Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Renders of some facial features and hair styles.

MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
Facebook and Twitter

-- Or below for those that don't want to click above --

Your Thoughts?

Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Looks good, 

I would love to see  facial expressions. 
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    I love a good beard. 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Early renders....like seeing some flour, eggs, chocolate chips, oil, water and someone asking how they like the look of the cookies...
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    I like the braid type hair style, though I tend to play more female type characters myself so i'm more interested in the hair styles they'd have.  I tend to go wither either a more flamboyant hair style or the very rugged look. I steer away from the "normal" hair styles.  These look good for an early render though.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Early renders....like seeing some flour, eggs, chocolate chips, oil, water and someone asking how they like the look of the cookies...
    Except these pics are more along the lines of already mixed and shaped and maybe 25% baked in the oven so far.  I would be able to have a pretty good idea of how a cookie would look like at that stage.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Zultra said:
    I love a good beard. 
    Lol you like "Bears"? Hey i'm not gonna judge xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I agree with DMKano. Faces are nice, but i almost never see them in the middle of pvp. They're fine - moving on. 
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Vucar said:
    I agree with DMKano. Faces are nice, but i almost never see them in the middle of pvp. They're fine - moving on. 
    True, but sometimes you might be making gear, or doing things that might be a bit slower. So the faces are somewhat important that you get it right.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    For the level of details COE is going for. You might find looking at faces to identify looks a little bit more important than previous games.
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • jozephjozeph Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Looks nice. There won't be any name tags, so they will need a lot of variation.
  • lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
    They look pretty good to me. Historically I've usually played female characters because they just look better, possibly because they've had more work done by the designers in the belief that more people would want to play them...a sort of self-fullfilling prophecy.

Speaking of which, do we have any female faces to compare those to? I haven't seen any, close up.
    lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    lunawisp said:
    They look pretty good to me. Historically I've usually played female characters because they just look better, possibly because they've had more work done by the designers in the belief that more people would want to play them...a sort of self-fullfilling prophecy.

Speaking of which, do we have any female faces to compare those to? I haven't seen any, close up.
    Hopefully soon. I have asked.

• MaradaeMaradae Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Zultra said:
    I love a good beard. 
    At the "meet the team" video you can see a beard man model. :tongue: 
    Co-author of Heraldo de Elyria (spanish fansite blog). Visit the CoE's official Wiki [En] [Es] [Fr]
    Consider using my Chronicles of Elyria friend code: C9D8F6
  • hexisdabombhexisdabomb Member CommonPosts: 4
    Looks amazing
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Will hair be cardboard or have physics or animated? I am tired of cardboard hair.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Show us them gurls!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    DMKano said:
    Face graphics - sort of bottom of the list importance to me.

Looks fine to me.

Agree.  The real battle is going to be over the size of the shoulder pads, assuming you aren't in the no shoulder pads group.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    As long as the hair dosent come out like black desert lol...that's like the shittiest mmo hair I think I have evert seen.
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    waynejr2 said:
    DMKano said:
    Face graphics - sort of bottom of the list importance to me.

Looks fine to me.

Agree.  The real battle is going to be over the size of the shoulder pads, assuming you aren't in the no shoulder pads group.
    Recognising a character will entail knowing his/her facial features. 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    It looks good. Animation, movement and combat fluidity are the things I'm looking forward to seeing.