Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Siege Perilous Destruction - Crowfall

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageSiege Perilous Destruction - Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment has released a new trailer to show off the mechanics featured in the most recent Crowfall pre-alpha build called Siege Perilous. The trailer reveals siege mechanics and destruction of structures. See what you think!

Read the full story here

Comments

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    edited May 2016
    They said in a developer interview that this game was inspired by Game of Thrones. But this game looks nothing like that. In fact, it looks like a children's game. Maybe it's just that it is under pre-alpha and that's all there is to it, but even then it should give an idea on what to expect and this stuff looks...well, bad!
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    looks indeed shit..lol

way to childish..

Cu will crush this game easily
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    edited May 2016
    winghaven1 said:
    They said in a developer interview that this game was inspired by Game of Thrones. But this game looks nothing like that. In fact, it looks like a children's game. Maybe it's just that it is under pre-alpha and that's all there is to it, but even then it should give an idea on what to expect and this stuff looks...well, bad!

The gameplay is inspired by it: politics, kingdoms, fealty trees, struggle for power, conflicts between factions, treachery, guilds, spies, wars, medieval fantasy setting, mounts, etc.

The art style however has always been said to be stylized / cartoonish compared to more  realistic medieval RPG games.
  • Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    This looks and sounds awful... Whats with all these cartoon games now. Developers are targeting the wrong audiences...
  • IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Well I see this wont be going anywhere.
    Did anyone else notice that their "in house" computers still had a massive FPS drop when a wall crumbled?

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538

Ikisis said:

Did anyone else notice that their "in house" computers still had a massive FPS drop when a wall crumbled?

Are you honestly expecting great performance in a pre-alpha test? You might want to educate yourself on how game development works.
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356

Ikisis said:

It's improving though. We're seeing higher FPS both in Hunger dome and Siege Perilous. Optimization takes time though.

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    This looks and sounds awful... Whats with all these cartoon games now. Developers are targeting the wrong audiences...

I think it looks pretty good for an alpha.  Realism is not for everybody either.  Also there isn't just one audience for games, the game that held and still holds the largest audience is cartoony :)
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Camelot unchianed looks awful for going for 4 million dollars for development....

Like I took a look through their website, looked for the game models so I could see what it looks like and its just awful...
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited May 2016
    I prefer stylized 3D animation than realistic 3D animation. Stylized animation allows artists to show more character and different vibe in different characters, just look at WoW, i don't think realistic 3D animation could have given us better depth in character arts of different lore characters and could not differentiate individuality among them or put more individuality in them.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• Chris_RChris_R Member CommonPosts: 5
    Graphics will improve, after all they are still in alpha. Rather have this style of animation than the realistic look, each to their own i guess.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    So far this game looks like garbage.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I like it and i don't like it at the same time. If that makes any sense.

• IczerIczer Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Love it! Keep up the good work ArtCraft.
  • CoolWatersCoolWaters Member UncommonPosts: 104
    The trailer doesn't do the game justice - even a little.

This is just a testing module, but already the sieging is fun enough that I literally rearrange my work schedule to make as many tests as possible.

It definitely recaptures a little Shadowbane magic. And for Alpha, it's in fantastic shape.

I'm not a fan of overly stylized Gfx either, but core gameplay is far more important to me than "realistic" graphics that will look awful in 2 years. 

They haven't even started optimizing the game for FPS yet, but I believe that is about to begin. They need to as the numbers in these sieges are getting bigger and bigger.