Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubisoft's The Division Player-Base Shrinks by 81% Since Launch

Comments

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    SMH

Jeebus...seriously? I don't know anyone playing Destiny right now. Is this what your post is really about?

Destiny is  at #18 on Twitch while The Division is at #25

And lets not forget that Destiny is not even available on PC and  The Division is.  O.o

lol...SO WHAT!?!?!
    hmmm because Steam has more active accounts then both PS4 and Xbox one combined by almost more than double
    So what? As in what friggin difference does it make?

/SMH

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Didn't they have some game breaking bugs that caused stats to go up whenever weapons were switched? I remember something like that happening and causing a bunch of my friends to quit. Then on top of that, they aren't releasing content fast enough for the playerbase and how little there really is to do at level 30 other than the raid and the dark zone. It's the same problem Destiny had on launch, but once destiny released the actual expansion, the entire game pretty much changed, and got better in every way possible. They added time sinks, quests that actually chained into more than just a mission, things to do other than grinding the missions. It's what The Division needs as well, something to change up the end game for the better, but that's up to Ubisoft with whether or not it actually happens.

You're totally right. I think that's really the issue now, is content. It's getting that cadence, while not alienating players who are a little slower. I have friends hopping between The Division and Destiny just because of that reason. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I think being mostly a lobby game while claiming to be an MMO hurt it quite a bit. I would consider PSO on the Dreamcast more of an MMO than The Division.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    SlyLoK said:
    I think being mostly a lobby game while claiming to be an MMO hurt it quite a bit. I would consider PSO on the Dreamcast more of an MMO than The Division.
    I loved PSO on the dreamcast, and PSU on the PC and Xbox --  The Division is much more of an MMO than either of those games.

I have yet to play PSO2 though.   

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    SMH

Jeebus...seriously? I don't know anyone playing Destiny right now. Is this what your post is really about?

And lets not forget that Destiny is not even available on PC and  The Division is.  O.o

lol...SO WHAT!?!?!
    hmmm because Steam has more active accounts then both PS4 and Xbox one combined by almost more than double

/SMH
    ok let me break it out math wise as an example

Sample 1: 
    Population = 1,000,000,000

Sample 2:
    Population = 100,000

Population 2 has more players in game X than population 1.

that metric matters. because the % difference is radical.

Here is another example to show the contrast:

F2P increases your gaming population about something like 7x but as a result it also increases your payment by 150% (or so). implied that the more people have access to something the more likely the user base of that something will increase.

In the case of The Division with the same situation this does not happen.

that is

why

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• NokksonwoodNokksonwood Member UncommonPosts: 91
    edited May 2016
    well, I have enjoyed the game generally speaking. However, the dark zone seems horribly balanced. I am now in the 25-29 bracket, with mostly purples and high hp and a really good smg. Taking that into account, I can still die in 1-2 seconds. You can still be one shot by legit players, so with all that I decided to quit and delete the game.

I do not h8 the game or the company behind it, it's just is not as fun as I had hoped ;)
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Conspiracy theory: Consoles have a war on the pc.  First they got the game devs to do bad ports to pc for extra bonuses, and now they get the devs to design pc games to be more hack-able.  This forces more gamers to use consoles.  OK, I know this isn't true but it does seem this way. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    SMH

lol...SO WHAT!?!?!

/SMH
    ok let me break it out math wise as an example

Sample 1: 
    Population = 1,000,000,000

Sample 2:
    Population = 100,000

Population 2 has more players in game X than population 1.

that metric matters. because the % difference is radical.

Here is another example to show the contrast:

F2P increases your gaming population about something like 7x but as a result it also increases your payment by 150% (or so). implied that the more people have access to something the more likely the user base of that something will increase.

In the case of The Division with the same situation this does not happen.

that is

why

Ok...lemme break it down to you further....

WHO CARES!??!

Play one or the other and STFU! Stop trying to play this BS game on these forums.

Simple!

I just don't understand this thread and/or what it proves.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    SEANMCAD said:
    And here we see the major issue when you try to add persistent online features to what is primarily a single player game.
    The major issue is.. 1) PC hacking

Same thing thats going on with BDO -- when you keep things client side with no real checks in place.. this is what you get.

