Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What trade will you be in-game?

13»

Comments

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited April 2016
    Kyleran said:
    Wizardry said:

Another example is if we have guns or bows,i 100% want to see bullets and arrows and we should be crafting them.
    ER, you ever shoot a gun in the real world? You don't "see" the bullets, only the hole it makes in the target.

He's talking about the crafting of said things not so much the shooting of them. (if I understand it correctly myself)
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • drakeordanskadrakeordanska Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Also count tracer bullets. You see them.
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Amathe said:
    I don't see me paying money to play a yard hand or fence builder in a fantasy game. These are much worse jobs than the one I have in real life. 
    Horses will need to be fed and watered, fences need to be built we need builders, yardhands, etc.. they all get paid. 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have not followed the all the actual layout of the game design in a while,i am too old now to remember stuff so i rehash my brain when release is near.So i cannot remember but i would EXPECT more than one skill/job on each character.
    Also your job in real life takes up about 12 hours a day of your life from drive time to showers after to making lunches,breaks etc etc,that is half your life.This will not be replicated in a game ,no way no how,your not going to spend half your game time building a fence is my point,there should and will be MANY other things to do.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Wizardry said:
    I have not followed the all the actual layout of the game design in a while,i am too old now to remember stuff so i rehash my brain when release is near.So i cannot remember but i would EXPECT more than one skill/job on each character.
    Also your job in real life takes up about 12 hours a day of your life from drive time to showers after to making lunches,breaks etc etc,that is half your life.This will not be replicated in a game ,no way no how,your not going to spend half your game time building a fence is my point,there should and will be MANY other things to do.
    Would adding the word Main help?  What would be your Main trade? the Trade that you plan to do over all others?

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
    I suppose the issue is, will there be enough people wanting to do the menial tasks or will we have a server full of wannabee Zorro's running around waving their swords in the air...

I'd quite like to be able to play an instrument well in the game, be a bard maybe. It'd be great if I could also make the instruments I wanted to play :)  Still need someone to go out and gather all the bits I suppose!
    lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id
    lunawisp said:
    I suppose the issue is, will there be enough people wanting to do the menial tasks or will we have a server full of wannabee Zorro's running around waving their swords in the air...

I'd quite like to be able to play an instrument well in the game, be a bard maybe. It'd be great if I could also make the instruments I wanted to play :)  Still need someone to go out and gather all the bits I suppose!
    My guess is most people will wanna be the Zorro's while some will try to master the crafts. What is not made up by the "master the crafts" type will be made up by the Zorro's diverting from their task to make up the "shortage" in staff so they can do more of the Zorro stuff.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

I'm not 100% sure what I am taking. I was thinking of taking a breeder as a main and then maybe start a couple of alt opc characters to do the menial stuff
    I'm not 100% sure what I am taking. I was thinking of taking a breeder as a main and then maybe start a couple of alt opc characters to do the menial stuff
    If it's possible to be in charge of making alcohol type drinks, I'd be up to learning that. Nothing like knowing you've made a town full of people drunk.

I think Inn keeper will be something
  • VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311
    In the land of a thousand Zorros, the only mask-maker in business is king...