Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW Classic server additions discussion

Comments

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I would want balanced classes. I'm not going to play a game where Warriors spamming Sunder Armor are the only tanks in the game, and half of the specs are useless come endgame. I would also like to keep Flex raiding.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    I would want balanced classes. I'm not going to play a game where Warriors spamming Sunder Armor are the only tanks in the game, and half of the specs are useless come endgame. I would also like to keep Flex raiding.
    Flex Raiding is a good idea.

The problem is around Balanced classes is we homogenize the classes to balance them out just like we have now.  Pali, DK, Druid and Warrior tanks all tank exactly the same.  I dont want balancing around these things.  Just like Warlocks and Shadow Priest were great in Raids because Warlocks increased Shadow Damage for everyone and Shadow Priest became the Mana battery.  This made the other Caster classes as not as good of a combo.  I think Balancing can happen but they should not be the same.  For example in TBC Pali tanks were good for AOE tanking\Off Tanking.  Warriors and Druids were great Main Tanks.  Each had their niche you didnt want Warriors AOE tanking because they could not.  

Think Every class should have a Strength and Weakness.  If a Rogue catches a Mage by the blind side the Mage Dies, But if a Mage gets a Rogue out in the field the Rogue is toast.  
    danwest58 said:

The problem is around Balanced classes is we homogenize the classes to balance them out just like we have now.  Pali, DK, Druid and Warrior tanks all tank exactly the same.  I dont want balancing around these things.  Just like Warlocks and Shadow Priest were great in Raids because Warlocks increased Shadow Damage for everyone and Shadow Priest became the Mana battery.  This made the other Caster classes as not as good of a combo.  I think Balancing can happen but they should not be the same.  For example in TBC Pali tanks were good for AOE tanking\Off Tanking.  Warriors and Druids were great Main Tanks.  Each had their niche you didnt want Warriors AOE tanking because they could not.  

Think Every class should have a Strength and Weakness.  If a Rogue catches a Mage by the blind side the Mage Dies, But if a Mage gets a Rogue out in the field the Rogue is toast.  
    What's wrong with all specs being capable of their given role? There were a lot of specs that were absolute garbage in Vanilla, and by garbage I mean completely unplayable at endgame. 

You don't have to give up unique niches for classes to balance them. Blizzard did, but they wouldn't have to a second time. 
    danwest58 said:

What's wrong with all specs being capable of their given role? There were a lot of specs that were absolute garbage in Vanilla, and by garbage I mean completely unplayable at endgame. 

You don't have to give up unique niches for classes to balance them. Blizzard did, but they wouldn't have to a second time. 
    @simsalabim77 ;

Yes there were some specs that didnt work at all in vanilla.  For example Ret Palis were garbage in raiding.  

My Problem with class Balancing is having Ret Palis play exactly like Rogues play.  Now being useful for the given spec I dont have a problem with.  For example If you take Ret Pali, Ench Shaman and Rogue.  They should all be playable in raids, however Pali and Shaman should have lower DPS vs a Rogue BUT the Pali and Shaman have buffs that increase damage, healing and reduce damage that makes up for a 5% to 15% lost DPS.  Pali and Shaman would still be playable and wanted because of their buffs, but Rogues just have higher DPS output because they do not add buffs to players.

The idea is classes have strengthens and weaknesses.  I will always go back to Pali tanks better at AOE tanking and Warriors better at Single Target tanking.  Both are able to tank at end game but they each have their niche.   
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Well they need to add Panda's or it just won't be WOW.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    filmoret said:
    Well they need to add Panda's or it just won't be WOW.
    Honestly the Panda race didnt upset me in MOP.  Its the fact that instances were useless after you ran them once and the dailies Oh the endless dailies.  
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Vanilla should be left as vanilla, with all its quirks and class restrictions. That doesn't mean there can't be some quality of life improvements from more recent clients, ones that have absolutely no effect on gameplay, e.g. bag sorting. But definitely nothing like looking for group, and obviously, OBVIOUSLY, not flying mounts.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    NasherUK said:
    WOW is doomed, it's only a matter of time now. Theres free to play MMOs which are so much better than the current wow offering.
    Please name one MMO which is so much better then the current WoW! Just one, ok ?

