Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Winston Gameplay with RipperX - Overwatch

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageWinston Gameplay with RipperX - Overwatch

With Overwatch Open Beta heating up, Ripper & friends start playing with competitive hero compositions in mind. One of the best ways to disrupt a defense is with Winston, the Gorilla and scholar of the Overwatch Hero group. Sometimes even 2 Winstons to break a tough defense. So how do you play Winston in Overwatch? Use your shield and jump to you're advantage, getting behind the enemy team while they are focused on your teammates is a great way to disperse and dominate the other team. Wins

Read the full story here

Comments

• corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151
    edited May 2016
    Its too much of the same, there are lots of games doing the exact same stuff and even with more in it from the start, nothing new and think this gets boring in the long run and will not last. I think its Blizzards way to make a quick buck and after the hype it will die out
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224

corvas said:

Its too much of the same, there are lots of games doing the exact same stuff and even with more in it from the start, nothing new and think this gets boring in the long run and will not last.

I think its Blizzards way to make a quick buck and after the hype it will die out

I couldn't disagree with you more Corvas, Overwatch will be one of the most successful games of the year, the degree of fun, strategy and overall replayability will be the reason for it's success. Game is fun as hell and I don't think any other game ie. Paladins or whatever is similar to it will come close to be honest.
  • UrncallerUrncaller Member UncommonPosts: 167
    edited May 2016
    I agree redripI have enjoyed every beta session....it has huge replay ability in my opinion it will do well.
  • LukoooneLukooone Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I disagree Ripper, Global Agenda for example did the same things far far better than overwatch and with more content since beggining like raid bosses and very very funny double agent missions. Even the combat in GA was much better and fun and doesnt feel like in a box in OW (I mean, all attacking the same point? in GA there was 3 point adding more stratgy, if you overdefend one you can lose the other 2)

But, but, but he attacked me when I was low life! 

Yes, HE DID, why you cant do the same to him? 

Uf that will take me a lot of time... 

HERE IS YOUR QUEST!

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    edited May 2016
    While I agree the game was pretty fun to play and has a couple of nice twists to it that other games don't, after putting several hours into the beta it still just felt like more of the same. Unfortunately when you get down to it the core of the game is just another in a long line of FPS rehashing. It might have more long term appeal to people with less experience in the genre, but after playing FPS games competitively for several years and eventually getting bored with them, Overwatch just doesn't bring anything all that new to the table to give me anything more than a mild interest in it.

Just as has been the pattern with MMORPGs in recent years... You're still essentially playing the same game as before, only this one has a different skin and maybe a cool new feature or 2, but in the end it just isn't enough to break the mold.

It's not a "bad" game by any means. I did have a bit of fun with it, and I did like the variety in playstyles that the different characters bring, sort of like a mash up of fps and moba. But the initial fun factor was already  wearing thin by the end of the beta for me and it certainly isn't something I would pay full price for when I could just go play CoD, R6, etc and get pretty much the same type of game.

I'm sure lots of people will enjoy it, and it will be very successful, which is great for them and Blizzard. Downside to that is, just like with WoW, everyone is going to just continue copying the same formula instead of trying to do something new.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Lukooone said:

I disagree Ripper, Global Agenda for example did the same things far far better than overwatch and with more content since beggining like raid bosses and very very funny double agent missions. Even the combat in GA was much better and fun and doesnt feel like in a box in OW (I mean, all attacking the same point? in GA there was 3 point adding more stratgy, if you overdefend one you can lose the other 2)

Yeh I played the hell out of GA. I haven't tried Overwatch yet but it does look like more of the same between GA and TF2, except just more frantic. Were you riding that train when recording Ripper? ;)

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    To expensive for what it offers...

You are paying 10 bucks for the game and 40 bucks for the blizzard name on it.

But then it is Blizzard and many will buy into it..

For me personally at my age, the gameplay is just to fast...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Im sure its a good game, but when i come to mmorpg, i am hoping to avoid "PlayStation games" :/
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Lukooone said:
    I am shocked that anyone would remember Global Agenda as a good game. You couldn't just play as you wanted and kill people or whatever, you were forced to play a role for your class.. and the game ended up in the long run simply being stupid control point battles where you just stand back and shoot some circle where people are supposed to be standing.

To me it failed in the same way that GW2 failed.

I hate control points.. durrr go stand here.. duh the guy getting the most kills is just shooting missiles at some circle over and over again while people charge headfirst into it. There were some fun things about it, but the PVP was terrible overall.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    edited May 2016

redrip said:

corvas said:

Its too much of the same, there are lots of games doing the exact same stuff and even with more in it from the start, nothing new and think this gets boring in the long run and will not last.

I think its Blizzards way to make a quick buck and after the hype it will die out

I couldn't disagree with you more Corvas, Overwatch will be one of the most successful games of the year, the degree of fun, strategy and overall replayability will be the reason for it's success. Game is fun as hell and I don't think any other game ie. Paladins or whatever is similar to it will come close to be honest.

The game is just very lackluster. It'll do better because...it's blizzard and has characters with personality, which....does make the game pretty interesting in that regard. But, the game is too much of the same and the matches are farrr too fast. And it's just extremely repetitive and feels bland. In my opinion.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Best fps in years. The price tag is well worth it too. I ve paid a lot more for games that just sit there. Played the OB and now can t wait for release, definitely getting my moneys worth.
    Deltois said:
    Best fps in years. The price tag is well worth it too. I ve paid a lot more for games that just sit there. Played the OB and now can t wait for release, definitely getting my moneys worth.
    Best fps in years how exactly?

Lukooone said:
    I am shocked that anyone would remember Global Agenda as a good game. You couldn't just play as you wanted and kill people or whatever, you were forced to play a role for your class.. and the game ended up in the long run simply being stupid control point battles where you just stand back and shoot some circle where people are supposed to be standing.

To me it failed in the same way that GW2 failed.

I hate control points.. durrr go stand here.. duh the guy getting the most kills is just shooting missiles at some circle over and over again while people charge headfirst into it. There were some fun things about it, but the PVP was terrible overall.
    I still played months ago and have lots of fun, my 4 chars are lvl50, im far from being bored with GA... if you ask me aimbots were the only problem with that game, lack of banhammer with aimbots from developers is what did Global Agenda a fail, kind of rpoblem of all FPSs nowadays...

HERE IS YOUR QUEST!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Lukooone said:
    Raid bosses and missions? Wth? Your in the wrong genre bud.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    JakeSim it s called opinion. I m not the only one who thinks that.
    bcbully said:
    Lukooone said:
    Raid bosses and missions? Wth? Your in the wrong genre bud.
    The game used it as an extra, like double agent missions,so you are not all the day doing PvP, very good idea, you will see the point after playing a couple Overwatch games and feel the need to close that thing...

As I tell you, GA did things far better that Overwatch, some other games too, its just they are not Blizzards...

HERE IS YOUR QUEST!

Deltois said:
    JakeSim it s called opinion. I m not the only one who thinks that.
    And I was asking why you think that.