Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Online Open World Faction PvP Information

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
This info is from http://steparu.com/

If you're the type that takes ganks seriously or random deaths, then you might need a new game. Getting gank isn't so bad if it's a player within your level, but do expect some max level player ganks here and there. I don't think there is any death penalty, but you're given an option to revive at the nearest resurrection point with a weakened state debuff or choose to run back to your rotting body for no weakened debuff.

Random Open World PvP Info
-Always Flagged for Faction PvP
-Can only PK enemy Faction
-No safe zones
-Level 30+ Quests Shared with Enemy Faction
-Certain towns have guards that aggro players in combat..?
-Players above 10 levels will show as "??" in their names.
-You get EXP for killing players!
-Channel System to Run Away or Hunt Players
-You can ninja PK AFK players!
-Can PK/PvP Right Outside Dungeon Entrances
-1v1 PvP over 6 Levels miss a lot of attacks.
-There is an Item that will make you immune to PK for 10minutes.
-Group Questing is more Common Level 30+

100vs100 Battlegrounds Info
-Only twice a day (Enforces Open World PvP?)
-Your Level will Scale to 45 (Previous CBT)
-Starts at 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM KST
-Extremely hard to get in populated servers.
-You can reserve/ninja queue at 6:50PM and 9:50pm

Other PvP/GvG (Stuff I'm Working Towards)
-Join a nice GvG guild.
-There is a castle and map/region control system.
-Queue faster to get in the 100vs100 battlegrounds.
-Do Castle Sieges
-Get Max Level :v

Laviota[Deleted User]

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2016
    With open world pvp i doubt Aeria Games will keep it clean. All their pvp mmos are pay to win. If pvp was segregated to battlegrounds only then at leasst PVEers would have a better time. Not happening.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited April 2016

Bless Online Instanced Dungeon Party Gameplay

edited April 2016

Bless looks like the type of PVP game that I have been waiting for. 
    Post edited by Mikeha on
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I love open world pvp this is right up my alley...

edited April 2016
    With open world pvp i doubt Aeria Games will keep it clean. All their pvp mmos are pay to win. If pvp was segregated to battlegrounds only then at leasst PVEers would have a better time. Not happening.

I have no problem with Aeria Games. The only game I ever played from them was Echo Of Soul and the whole time they where helpful in game holding events, helping players and I did not see pay to win.  I had a blast playing that game. 

At this point I only care about the game and want to learn more about it.  We all know now that it is coming from Aeria so if that is a problem for somebody then the only choice is not to play.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    It's gonna be more P2W than any other game in recorded history, I can tell you that.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited April 2016

Well, so much for Bless as an option for me to play.  This mode of game play in an MMORPG is pure trash. How this type of game play can appeal to anyone in an MMORPG is mind boggling.  

Standing idle reading a quest for an NPC = gank!
    Fighting PvE mobs and at 10% HP = gank!  
    Minding your business peacefully crafting = gank!
    Searching the AH for wares to buy and/or sell = gank!
    Etc., etc., etc., gank!, gank!, gank!, gank! ...

Nothing but pure garbage.  
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I could go with the strictly faction-based PVP, but sadly...

Aeria Games...

Pass !
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Well, so much for Bless as an option for me to play.  This mode of game play in an MMORPG is pure trash. How this type of game play can appeal to anyone in an MMORPG is mind boggling.  

Standing idle reading a quest for an NPC = gank!
    Fighting PvE mobs and at 10% HP = gank!  
    Minding your business peacefully crafting = gank!
    Searching the AH for wares to buy and/or sell = gank!
    Etc., etc., etc., gank!, gank!, gank!, gank! ...

Nothing but pure garbage.  
    That's because we don't take it to heart.

This is not a knock in you,. I completely understand it's not your thing. But when I get ganked I have 3 choices:

fight back
    come back with friends
    hit "to town" and go somewhere else.

It doesn't bother me as I know that it's only a game and nothign that happens in game has any effect on "me" or my real life.

So to answer your question, the appeal is the open world pvp and the downsides are "dealable".
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Welp, there goes that. 
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    How many factions. I like faction pvp, at least soloers have others to help out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    This is no different than playing on any two faction pvp server.  How often do you get ganked while leveling in Wow?  Sure you have the occasional idiot looking to attack anything that moves, but most people view it as a waste of time.  The end goal is to hit level cap and getting stuck constantly pvping for virtually no reward is pointless.

Bless seems to be focused on instanced content (bgs, arenas, dungeons, etc) which is more likely to turn off the players in this community than getting ganked a couple times while leveling.  I prefer that type of content, but it does generally kill the open world aspects of Mmos.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I enjoy faction OWPvP. I'm definitely interested.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    lol, he says the combat terrible. Can't judge till I play but pretty sure based on what I've seen of it I'll hate it as well.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Same engine as Tera. Oh boy... where do i start. Tera is an awesome game with; no 64 bit client, terrible optimization, no multicore support. Well one can hope.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Now exp from killing players is a nice touch. Form a group and go kill people. There's your 'intuitive' npc AI lol.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Sovrath said:
    That's because we don't take it to heart.

