Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If anyone was doubting Overwatch will have healthy playerbase

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    p.s: Not once did the server fail , not once was any queue in place, or anyone waited more than 1 minute to find a game.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    That's cool. Let me guess, her name is Mei. am I right?

Pity I don't really like these kinds of games otherwise I'd play

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited May 2016
     not once was any queue in place, or anyone waited more than 1 minute to find a game.
    Has that ever been an issue in a true lobby based game? Just curious, as I've never seen it before. It's almost always a case of the more players the faster you get matches.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Open beta bruh, people didn't have to pay 40-60$.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    So 9.7 million did a free trial of a paid game? How incredible ... 
  • timf2121timf2121 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    A number of people played the hell out of the free open beta and will not buy the game. 
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    I played the beta but won't be buying it straight away. I want to see how it will be when its been out a while.
    Distopia said:
     not once was any queue in place, or anyone waited more than 1 minute to find a game.
    Has that ever been an issue in a true lobby based game? Just curious, as I've never seen it before. It's almost always a case of the more players the faster you get matches.
    They are hosting all the servers. So it means they have been ready to quickly pump out such massive amount of servers without any hitches or slowdowns.

Aside from that there are many other things that go wrong and usually do in such stress tests.

timf2121 said:
    A number of people played the hell out of the free open beta and will not buy the game. 
    Supposed that only 1 of 10 buys the game that is all ready 1 million sold.

You know how good is to have online shooter with 1 million active players ? Thats insane

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited May 2016
    I have a feeling they will have unprecedented numbers when they launch. They will do very well with this game and people are saying the classes are quite well balanced and fun. What more do you need ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    It seems so similar to every other lobby game out there.  I wonder why people bother to play a game that is so familiar that they feel like they've already played it a million times already.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DMKano said:
    As a B2P game Blizzard is far more interested in initial sales than active playrbase afterwards. 
    Its looking more and more that the 'market' is shifting away from the F2P monetisation method, to a B2P one, they both have cash shops, but the contents of the cash shops tend to be very different, B2P games tend to focus more on cosmetic items.
    That Overwatch is B2P is probably one of its selling points, in a way that being F2P might not have been, with B2P you have access to all the heroes and the maps, with a F2P version, that probably wouldn't have been the case, being B2P lends legitimacy to the game being a complete gaming package, in a way that a F2P game does not.
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    cartoony graphic. meh.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Do you work for Blizzard?  You seem personally invested in the game doing well, it's so weird to see people get into this mindset.  Maybe just play the game and not worry if people like it or not?  You are acting like the publicity portion of Blizzard.

You see people get into this mindset so often, I guess it's human nature to get like this since it's so widespread.  Xbox fanboys, Sony fanboys, marvel fanboys, sports team fanboys, anything fanboys...I guess people just need a tribal gang to belong to and defend from others

Even on the most technologically advanced form of communication that has ever existed we act like monkeys. 
    DMKano said:
    As a B2P game Blizzard is far more interested in initial sales than active playrbase afterwards. 
    Of course, that's how these companies seem to roll these days. Get em hyped, get their money, and then on to the next group of suckers.
    Not true for Blizzard.

For example D3 didnt have payed expansion in two years. Yet they release new season every 3 month adding significant revamps to the game , new areas , new gameplay - For free

They recently had significant patch for Diablo 2 , 16 years old game.

With Blizzard you know the game will not be abandoned first moment the profit dips.

Its probably only company that does that.

scorpex-x said:
    Do you work for Blizzard?  You seem personally invested in the game doing well, it's so weird to see people get into this mindset.  Maybe just play the game and not worry if people like it or not?  You are acting like the publicity portion of Blizzard.

You see people get into this mindset so often, I guess it's human nature to get like this since it's so widespread.  Xbox fanboys, Sony fanboys, marvel fanboys, sports team fanboys, anything fanboys...I guess people just need a tribal gang to belong to and defend from others

Even on the most technologically advanced form of communication that has ever existed we act like monkeys. 
    I wish the game to succeed, because i invested 40$

If it does not , there will be no player base, so matchmaking will not work and my 40$ will be wasted.

I am just happy since I can see it was solid investment. Can you blame me for that ?

scorpex-x said:

I wish the game to succeed, because i invested 40$

If it does not , there will be no player base, so matchmaking will not work and my 40$ will be wasted.
    (Wink wink : Battleborn , Titanfall , Evolve, Star Wars Battlefront ... just to mention latest )

I am just happy since I can see it was solid investment. Can you blame me for that ?

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited May 2016
    That's a hell of a lot of people, only 2million-plus played the battleborn beta.

Btw, Mei was a blast to play in the beta; huge crowd control.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Why do we need to debate? In less than a month, we will know if Overwatch is going to be successful or not.

If i need to bet, i will bet that it is. But again, we will know soon.
  • viddsterviddster Member UncommonPosts: 220
    YashaX said:
    That's a hell of a lot of people, only 2million-plus played the battleborn beta.

Btw, Mei was a blast to play in the beta; huge crowd control.
    My favourite class too.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Like Wildstar, I couldn't get past an hour of gameplay before concluding that I didn't want to invest time into it. 

It ran pretty smooth, though.  Whatever there is that might seem "beta-ish" about it, I didn't encounter it.

For those that like it though, best wishes for a smooth launch!  B)
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    No doubt a lot of people will play OW, but i wont buy it until they add more game modes. I enjoyed the open beta but eventually got tired of doing the same 2-3 same modes over and over.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    No doubt a lot of people will play OW, but i wont buy it until they add more game modes. I enjoyed the open beta but eventually got tired of doing the same 2-3 same modes over and over.
    They could use more modes, however you can switch characters which dramatically changes the gameplay of the game, so it wasn't so bad. League has basically one mode, and people don't seem to mind for this reason. I don't like League for other reasons mainly because it's basically minion kill farm simulator. No minions/creeps in Overwatch thankfully!
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • howstupidisthishowstupidisthis Member UncommonPosts: 147
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    I played the beta but won't be buying it straight away. I want to see how it will be when its been out a while.
    Anyone who does differently in today's gaming climate is a fool imho
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    scorpex-x said:
    Why do you care? Someone is interested in backing a game. So what?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."