Other then that, carry on boyz :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

IceAge said:
    NasherUK said:
    WOW is doomed, it's only a matter of time now. Theres free to play MMOs which are so much better than the current wow offering.
    Please name one MMO which is so much better then the current WoW! Just one, ok ?

Rift, Tera, SWTOR, GW2, ESO, FF14, BDO...  Thats just off the top of my head.  
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I think the point of having a Vanilla server is for those players wanting to play the game with its imbalances and weak points - not the homogenized classes implemented in later expansions.

Part of the fun in Vanilla was overcoming the restrictions of certain playstyles. If we take that out we cancel the whole meaning of a Vanilla version of the game.

That being said, and as was mentioned in posts above, a Vanilla server shouldn't be left with all the technical/convenience shortfalls of the past. Things like better UI (TBC was just fine) and other convenience stuff would be welcome without altering the core Vanilla gameplay.
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited May 2016
    Enjoy the summer.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Dual Spec

That's one thing for me, would be hard to live without.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Athisar said:
    Vanilla should be left as vanilla, with all its quirks and class restrictions. That doesn't mean there can't be some quality of life improvements from more recent clients, ones that have absolutely no effect on gameplay, e.g. bag sorting. But definitely nothing like looking for group, and obviously, OBVIOUSLY, not flying mounts.

What about stuff like the In Game Calendar or being able to message the guild from your phone?  

The one in game thing I really want is to extend lockouts for instances.  If I was to run a 20 man raiding guild I want to not have to raid 3+ days a week.  Lockouts would be a god send to me.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    I love you people.  We want classic vanilla servers now.  They would be great.  Millions of people would play it.  Oh, btw, can you make these changes because you know the game would suck without them.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Galadourn said:
    I think the point of having a Vanilla server is for those players wanting to play the game with its imbalances and weak points - not the homogenized classes implemented in later expansions.

Part of the fun in Vanilla was overcoming the restrictions of certain playstyles. If we take that out we cancel the whole meaning of a Vanilla version of the game.

That being said, and as was mentioned in posts above, a Vanilla server shouldn't be left with all the technical/convenience shortfalls of the past. Things like better UI (TBC was just fine) and other convenience stuff would be welcome without altering the core Vanilla gameplay.
    Yea I think small convenience things like an In Game Calendar.  I remember 1 MC raid where we had to wait 30 minutes for an invite because my tool's guy couldnt import the PHP website calendar data into the WOW plugin to invite everyone.  The reason why we had to wait was because the DKP tool relied on the calendar Important tool.  So we had 40 people standing around for 30 dam minutes.  It caused a major headache that night.  
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    edited May 2016
    filmoret said:
    IceAge said:
    NasherUK said:

None of those are better than WoW. You're joking if you think they are. People say WoW is easy(even though those same people probably never even stepped foot in a Mythic dungeon let alone mythic raid), but if they think WoW is easy, there isn't a word to describe how easy Rift is.

Same for Tera. Before Tera went f2p, BAMs weren't hard, but they were challenging. That shit got nerfed into the ground along with pretty much every end game content when it went f2p. SWTOR has the shittiest f2p model in existence. The only good things going for it are the story and voiceovers, that's it.

GW2/ESO...lol. FF14 has absolute garbage pvp with a serious issue with win-trading, the pve is also magnitudes simpler/easier than WoW's, and having all the major perks of the game tied to the story line is so frustrating as well.

