Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems

2»

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,692
    Dont think they added necro to this game yet.
  • cormachcormach Member UncommonPosts: 85
    I can run this game on my laptop via wifi, with all setting maxed, and have none of the problems you are talking about.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,451
    Old thread! 

There were issues when they were moving to new hardware / a new datacentre (and earlier shifting to 64-bit). Several disruptions to the Christmas festival which resulted in them running the festival for an extra week (from memory) in ...February(?) - Chinese New Year from memory.

It seemed to have all been sorted however - although I haven't been on in a while. 
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member RarePosts: 4,803
    edited May 2016
    Old one indeed, thread necros are on the march :wink:
    gervaise1 said:

It seemed to have all been sorted however - although I haven't been on in a while. 
    More or less sorted, the clusterf.ck of the weeks after the move is gone now, but the performance is far from the promises - Vyv bragged back then about 2 of the new servers could easily take the whole game (1 for all the 15 US servers, and 1 for all Eu), well, currently every server has the load of 3 older servers (on average), and there's stuttering, lag spikes, ocasional rubberbanding, etc.
    I think this year's Weatherstock will be the true test of the new gear...

Without counting the problems before and after the move (and also the Eu server fiasco), compared the current state to the state of a year ago, I guess the results depend on which was your home server. A year ago the crowded servers were quite laggy, on rare cases almost unplayable. All the others were fine. Now it's even :wink:  with the above mentione occasional lag spikes, etc. So,

-if you were on a crowded server, it's better now - true, not even close to what was promised with the transfers.
    -if on a normal server, but wanted larger crowd even if it means leaving your old world behind: now you have a less smoother experience, but at least with a big crowd around.
    -and if you were fine with the previous state, the population, or you wanted a server relocation to Eu, well... you got the short end of the stick. You have now stutters, a big crowd everywhere, and still on US soil :waving:

(edit: btw Anniversary is over, so if you missed to grab the freebie goat, well, maybe next year :lol: )
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Gorwe said:
    So, nothing? A guy has troubles staying connected and nothing? I am just looking for help...
    In your previous post you said you deleted your characters and mention you wont waste your time.  seems like a solid way to stop playing the game and in no way you are asking help..
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Hi Gorwe,I run Time Warner broadband.  It seems there were some issues starting friday up to today.  I had intermittent lag outs as well. Both with LOTRO and Hearthstone.  Just think, was about to win a match that would put me at r10 :-/  It definitely was not the game.  Client side was running smooth with LOTRO.  I believe the timeouts and lagout are not game related.  I would try again.
  • Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I had 3 different isp,s and 3d different connection types, all showcased the same lag and hitching. Have no hitching in BDO,none in AoC, none in STO , none in Entropia Universe.

LotRO games engine is trash.
    Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,590
    Gorwe said:
    So, nothing? A guy has troubles staying connected and nothing? I am just looking for help...
    I would help you but you're too needy..

• cormachcormach Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Doug_B said:
    I had 3 different isp,s and 3d different connection types, all showcased the same lag and hitching. Have no hitching in BDO,none in AoC, none in STO , none in Entropia Universe.

LotRO games engine is trash.
    That's interesting because I routinely play LoTRO while traveling around North America. I use my laptop and the wifi from the hotel. The only problems I have are on the war steed, and it just rubberbands. 

I have no problems with all the different internet providers and speeds that are available from the different hotels I stay at. My laptop doesn't have any AMD parts in it, so maybe that's your problem.

While the game engine is old, I don't think it's trash. Based on my own experience, it's your computer or something else on your end.
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 402
    There may be lag in Pelenor fields and some areas nearby. My ride with warsteed there was a nightmare and I had really heavy lags in city and in land 9some grumpy forest with pigmeys there). Also, there may be lag in Bree during festival fireworks.
    OP could want to adjust graphic settings or connection/PC issues.
  • k61977k61977 Member RarePosts: 1,250
    Gorwe said:
    I really can't play LoTR:O. I REALLY do want to, but it server timeouts SO OFTEN! It's simply unplayable.

Ah fuck my luck! And is such a nice game. Ah well...I quit and deleted my characters. I won't waste my nerves on broken shit.
    I noticed a very huge difference between running the HD version and the normal one.  The HD version seems to have huge lag spikes where the normal version didn't running the same settings.  Could be worth a try to download the normal version if you just clicked the download button you got the HD one.  There is a link below the download button to download the standard client.

To know if you are running the HD just look in your Turbine folder with Lord of the Rings and look to see if you have client_highres_aux.datx.  If you do you are running the HD version.

I have both clients installed and when I experience lag most of the time I can boot up the non-HD one and it gets rid of most of the lag.  At one point they were having issues with the coding of the HD client but not sure if they ever really fixed some of the problems.

Lag doesn't always mean you are having bandwidth issues, it can be graphical also due to settings and leaks.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member RarePosts: 4,803
    edited May 2016
    Update 18.1 went live a couple hours ago  (I'm lazy to create a new thread for it :lol: )

It has mostly fixes and updates, plus a few convenience changes, like in the slayer deed numbers, which is cool for leveling players, and not bad for those either who already finished the grind: just logged in with a few higher level characters and I got almost 200 TPs :wink:

Relic and forge masters in the neighborhoods is a cool idea, alongside with the crafting stations housing areas start to become popular again. Too bad hobbitses were left out from this change for some reason.

Fans of Bingo and the episodic storyline have now the option to replay the better ones from the previous weeks, with a new reflection pool:
    Added a Bingo Reflecting Pool (called 'Bingo's Notes') to the bedside table in Boffin Manor. You'll need access to his home to use it (so Week 04 and after), and it'll let you replay all of the Bingo instances you've previously completed.

Detailed notes: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?622139-Update-18-1-Release-Notes

edit: there's an ongoing daily sale event, current sale is 50% on every mount (lasts maybe 1 hour more), previous ones were a sale on the insta-level thingies, and a quite big sale on the monster classes (they were 195 TP)

edit2: today's sale is 50% on the extra milestone skills.

another edit: there was a MC sale before, and currently it's on character slots.
    Post edited by Po_gg on