is actually out there to be played, until then everything could change in an instant and if people want to talk about it most of the topics will be opinions and pre judgment. Lack of maturity doesn't have much to do with judging things, that's more human nature then anything. Lack of maturity would be if one feels his opinions or point of views are the definitive and can't try to see other views.

Me, I just like debating... if you hadn't noticed.

-Raptor

-Raptor

• BabyJesusBabyJesus Member Posts: 33

There's a couple of MMORPG's I'm watching right now, L2 being one of them, but I've learned not to get excited about anything anymore. There will be many promises, most won't get fullfilled and the game itself will be totally different in one year after launch then what it was at launch (this can be good or bad)

This is why it's pointless to talk about what someone said. What if that guy that made that comment decides to kill himself 4 months after release because some high level character of his dies to something (CTD/lag/killed). Hey it happened in EQ, so it can happen anywhere. Way I hear it, Real gangs actually fight other gangs in RL over territory in Lineage 1. Take a game seriously much? See now, why would you wanna discuss a comment made by people like this? Not saying that's who made the original comment the original poster was talking about, but there IS a chance, no? So now why would your time talking about what some retard said?

Best things is to STFU, RTFM and GAFL. Abbreviations are fun, no?

So everyone just wait until the game gets into Open beta. See if your style and if you see yourself playing it for couple of months down the road. If you do, great, stfu and play. If you don't, tough luck, stfu and go play something else. Either way, no one cares.

Wow.. I'm dark. :::^b::

• ShmeeShmee Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by Saulo

True or False....

They say this game is extremely hard to level in, PVP gets annoying cause you cant relax for a few minutes before getting pounded on, they also say it's so hard it gets annoying.

Whatta you think? By the way i got this all from a person on the www.FFXIonline.com who posted why he left L2 beta (I guess he's Korean) for FFXI.

Saulo
    SWG Player
    Future EQ2 or WoW Player

One person is classified as they? A person really cannot effectively judge a game in the Korean language and in beta testing, wait till you try it youself it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

-I have gone to look for myself, if I should return, before I get back, keep me here.-

• SauloSaulo Member UncommonPosts: 11
    guess ill give it a try, Im addicted to all MMOGS ( I have 2 EQ accs, 2 Star Wars G accs, and plying on playing L2 WOW and EQ2) Yup thats why I got a job at Bestbuy. Lol thanks for the advice!

Saulo
    SWG Player
    Future EQ2 or WoW Player

Saulo
    SWG Player
    Future WoW Player

lol skadad jag bara

• higgsbosonhiggsboson Member Posts: 296

Originally posted by Saulo

True or False....

Saulo
    SWG Player
    Future EQ2 or WoW Player

Probably it's posted by someone who would be jaleous of L2 success world wide.

This game simply gonna own FFXI, WoW in Asia likewise in the world.

I've played the formal and I didn't like it. L2 is way way better than FFXI from what I've seen during its beta.