As for BDO, again lol.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

waynejr2 said:
    I love you people.  We want classic vanilla servers now.  They would be great.  Millions of people would play it.  Oh, btw, can you make these changes because you know the game would suck without them.
    You can complain all you want.  For me is all about the content and the social aspect.  Nothing I suggested or what my friends and I have talked about touches content or the social aspect.  They are to help manage the content.   We dont want to go back to needing to spend hours a week on a website and managing large raids through dozens of addons when we can add in the In Game Calendar, and I can click and press invite.  The Only management then for me would be the EPGP point system.  
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Sephiroso said:
    filmoret said:
    IceAge said:
    NasherUK said:

None of those are better than WoW. You're joking if you think they are.
    Arguing which excrement smells the sweetest... How charming.
    Sephiroso said:
    filmoret said:
    IceAge said:
    NasherUK said:

None of those are better than WoW. You're joking if you think they are. People say WoW is easy(even though those same people probably never even stepped foot in a Mythic dungeon let alone mythic raid), but if they think WoW is easy, there isn't a word to describe how easy Rift is.

Same for Tera. Before Tera went f2p, BAMs weren't hard, but they were challenging. That shit got nerfed into the ground along with pretty much every end game content when it went f2p. SWTOR has the shittiest f2p model in existence. The only good things going for it are the story and voiceovers, that's it.

GW2/ESO...lol. FF14 has absolute garbage pvp with a serious issue with win-trading, the pve is also magnitudes simpler/easier than WoW's, and having all the major perks of the game tied to the story line is so frustrating as well.

As for BDO, again lol.
    You really want to do this?  Walking around in WOW's open world looking at mobs just stand there mindlessly waiting for someone to attack them.  No world events or boss fights outside of dungeons.  Then you enter a dungeon and you got the healer rolling on the tanks loot.  This is after you have paid for every expansion and continue to pay 15$ a month.  You suffer through the worse pvp imaginable untill max level.  So yea I admit that WOW isn't garbage but it is not worthy of any praise when compared to the counterparts that are available.  Rift took everything WOW had to offer and made it better.  Tera gave us combat that wasn't stupid tab target run around the pole in circles garbage.  SWTOR gave us stories that people actually paid attention to.  You mentioned the f2p model yet you said nothing about WOW's crappy sub fee that shouldn't even exist.  Time to get your head out of the sand and actually play some real games like the big boys do.
    edited May 2016
    filmoret said:
    Sephiroso said:
    filmoret said:
    IceAge said:
    NasherUK said:

As for BDO, again lol.
    You really want to do this?  Walking around in WOW's open world looking at mobs just stand there mindlessly waiting for someone to attack them.  No world events or boss fights outside of dungeons.  Then you enter a dungeon and you got the healer rolling on the tanks loot.  This is after you have paid for every expansion and continue to pay 15$ a month.  You suffer through the worse pvp imaginable untill max level.  So yea I admit that WOW isn't garbage but it is not worthy of any praise when compared to the counterparts that are available.  Rift took everything WOW had to offer and made it better.  Tera gave us combat that wasn't stupid tab target run around the pole in circles garbage.  SWTOR gave us stories that people actually paid attention to.  You mentioned the f2p model yet you said nothing about WOW's crappy sub fee that shouldn't even exist.  Time to get your head out of the sand and actually play some real games like the big boys do.
    In all those games you listed, mobs stand around awiting for you to attack them too. GW2 is the only one that has " mob events" but they're just zerg fests and they're limited and after you see them once or twice you quickly realize its no better than any other mmo's mobs. Also, no boss fights outside of dungeons or world events? What's Children's Week? What's Darkmoon Faire? What's STV Fishing Tournament? What's Kazzak? What's Ruhkmar? Yea okay.

Healer rolling on tank loot? This happens like 1% of the time, and there's an easy way to avoid this with personal loot. It's a subscription mmo, we don't have to go to the cash shop for shit that should be in the base game like so much of the bs in SWTOR and Rift and ESO. You get access to 100% of the games content for 15/month, its cheaper to play a sub mmo than it is an f2p one if you want access to all the content and perks.

Glad you admit that WoW isn't garbage, but the faults you claim against WoW i've just proven to be absolute shit. Rift took everything WoW had to offer and made it better? So tell me again why Rift doesn't have millions of players and was forced to go f2p to avoid shutting down again? Tera gave us different combat, but not better combat. And again, tell me why that game was forced to go f2p to avoid shutting down again for how great it was?

