Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IMPROVING THE PLAYER EXPERIENCE – TOPIC: CHEATING & EXPLOITS

HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-248717-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

"CHEAT ENGINES

Cheating players have been an issue for a number of you in the Dark Zone, and we’ve heard this feedback loud and clear. We are strengthening our efforts to address this problem, as described below.

First, we have implemented new cheat detection methods that have allowed us to identify many more players currently using cheat engines in the game. We have already caught more cheaters in the last few days than we had in total during the previous weeks. As a result, we will be handing out the biggest wave of suspensions and bans to date over the course of the next few days.

Second, when cheaters are caught, we will now apply a suspension of 14 days on first offense (instead of the previous 3 day initial suspension). Second offense will always be a permanent ban.

We anticipate these two changes will noticeably improve your experience. New upgrades on cheat detection are underway."

and under exploits:

"Second, sanctions will be implemented for players who repeatedly abuse exploits and will vary depending on the severity of the abuse, as well as the history of the player. Possible sanctions include character rollbacks, account suspensions and permanent bans. Those who encounter bugs during the normal course of play have absolutely nothing to worry about."

Finally the DZ will be cleared up of these cheaters!

Playing: varies every day it seems.

Comments

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Sounds nice but if Massive/Ubisoft can't get simple dailies working the game is doomed to failure again dailies failed to reset this weekend how many times is that 4.

• HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234
    My guess is that they wanted to validate their cheat detection before pulling the trigger and accidentally banning innocents. So the first wave came out as that, a wave, but now it would likely be a daily routine.

I had the best time in the DZ right after this action had taken place.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    My guess is that this thread isn't needed

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I think along with the 14-day ban/suspension a rollback on gear, etc. would be in order.

• HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234
    d_20 said:
    I think along with the 14-day ban/suspension a rollback on gear, etc. would be in order.
    It would make sense to deprive them of what they earned while cheating.

From my experience, the ban/suspensions have made a big impact on the DZ. I am definitely enjoying my time in the zone now compared to before this took place. I encourage everyone that was turned off of The Division due to cheaters in the Dark Zone to come back and give it another shot.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    This is good at least they acknowledge there is a problem, and they are trying to fix it.

• NokksonwoodNokksonwood Member UncommonPosts: 91
    edited May 2016
    Good news, I am really enjoying this game atm. The only thing I would love to have is the ability to show my char with my real life mug ;)
  • SetEssentialSetEssential Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I fail to understand why fighting cheaters in online games in general is an afterthought instead of placing anti cheats in game during development. You know many people are going to cheat any way they can so some fore thought on this matter would possibly do away with some bad press and disappointed customers.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    I fail to understand why fighting cheaters in online games in general is an afterthought
    Is it? Can you somehow backup what you say?

Note: Not speaking about asian or some low budget indie games..