Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every time i open a thread for the first time it takes me to last page

FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
Is this working as intended?  Ideally every thread would open where I left off but I assume the software doesnt support that

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Same for me.

• sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Same here. Its been like this for a long time.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Yeah, this is definitely one of those annoying little "quirks".  If there's multiple pages, I just click on the link to the first page instead of the thread title.  It's silly.
  • sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Yep, annoying. If I'm opening a thread for the first time, I want to see the first posts not the last. How are you supposed to even know what the OP is talking about if you can't read their post first.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    sevitoth said:
    Yep, annoying. If I'm opening a thread for the first time, I want to see the first posts not the last. How are you supposed to even know what the OP is talking about if you can't read their post first.
    You only click the first page of the thread once, after that you always want to goto the last page. So setting the default to the first page in the end would be more loading time. Going to the last page by default in the end, is the best option. 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Is this working as intended?  Ideally every thread would open where I left off but I assume the software doesnt support that

I think it is just trying to save you some pain and misery!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• larryp11233larryp11233 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    oh I noticed this too :/
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Nanfoodle said:
    sevitoth said:
    You only click the first page of the thread once, after that you always want to goto the last page. So setting the default to the first page in the end would be more loading time. Going to the last page by default in the end, is the best option. 
    the problem is that it does it the first time I select a thread too
  • wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196
    or a clever ad ploy by getting you to go back to the page you wanted in the first place.....*tinfoilhat*