Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The funny yet sad story

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
So im am about to take part in a CT scan using a Nuclear Isotope injection....yikes me scared.

Nurse says you need to go back to the doctors kiosk because we need the local Doctor to put the IV in.For obviouis reasons,can't screw it up and have a nuclear isotope streaming through my skin.

Doctor gets her little cart ready and begins to prep my arm and the IV.Her hands are shaking,i'm think omg she is nervous,me scared.So i tried to talk to her to calm her down but she's nervous as heck.

Well First attempt YIKES Son of a B....Now that hurt like heck,she put the IV right through both sides of my vein into the muscle :(.
But the funny sad story gets better....

She says i think i screwed that one up,i'm like i think so too ,not that i am an expert but i have to say that hurt like heck lol.She smiles and attempt number 2.

AGAIN right through and hurt like a mutha.Now the whole back of my hand is all black/purple/blue from internal bleeding   sigh.

A simple Nurse sees the commotion,comes by and says ....umm "you know your putting that IV in the wrong place? My head sinks down i almost have to laugh it is so sad.So now this DOCTOR "not a nurse" is not only nervous but embarrassed,try number 3 only in the proper part of my arm this time.

She spends several minutes,i'm like trouble finding the vein,she's like no i kind of see it  "kind of" is reassuring lmao.
Here we go,i am sort of  biting my jaw this time as i am expecting much pain,this can't be good....YOWSERS !!! ,right through the vein again and out the other side,mass internal bleeding,lots of pain.

So i'm like... Again i am no expert but i think you should be going in on more of an angle ,she's like "i think so too" lmao.

I look up at the  nurse who joined us after the first two misses,....so do you by chance know how to do the IV?She smiles and says yes ,i just wanted to see if she could do it.I was like Ohhhhhhhhhhh so you were basically testing my pain threshhold ,,we all laugh.

The story ends well,the make shift Nurse does it perfectly,no pain ,easy peasy,get my Xray done all is good.
Only sad part is i have all these black n blue patches all over my arm from internal bleeding as a reminder that Doctors scare me.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• lurleenalurleena Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Oh! Maybe that doctor is still intern.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Doctors usually do doctorly things like getting to the problem of symptoms using their years of education. Nurses usually do nursing stuff like administering the tests the doctor wishes to perform through years of administration.

In terms of career paths, nurse is pretty good. Two years of nursing school, several years of on the job training for a small amount of education debt to start at a salary similar to a computer scientist. Doctor on the other hand is 6 years in school with internships. Massive amount of debt and has to compete for residency. If they do become a resident they get paid large amount, but that is still a very difficult path.
  • larryp11233larryp11233 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    the doctor just want to check that pain level of yours