Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Castle Upgrades Incoming with Ascension Update

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageCastle Upgrades Incoming with Ascension Update

ArcheAge: Ascension will be arriving soon and with it comes a slew of castle upgrades. Guilds will be able to construct new buildings around the Archeum Lodestone that can even unlock elite quests. Construction of new buildings will require a special currency that comes in three types: Territokens, Lord's Pence and Lord's Coin.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    "Suppose They Gave An Upgrade To AA And Nobody Cared"

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Trion totally stole money from me. I cancelled my AA subscription a year ago and they left it running. I KNOW I cancelled it, I did so with a vengeance. Shouldn't have to check my bank statement for it, but I guess I am partly to blame. Snakes only refunded me one month even though they could see I hadn't logged in for three or four.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • chocolate-mousechocolate-mouse Member UncommonPosts: 73
    edited May 2016
    1. JDis25 said:
    Trion totally stole money from me. I cancelled my AA subscription a year ago and they left it running. I KNOW I cancelled it, I did so with a vengeance. Shouldn't have to check my bank statement for it, but I guess I am partly to blame. Snakes only refunded me one month even though they could see I hadn't logged in for three or four.
    Did you remove your payment info when you cancelled? Always, Always, remove your credit card/payment details when canceling a game. I learned that one the hard way when I got billed by a company after I cancelled a service.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

DMKano said:

Anything that gives castles more purpose is a good thing - this should have been how castles were done since Auroria launch.

I agree that should have been done way sooner.
    Like fixing the Cash Shop and all its exploits that ruined the Economy.
    It's a shame this game is good, but now I would only play it on a new Server and only with Subscription and no Cash Shop.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

ste2000 said:

DMKano said:

Anything that gives castles more purpose is a good thing - this should have been how castles were done since Auroria launch.

It's a shame this game is good, but now I would only play it on a new Server and only with Subscription and no Cash Shop.

Never gonna happen. It failed as pure subscription game in japan, they will not try it on any other region. As a pure subscription game you would want constant content update, as pvp player you would want more ways to pvp, as pve player you would want way more dungeons to do and even would ask for instance raids where you would not have to contest boss with others. AA is completely dependent on player's choice to do or not to do and with update developers just give tools to toy with, not means, so if players decide "we are not going to participate in open world content anymore" the game becomes dead, it is happening in several server now, they have become farmville server.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Looks really great, looking forward to .
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited May 2016

ste2000 said:

Never gonna happen. It failed as pure subscription game in japan, they will not try it on any other region. As a pure subscription game you would want constant content update, as pvp player you would want more ways to pvp, as pve player you would want way more dungeons to do and even would ask for instance raids where you would not have to contest boss with others. AA is completely dependent on player's choice to do or not to do and with update developers just give tools to toy with, not means, so if players decide "we are not going to participate in open world content anymore" the game becomes dead, it is happening in several server now, they have become farmville server.

I see AA more as a PvP Sandbox (I know that technically isn't) so for me content is not a problem.
    With this new update, Group PvP makes lot more sense, that's how Open World PvP should work.

Of course I don't see Trion ditching the Cash Shop, so I don't see myself playing AA any time soon.
    Luckily I am happily playing BDO, far from perfect but really enjoyable.
    Its Cash Shop is not as invasive as AA and I am even spending money on it to reward Daum of the good job they did for not making a P2W game like AA.

• titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Fantabulous game, awful labour mechanic...
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited May 2016

ste2000 said:

DMKano said:

I would Agree they should open a sub only server but how long that that become a problem on to it self. Like we don't know a sub only server will do well if it does good for Trion and the people who play it. Then if becomes really bad little amount people playing it then Trion will still get blamed not spending even more money on ads to gain people.
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    More people did not know to earn gold and pay sub without pay for real money. If you start this game trino give you more worker compensation just to login daily. But you need to be smart to spend your labor. One's you have sub. you can get free loyalty coins. Sell your loyalty for your sub. And you have EU and NA america free labor and loyalty. So you can really pay your sub. without pay for real money.
    ste2000 said:

ste2000 said:

I see AA more as a PvP Sandbox (I know that technically isn't) so for me content is not a problem.
    With this new update, Group PvP makes lot more sense, that's how Open World PvP should work.

Of course I don't see Trion ditching the Cash Shop, so I don't see myself playing AA any time soon.
    Luckily I am happily playing BDO, far from perfect but really enjoyable.
    Its Cash Shop is not as invasive as AA and I am even spending money on it to reward Daum of the good job they did for not making a P2W game like AA.
    So you go from a pseudo sandbox game to a communism simulator and you are enjoying it? Hmmmm...well whatever floats your boat..

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Fantabulous game, awful labour mechanic...
    Labor system is the thing that makes every crafting mat, every crafted item, every action toward economy as valuable and important as it is. Without labor system it would become like WoW or any other themepark. Just how much gold do you think people would make by opening coinpurses again and again and again if there were no labor? people would be sitting on millions of golds and items would cost less than nothing since without labor system anyone can just afk farm or mine for eternity.   

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    People are sitting on millions from radar and texture hacking and items still cost an arm and leg if you do things the honest way. But I do appreciate the labor system.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well seems some are saying the labor system is nothing more than fixing a BAD game design?
    The labour system is nothing more than the rest of the bad design >>>>afk gaming.Last time i looked ,i actually had to do things manually in a game to achieve anything and that is the way it SHOULD be.
    You do not remove player>player interaction because you made a bad design or cannot police your own game,basically making two mistakes to try and create one improvement.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

shalissar said:
    People are sitting on millions from radar and texture hacking and items still cost an arm and leg if you do things the honest way. But I do appreciate the labor system.
    You don't need hacks to make millions, you can make millions legitimately by having multiple accounts and holding shit load of lands. And also the reason why items like delphinad gears cost a liver or a lung is because of the people who hold multiple accounts, some people have as much as 20 accounts; not gonna say any names but one such guy is holding almost all lands on one faction in a server, i am not using any names because just saying the server name or faction name would identify the person. So basically people like them exist, who wants to have everything within 6 months of game release and willing to go as far as it takes to get what they want.

If everyone played AA with just one account, then having a single piece of delphinad gear at celestial would take 3-4 months, forget about how long it would take to upgrade all profession to 180K proficiency.