Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Duel With The Devs Telethon Coming May 2nd - Shroud of the Avatar News

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited April 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageDuel With The Devs Telethon Coming May 2nd - Shroud of the Avatar News

The Shroud of the Avatar team will be on hand on Monday, May 2nd, from 10 AM Pacific / 1 PM Eastern to participate in the Duel with the Devs Spring Telethon. During the event, participants can duel with the devs, earn prizes, including t-shirts, store credits and more, and can expect some surprises along the way. 

Read the full story here

Comments

• FacelessSaviorFacelessSavior Member UncommonPosts: 188
    edited April 2016
    What is this 2500 spent? Is their game/shop design so bad that they're literally singing and dancing for money now?
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited April 2016

What is this 2500 spent? Is their game/shop design so bad that they're literally singing and dancing for money now?

Lol

SotA lost lot of steam from its early days, it seems like they are stuck on the $ 8 Million mark.
    Selling Houses for thousands of $ and the tiny claustrophobic zones killed the game for me.
    Character Models and Armors are not exactly exciting either.

• FacelessSaviorFacelessSavior Member UncommonPosts: 188

ste2000 said:

Lol

SotA lost lot of steam from its early days, it seems like they are stuck on the $ 8 Million mark.

Selling Houses for thousands of $ and the tiny claustrophobic zones killed the game for me.

Character Models and Armors are not exactly exciting either.

Agreed. As an original UO kid, I really wanted to see this effort be enjoyable and succeed. Every choice they make leads me to believe more and more it's just using industry names and nostalgia for a money grab though, sadly. :/
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    You'd think for $2500 they'd sing an entire song at the least. Not like anyone is insane enough to pay that much for even a verse of a song to be sung to them by a dev, but holy crap. The money-grubbing desperation is strong here.

Smile

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

You'd think for $2500 they'd sing an entire song at the least. Not like anyone is insane enough to pay that much for even a verse of a song to be sung to them by a dev, but holy crap. The money-grubbing desperation is strong here.

Lol, so true. In fact, I think it's the devs that should pay the audience cause they're willing to hear them sing.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • ballisticknife0ballisticknife0 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    In all honesty, I'm looking forward to this game. Reading all the planned features, most of which are already implemented, but will all be fully implemented by R32, has me really interested. The cash shop is a bit annoying, but it's not P2W, as much as people feel the need to complain. They're doing everything they can to make money to improve their game, and whether or not people like it, good for them. The cash shop is going to be going away at launch, and every item in it will be available in game.
  • jtripperjtripper Member UncommonPosts: 115

They've done worse things for money. They're not above shaming themselves to bring in cash.

That's not $2500 per person. It's just the running total from everyone during their telethon. But yeah, they want the money. They've been doing this for the past three years with several telethons per year. No skin off my back if they want to sing and dance or get drunk or other silly things to raise money.

In all honesty, I'm looking forward to this game. Reading all the planned features, most of which are already implemented, but will all be fully implemented by R32, has me really interested. The cash shop is a bit annoying, but it's not P2W, as much as people feel the need to complain. They're doing everything they can to make money to improve their game, and whether or not people like it, good for them. The cash shop is going to be going away at launch, and every item in it will be available in game.

Uhm, no. All the planned features will not be fully implemented by R32. The game will still be buggy as hell and incomplete by R32. Did you not read their post-wipe schedule? They will still be in Early Access when they go persistent in R32.

The cash shop is not going away at launch. The only thing they've confirmed is that Pledges are going away at R32. They will continue to use the Add On Store to sell digital goods to those with money and those will be exclusive versions that you cannot craft. Like, the "ornate" items in the Add On Store currently. They will offer non-ornate versions in the game that you can craft, but the ornate versions are exclusive to the Add On Store.
  • Strizzy12Strizzy12 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I really feel for those that backed this game.