SWTOR story was good, but tell me again for as good as the story was(only real good point to the game) why was it forced to go f2p to avoid shutting down again? Because all those individual games had ONE great aspect of the game, but the rest of the games aspects were shit-tier. THAT is why they were all forced to go f2p to stay afloat and couldn't survive. The only game on that list that managed to survive and grow a little bit was FFXIV. And it certainly is not "better" than WoW. Not in the slightest. And I say this as someone who got world/server first kills in FFXIV.

Time to get YOUR head out of your ass and actually face reality.

Sephiroso said:
    filmoret said:
    Sephiroso said:
    filmoret said:
    IceAge said:
    NasherUK said:

As for BDO, again lol.
    In all those games you listed, mobs stand around awiting for you to attack them too. GW2 is the only one that has " mob events" but they're just zerg fests and they're limited and after you see them once or twice you quickly realize its no better than any other mmo's mobs. Also, no boss fights outside of dungeons or world events? What's Children's Week? What's Darkmoon Faire? What's STV Fishing Tournament? What's Kazzak? What's Ruhkmar? Yea okay.

Healer rolling on tank loot? This happens like 1% of the time, and there's an easy way to avoid this with personal loot. It's a subscription mmo, we don't have to go to the cash shop for shit that should be in the base game like so much of the bs in SWTOR and Rift and ESO. You get access to 100% of the games content for 15/month, its cheaper to play a sub mmo than it is an f2p one if you want access to all the content and perks.

Glad you admit that WoW isn't garbage, but the faults you claim against WoW i've just proven to be absolute shit. Rift took everything WoW had to offer and made it better? So tell me again why Rift doesn't have millions of players and was forced to go f2p to avoid shutting down again? Tera gave us different combat, but not better combat. And again, tell me why that game was forced to go f2p to avoid shutting down again for how great it was?

SWTOR story was good, but tell me again for as good as the story was(only real good point to the game) why was it forced to go f2p to avoid shutting down again? Because all those individual games had ONE great aspect of the game, but the rest of the games aspects were shit-tier. THAT is why they were all forced to go f2p to stay afloat and couldn't survive. The only game on that list that managed to survive and grow a little bit was FFXIV. And it certainly is not "better" than WoW. Not in the slightest. And I say this as someone who got world/server first kills in FFXIV.

Its good you enjoy WOW but to act like its the greatest thing ever created is well.....  Thanks for trollin and making me laugh.
    filmoret said:
    Sephiroso said:
    filmoret said:
    Sephiroso said:
    filmoret said:
    IceAge said:
    NasherUK said:

As for BDO, again lol.

Its good you enjoy WOW but to act like its the greatest thing ever created is well.....  Thanks for trollin and making me laugh.

You're the one that came into a thread for people to discuss changes they'd like to see in a Vanilla server, and proceed to tell us WoW is doomed and it's bad. The person who is doing the trolling is you. 
    filmoret said:
    Sephiroso said:
    filmoret said:
    Sephiroso said:
    filmoret said:
    IceAge said:
    NasherUK said:

As for BDO, again lol.

Thanks for recognizing your arguments held 0 weight and backed out of the discussion. Byebye.

filmoret said:
    Sephiroso said:
    filmoret said:
    Sephiroso said:
    filmoret said:
    IceAge said:
    NasherUK said:

As for BDO, again lol.

You're the one that came into a thread for people to discuss changes they'd like to see in a Vanilla server, and proceed to tell us WoW is doomed and it's bad. The person who is doing the trolling is you. 
    You should scroll up and read before playing the victim.  Oh no this guy came into our thread and said a bunch of stuff.  Oh wait no he didn't I'm assuming it.  
  • TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
     I would pay for WoW vanilla, I did like x-server PvP as it kept queue times down BUT it is not that big of a deal.

WoW vanilla was the BEST MMORPG I ever played with Star Wars Galaxies:Combat Upgrade as a close second and WoW Burning Crusade would be third.