Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

D3 account banned, guess what I found....

2»

Comments

• davey360davey360 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Same thing happened when I used to play WoW. When I got my account back I had one month of extra game time.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    how come people are so lucky? all i was welcomed with when i had been hacked was an account full of naked chars with no gold :(

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Cuias said:

So a funny little story about Diablo 3 I thought I'd share with you.

I purchased Diablo 3 on release and played it some in the first weeks, ultimately leaving the game in the beginning of Act IV and never returned. At that time I was about level 20 or 30 I think, no special gear and no money since I had spent them all on upgrading for future crafting (dunno why, I was and am a noob!)

Today I decided that I wanted to give it another go since I have some friends who still play it, and I thought that I might find it fun to play with them. Only problem is that they're max level and do end-game stuff. But when I logged into my Battle.net account, I found that my D3 account was banned. I thought it quite weird but did recall that I may have received some mails in the past about it being banned, which I ignored because "i was never gonna play that game again".

Anyway, I wrote to the support and after some hours I received a kind (and very standard) response that the account had been hacked but was unbanned for me. I may or may not have changed the password at some time since I played D3, but I don't recall ever having lost control with the account, thus the password was never changed by the hackers. In the mail I received from Blizzard I was provided a link that I could use to rollback my characters. I was about to do it when I decided to make sure that I was actually missing anything and that I wasn't rolling back unneccessary.

So I logged into the game, and guess what I found! My main character that I had played to Act IV was now level 60 (paragon level 61, which from what I can read takes some time to reach). The character had four legendaries and a lot of other rare stuff and about 19.500.000 gold!!

I didn't take me long to conclude that my account had been used for gold farming and I rejoice at the thought of some damn gold sellers having actually given me a free power level and lots of gold. I hope they lost of lot of work when the account was banned. I would never reach such level by myself but now that they have given me the opportunity to jump in and join my friends, I will certainly do it!

See you all in-game :)

happened to me on gw2. quit for about 7 months came back to a banned account. spoke to support they unbanned my account i changed the email and pass loged on and had a lvl 80 with over 4k gold.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    The friend that you forgot you gave your account to is going to be pissed that you're messin with his stuff.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    thunderC said:
    If this story is real, I love it!!!
    It could be true.

I had my GW2 account hacked, I quit a ranger on that account at lvl 30ish...logged back in after 1.5-2 months (after release), banned.

Contacted the customer service, IP's were different, account security reset and unbanned.

Plus I had a brand new maxed ranger with all kinds of goodies.

Downside: I never played that ranger again since I felt it wasn't mine anymore. :)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    edited May 2016
    bleh, double post.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    I had the same thing happen to me during WoW Cataclysm, my account was hacked but i wasn't playing at the time and didn't pay much attention to it.  

When i finally came back support got me my account back without a problem, and low and behold, my hunters inventory was full of Primals and 60k gold.  

I even submit a ticket explaining this to a GM, to make sure i wouldn't be banned for that, and they told me i could keep it all... I love blizzard support, I've never had a bad experience with them, they're always polite, helpful and often tell jokes.  

WoW might not be the greatest anymore in my eyes, but blizzard support man, I've never experienced better support anywhere.
  • corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Kothoses said:
    Kagnesti said:

Blizzard has garbage account protection. 

This right here is why gold farmers in all mmos continue to be able to get hold of peoples accounts.

The security of your account credentials outside of their servers is your responsibility, if some one gets into your account, it means you were slack at some point.

The only time its the mmo companies fault is if their databases get compromised, and despite what tin foil hat people tell you, that is NOT common.

The common problem is people using the same damm password, or using crappy web based emails that DONT support 2 factor authentication along with not using the 2 factor authentication the game service comes with.

If game developers make better protections instead of putting multiple layers in the game, we wont have this problem ... whats next a 4th or 5th factor authentictation, so you need to verify 5 times thats its really me???

(dont get me wrong i also use the 2 factor auth.)
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Kagnesti said:

Blizzard has garbage account protection. 2 of the 5 friends I know that played WoW were hacked and couldn't get their accounts reactivated. my account was also hacked after I stopped playing 2 weeks after I bought it.. canceled sub and few months later I get email account was hacked.

Seems that hackers use the account info they steal and go after "abandoned" accounts for their gold farming so they don't have to buy a new game code when banned.

A lot of the fault is the players who have their computers filled with crap.I know a few people who got their accounts in different games hacked multiple timesand in different games, those same guys have had a lot of problems in different games.

That is just a couple of guys, most people I know have never been hacked. Keep your computer safe, you can never be 100% safe but if you been hacked more then once you need to make your computer safer.

The companies can make things safer as well, but usually can you avoid getting hacked by keeping your computer safe.
This discussion has been closed.