2) Loot Structure.  -- They've changed this so many times to combat their poor handling of exploits.. it's way more treadmill than it should have been

3) Poor patches -- they just aren't getting the content right.  The Darkzone was a big mess.. then they changed it.. then again.. .then again.    

4) Upper end stats are capped --- this stops people from really putting focus on any other classes than DPS/TANK hybrids.. which is what everyone and their mom runs.

They've been scrambling to balance things...  the game will have a resurgence at the first xpac and hopefully it will be enough to push them through.  It's still a very popular game on consoles,  but I've gone from playing every other day.. to maybe once a week until they fix these issues.
    riggggght and under no circumstances at all does it have anything to do with any of the items posted in this video:

I was wondering why I didnt buy the game now I know, thanks
    Shouldn't you be somewhere else shilling for the Oculus Rift and white-knighting VR in general?

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562

UH oh looks like plenty of people are aware of your pointless plight you put on these forums. but you did give me something to do today.

In summation. The original post was from some random website by some random individual meant to boost up Destiny? why I have no idea. So, we critique the OP and Sean came along like usual and talked about pointless topics and ask people to provide answers he could look up himself. consider this thread pointless after about the 5th reply.

WHO CARES!??!

Play one or the other and STFU! Stop trying to play this BS game on these forums.

Simple!

personally? i could not care less if Destiny is selling more or less than The Division. Neither of those games are interesting to me however I am telling you in detail why the PC factor matters in this equation.

now take your fit elsewhere please

SEANMCAD said:
    And here we see the major issue when you try to add persistent online features to what is primarily a single player game.
    The major issue is.. 1) PC hacking

Same thing thats going on with BDO -- when you keep things client side with no real checks in place.. this is what you get.

2) Loot Structure.  -- They've changed this so many times to combat their poor handling of exploits.. it's way more treadmill than it should have been

3) Poor patches -- they just aren't getting the content right.  The Darkzone was a big mess.. then they changed it.. then again.. .then again.    

4) Upper end stats are capped --- this stops people from really putting focus on any other classes than DPS/TANK hybrids.. which is what everyone and their mom runs.

They've been scrambling to balance things...  the game will have a resurgence at the first xpac and hopefully it will be enough to push them through.  It's still a very popular game on consoles,  but I've gone from playing every other day.. to maybe once a week until they fix these issues.
    riggggght and under no circumstances at all does it have anything to do with any of the items posted in this video:

I was wondering why I didnt buy the game now I know, thanks
    Shouldn't you be somewhere else shilling for the Oculus Rift and white-knighting VR in general?
    as a side note  what is funny about my VR white-knighting is guess how many predictions about the future of VR I have made? almost zero. guess how much critics have made? a f ton. anyway, just a side note, dont harp on it, dont feed 

edited May 2016
    SEANMCAD said:

WHO CARES!??!

Simple!

personally? i could not care less if Destiny is selling more or less than The Division. Neither of those games are interesting to me however I am telling you in detail why the PC factor matters in this equation.

You do care. Is why you won't STFU about it.

*Never mind...don't need a ban over you and your "reason for being here"

SEANMCAD said:

WHO CARES!??!

Simple!

well at least you understand the mathmatical reason as to why those who are doing that comparision that it actually matters.

I think you are confusing the 'what' part

Rhoklaw said:
    SEANMCAD said:

WHO CARES!??!

Simple!

Seems to me every thread you post in, you present a very agitated person taking out some real life frustrations against people that don't deserve it. This is a legitimate discussion, but you come in claiming it isn't in a very toxic manner. If you don't care for the discussion, since you aren't the OP, than guess what, you are the one who needs to leave. These aren't your forums and I frankly am tired of your attitude as that is most certainly not needed on these forums, unlike your mention of this being a pointless thread.
    Another person with so many posts has spoken...so I must give in....

Yer right. Even though I have not seen any reason that this thread needed to be here. It must be so that you and your buddies can keep your post counts up.

BTW...you don't know me bud. Stick to posting paragraphs about stuff you do know...thanks.

Rhoklaw said:
    SEANMCAD said:

WHO CARES!??!

Simple!