This is not a knock in you,. I completely understand it's not your thing. But when I get ganked I have 3 choices:

fight back
    come back with friends
    hit "to town" and go somewhere else.
    It doesn't bother me as I know that it's only a game and nothign that happens in game has any effect on "me" or my real life.

So to answer your question, the appeal is the open world pvp and the downsides are "dealable".
    It's not that, you are missing the point.

Most people are not scared of PvP, they just don't like it when it becomes annoying.
    Like the person you quoted just said, being ganked while trying to do other activities often trivial (browsing AH, reading a quest, crafting, killing mobs and so on) it is just irritating.
    It is not that people cannot deal with death, it is just the fact that they get interrupted while they are focusing in something else.

It's like when you try to concentrate on an important Test and your classmates keep poking you with a pencil.
    Dealing with your persistent classmate distracts from what you are doing, and between trying to write something meaningful and punching your persistent classmate on the arm to make him stop, in the end you won't get anything accomplished.
    That's what you are dealing with.

There should be a time for PvP and a time when you can dedicate yourself to other activities, it's about balancing PvP with PvE and Crafting.
    Only EvE can pull this right, any other Open World PvP game doesn't really get this basic concept, no wonder they shut within 3 months.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    If MMORPGs want open PvP then why dont they just do guild wars or allow players to join order v chaos if they wanted? It should have been made clear by now that open PvP in an MMORPG isnt the best thing to do.
  • ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597
    TheAmir said:
    Boy, am I getting sick of the open PVP MMO trend. Whatever happened to trying to develop decent NPC AI and having some solid PVE content rather than constantly catering to the gank kids?

Strike this one off my list, too, along with a dozen others in the past two years.
    It's economics. PvP is much cheaper than PvE. If you can get your players to spend hours chasing each other around the world, you don't need as much manpower to develop PvE content. Players stay busy, production is cheaper.
    Jemcrystal
  • 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    When are you people gonna accept that you are overly vocal minority, ???

Masses want dirty open world PvP, and devs cater to the demographic.

So lower your expectations and standards and go find an mediocre indie pve only mmo, and give up on big releases already, ...
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited May 2016
    Biggest problem this will have is no safe zones, when you die and res back to town it should be a safe spot.

I haven't played an aeriagame in a long time but if it's anything like back in 2006-2009 it's going to be major p2w like rojoArcueid said.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• rifuxbloomsrifuxblooms Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Woah, Wanna play this game too... at least  it has the gw2 combat but not the open world pvp

• VeerdinVeerdin Member UncommonPosts: 33
    This news is incredibly disappointing... I absolutely hate forced PVP games.

I don't suppose there's any word on a PVE server? Or were all the people who suggested one immediately devoured by the ravenous hordes?
    Jemcrystal
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Recore said:
    This info is from http://steparu.com/

If you're the type that takes ganks seriously or random deaths, then you might need a new game. Getting gank isn't so bad if it's a player within your level, but do expect some max level player ganks here and there. I don't think there is any death penalty, but you're given an option to revive at the nearest resurrection point with a weakened state debuff or choose to run back to your rotting body for no weakened debuff.

Random Open World PvP Info
    -Always Flagged for Faction PvP
    -Can only PK enemy Faction
    -No safe zones
    -Level 30+ Quests Shared with Enemy Faction
    -Certain towns have guards that aggro players in combat..?
    -Players above 10 levels will show as "??" in their names.
    -You get EXP for killing players!
    -Channel System to Run Away or Hunt Players
    -You can ninja PK AFK players!
    -Can PK/PvP Right Outside Dungeon Entrances
    -1v1 PvP over 6 Levels miss a lot of attacks.
    -There is an Item that will make you immune to PK for 10minutes.
    -Group Questing is more Common Level 30+

100vs100 Battlegrounds Info
    -Only twice a day (Enforces Open World PvP?)
    -Your Level will Scale to 45 (Previous CBT)
    -Starts at 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM KST
    -Extremely hard to get in populated servers.
    -You can reserve/ninja queue at 6:50PM and 9:50pm

Other PvP/GvG (Stuff I'm Working Towards)
    -Join a nice GvG guild.
    -There is a castle and map/region control system.
    -Queue faster to get in the 100vs100 battlegrounds.
    -Do Castle Sieges
    -Get Max Level :v

I was stoked for this...but are you saying I can't kill my own faction members if there is someone I don't like?  Can my guild war their guild if they are the same faction and we don't like each other?

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"