Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this worth buying?

DajunkaDajunka Member UncommonPosts: 12

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/star-wars-the-old-republic/pc-download/bundle/deluxe-pack#details

Is this worth buying and you are already playing for free?  I know you get 60 days sub, but are the extras worth the money, and do I just add the code to my excising account?

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    if you plan to subscribe then its worth buying. If you plan to play for free then it is pure misery. Not worth a damn because you are still ridiculously restricted even if you pay a million dollars just because you are not subscribed. So there you go, Subscription is the only way to play this game.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    edited May 2016

If you like a good story with good quests  than yes it is a good game, the combat is typical tab target, the sound is excellent, graphics good but not great, space combat is good but not great, it has your typical F2p rules although they have streamlined the game where you can skip the "filler" side quests and just concentrate on the main story line quests-if you do that than the f2p is well worth it. Without a doubt TOR and TWS have the best story lines. Play F2P for a couple of hours, read up on the differences between F2P and sub than decide, I think if you sub for one mo and than go f2p you still get some sub bonuses. Hmmm just off the top of my head the offer looks like a good deal, you get 1,025 cartel coins plus 525 coins each month 

• DajunkaDajunka Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited May 2016

Well I could buy 60 days sub for £17.98 but this offer on the EA site is £24.99 and was wondering was the extras worth the extra.

I am thinking of subscribing but wanted to know what was the best deal.

• GremeGreme Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited May 2016
    I would suggest to compare Origin price with those on swtor.com website.

As I live in Poland I only see prices in my local currency, Origin pack is sold for 119 PLN, while 2 months subscription is sold for 60 PLN and 1050 Cartel Coins Pack is sold for 28 PLN.

So basically I would be paying 31 PLN for five Major Experience Boosts, which makes this a very bad deal, as those can be bought for credits from other players on GTN.

However, I am aware that all those prices above can be different if you live in another country, so I suggest you to compare prices in your own currency.
    Ah! So the 1050 cartel coins would not be worth the extra money.  My best bet them is to just go through the normal subscription.  Thank you.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Seems like a good deal.  It looks like the bonus over the regular sub is:
    1. Free level 60 char boost for one toon
    2. 1050 extra cartel coins
    3. 5 XP boosts for when the sub stops

Just the 1050 extra cartel coins is worth the extra 7 euros.  I'm not sure about the level 60 boost, do you also get that if you just use the regular sub?  If so, it isnt a spectacular deal.  The answer to the level 60 boost question really determines the value of this deal.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

edited May 2016
    Yes I already have the level 60 boost on f2p.  If I sub will I have access to all of the expansions or do I have to buy them as well?
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Sorry, I dont know about the expansions.  You might want to ask on the official forums
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Talonsin said:
    I'm not sure about the level 60 boost, do you also get that if you just use the regular sub?  If so, it isnt a spectacular deal.  The answer to the level 60 boost question really determines the value of this deal.
    It is a free level 60 boost that you receive when you first gain access to KotFE - if you look on store page, there is a disclaimer saying: "Users can only claim the free level-60 character boost token if they haven’t already been an active subscriber of KOTFE"

@Dajunka - You said 2 months sub is £17.98 for you, can you check on http://www.swtor.com/buy how much 1050 Cartel Coins pack costs? And compare that to the Origin price?
    Dajunka said:
    Yes I already have the level 60 boost on f2p.  If I sub will I have access to all of the expansions or do I have to buy them as well?
    When you subscribe you get access to all previous expansions for free. Also, if you later stop subscribing, you will still be able to access all old expansions as well as all KotFE content that you had access when you were subscriber.

1050 cartel coins would cost £5.99, so buying separate would cost 23.97, so it's a better deal than the EA bundle.  I will go for the normal sub I think.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Buy two months or sub for a while to play through some story. Without sub it is very annoying imo, it is as if their aim is to make you feel bad about being f2p/pref. But, if you like Bioware style storytelling, it is worth it for a while to play class story and last expansion.

Also don't look at the cartel market. Every new cool mount/gear comes from there. And that would be ok if you could just straight up buy it with your cartel coins(you get some each month as sub), but no it comes from gamble packs. Which can be sold on galactic trade. So they turned this into official credit selling. Imo one of the worst ingameshops for sub MMO's.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Dajunka said:

Well I could buy 60 days sub for £17.98 but this offer on the EA site is £24.99 and was wondering was the extras worth the extra.

I am thinking of subscribing but wanted to know what was the best deal.

Yes, that is basically the best deal or the Amazon one but you can only put one of those codes on an account