Seems to me every thread you post in, you present a very agitated person taking out some real life frustrations against people that don't deserve it. This is a legitimate discussion, but you come in claiming it isn't in a very toxic manner. If you don't care for the discussion, since you aren't the OP, than guess what, you are the one who needs to leave. These aren't your forums and I frankly am tired of your attitude as that is most certainly not needed on these forums, unlike your mention of this being a pointless thread.
    Another person with so many posts has spoken...so I must give in....

Yer right. Even though I have not seen any reason that this thread needed to be here. It must be so that you and your buddies can keep your post counts up.

BTW...you don't know me bud. Stick to posting paragraphs about stuff you do know...thanks.
    give in to what exactly?

I think maybe part of the problem is you are not being clear.

for example when you say 'who cares about that Destiny is not on PC' what you really mean is 'I dont care which game is more popular' not 'I think Destiny not being on the PC is statistically not relevant' which are two RADICALLY different things.

When you say 'I must give in'
    we  have zero clue what your position is on anything let alone ask you to give in on what we dont know

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    But the MMORPG.com article wrote like one or two months ago said this game was better than Destiny. :(

edited May 2016
    Rhoklaw said:

Believe it or not, my average post count is less than 1 post a day. 
    I think he was referring to me.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    totally dint expect tis game die. kappa
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Doh, it is a hackers paradise.  The idiots at Ubisoft put everything on the client where it can be hacked.
  • Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    edited May 2016
    What is killing the game is bugs and exploits and darkzone mechanics , the darkzone system is boring and tedious you have to mow down over 3000 mobs to buy 1 blueprint for every death you loose thousands multiple deaths and that 3000 turns into 5000 mobs.
    Mobs drop too little dark zone credits only thing that could save the game is to fix the bugs and exploits then make a new area that has a battle ground 2 teams of 4 death match, capture the flag and other objectives.
    The darkzone is nothing more than shooting mobs that respawn and kill the occasional rogue boring as hell.
    What is really killing the game is the incursion just getting into it is pain some days i can log off log back on and try to just start the mission even as leader it can take as long as 30 mins of farting around most people would just give up at 4 tries.
    Now i look for a group for daily click on it matchmaking i end up in wrong instance and right in the middle of some other groups mission,been getting worse since patch.

Post edited by Astro6 on
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited May 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    SMH

lol...SO WHAT!?!?!

Steam was available for over twenty years; last year they announced the number of accounts had more than doubled. Maybe it was really badly marketed for all those years or maybe it was the result of the tens of millions of mobile downloads. 

On PC the number of free concurrent PC players on Steam is far below the number of paid PS4 or XB1 accounts.

As for the comparison between Destiny and The Division though: Destiny has been out over 18 months and has grown but initial sales were about the same (a little lower but ballpark same) as The Division. Will The Division match Destiny - time will tell. A lot of the similar type of stuff was said about Destiny though! 

So lol ... so what indeed.
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    edited May 2016
    gervaise1 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    SMH

lol...SO WHAT!?!?!

Steam was available for over twenty years; last year they announced the number of accounts had more than doubled. Maybe it was really badly marketed for all those years or maybe it was the result of the tens of millions of mobile downloads. 

On PC the number of free concurrent PC players on Steam is far below the number of paid PS4 or XB1 accounts.

As for the comparison between Destiny and The Division though: Destiny has been out over 18 months and has grown but initial sales were about the same (a little lower but ballpark same) as The Division. Will The Division match Destiny - time will tell. A lot of the similar type of stuff was said about Destiny though! 

So lol ... so what indeed.
    Wasting you time with these Steam has a trillions zillion users.  Nobody I know uses Steam especially for the Division...it's called Uplay why have another stupid app running.  
  • Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    The bugs seem to be getting worse on the pc today my 4 pcs tact suit ability was not working at all ,same goes for ammo bag was not filling any clips on any weapons,defibrillator not working, revive bag not working either and they wonder why players stopped playing.
    I really like the game but how long will it take to fix the 200 bugs i have found, i have 350 hours invested in the game.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Looking at steam, 58% of reviewers in total liked it, only 24% of reviewers for the last 30 days. Since this thread was created game population has dropped further, its now peaking at 13k instead of 22k.

The hacking is so bad in this game that players using hacks are complaining about people using hacks against them.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.