Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Reveal

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Comments

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Looks pretty fun. I haven't bought a CoD in awhile, but this may be on my shopping list. 
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Not to bring politics into this, but damn I love that name. Usually society prefers to suppress that degree of honesty.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    This looks amazing and I can't wait...

• JasmineJasJasmineJas Member UncommonPosts: 15
    This is what happens when you don't listen to you're fans
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    This looks amazing and I can't wait...
    Are you serious? 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Chances are this will be the biggest failure of the franchise ever, it may even end it. O.o
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Phry said:
    Chances are this will be the biggest failure of the franchise ever, it may even end it. O.o
    Nah fan boys will be fan boys :) well at least dislike on the video  will hit 1 mil tommorrow or so ^_^
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Phry said:
    Nah fan boys will be fan boys :) well at least dislike on the video  will hit 1 mil tommorrow or so ^_^
    When fans of the franchise are disliking the promo's then it doesn't bode too well for the franchise now does it.
    Honestly this game is such a WTF moment that i am wondering if its a joke, still waiting on the punchline though?
  • johndoepjohndoep Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Hopefully not just another reskin
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    At the time of this(my) post, the dislikes-to-likes ratio is >5.50 : 1.
    That's with quite a large sample size too -- about 2 million votes.

Personal opinion:  As someone who hasn't been overly interested in CoD in several entries, I find it interesting.  It looked like it might be a nice change of pace, even if a bit cheesy.
    I don't have a problem with it, but it seems more like a spin-off and they probably wouldn't be getting that kind of flak had they simply named it something else.

When you use a well-known and beloved name, and take the series in an entirely different direction, fans are bound to rage.

At any rate, at least they are doing something different instead of just milking the same basic game for the 27th year in a row.  That's my view.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Wait, fans are raging because it's not just the previous game with a graphics upgrade? /facepalm

Sigh...

See, this is why there's so little innovation in gaming these days. A company is criticized for simply making minor changes to their previous games and throwing them onto the shelves to make a quick buck, leaving the series they belong to in a stagnant state. After they finally take the criticism to heart and try to do something new with said series, the fans throw a hissy fit. 

This looks like the first CoD game I might buy since the first two back in the early 2000's. Not only because it looks good, but because all the usual CoD kiddies will still be too busy throwing temper tantrums to buy the game, making the multiplayer far less toxic, and perhaps even enjoyable. 

And that Battlefield 1 video was awesome. WWI is almost completely overlooked in favor of later conflicts when it comes to game settings. I'm interested to see how they'll make trench warfare engaging to play while maintaining a degree of authenticity. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

And that Battlefield 1 video was awesome. WWI is almost completely overlooked in favor of later conflicts when it comes to game settings. I'm interested to see how they'll make trench warfare engaging to play while maintaining a degree of authenticity. 

Yeah, I've been waiting to see a WW1 game for ages and ages.  There are hardly any of them.  I'm not really sure why.  Despite the concept of boring trench warfare in everyone's minds, WW1 brought about a ton of technological innovations.