Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BHAHAHA...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
edited April 2016 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
This is why one of the MANY reasons buying a new, untested product is unwise, but to those who bought some of these recent games like the Division and Black Desert mission accomplished, they got your $ for the cheap and "HACKABLE" product they shipped, and now the process of changing/rebranding another company to repeat the same is in effect.

This reminds me of WOW;WoD latest expansion, which I choose to buy on launch too. After two months the honorbuddy and "kickbot"was strong in this one. People cared less if WOW was bot fest, but the moment that also affected arena and PvP, which is one of the two end game features WOW offers, then many things changed quickly.

Bottom line, for us to see quality delivered to us we have to demand it and there is no better way to demand it than on what and how we spend our only vote that matters, our MONEY. I understand many more than ever want to label their games as "MMO's" these days, because when they use that label, some of the first thing players think of is progression, persistent and a massive world where we can interact with all of the players.

There is no space for cheating in persistent worlds with long term goals players pursue and spend both their time and $ to accomplish.

Comments

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    edited April 2016
    You forgot to tell us how long it's been since you spent money on a game.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Every game is hackable and exploitable. It cannot be prevented. It can only be policed.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    You're like a disgruntled old guy in the back of a bar laughing a toothless laugh when someone trips.

You do have a point, though.  These games should at least be difficult to hack, or if not there should be something in the game somewhere that's tells the server somethings wrong if someone is constantly boosting up to full hp without using any items.  Simple violations of gameplay like that should be tracable.

They are selling us products and currently they're faulty.

It's especially grievous in games like BDO and BnS when these hacks and botting issues were known beforehand, sometimes for years beforehand, and nothing was ever done.
  • wiennaswiennas Member UncommonPosts: 67
    edited April 2016
    This is partially true, to a great extent companies try to create as much hype as possible about their product, at least those who can afford it. Basically this is marketing, together with currupt ''gaming webistes,'' see this, this is common. Beside that, many new games no longer offer ''demos, or trial versions,...'' where people could test the video game before they had buy it. This is no coisidence. Look BDO, Eso,...for example BDO have loose almost immediately half of the player base in the first 2-4 days,a direct result when people have buy in advance something based on marketing, while they had try the product (after the purchase) and did not like it. Moreover, the rate of greed of Daum company, seems to have no boundaries - afterall they had indicate that in the moment you play the game-you give up your ''right to refund.'' The degree of greed is just unbelievable. 
    wiennas said:
    This is partially true, to a great extent companies try to create as much hype as possible about their product, at least those who can afford it. Basically this is marketing, together with currupt ''gaming webistes,'' see this, this is common. Beside that, many new games no longer offer ''demos, or trial versions,...'' where people could test the video game before they had buy it. This is no coisidence. Look BDO, Eso,...for example BDO have loose almost immediately half of the player base in the first 2-4 days,a direct result when people have buy in advance something based on marketing, while they had try the product (after the purchase) and did not like it. Moreover, the rate of greed of Daum company, seems to have no boundaries - afterall they had indicate that in the moment you play the game-you give up your ''right to refund.'' The degree of greed is just unbelievable. 
    both BDO and the Division had open betas, BDO also has 7 day free passes to try the game before purchase.
  • wiennaswiennas Member UncommonPosts: 67
    moshra said:
    wiennas said:
    both BDO and the Division had open betas, BDO also has 7 day free passes to try the game before purchase.
    I mean, you really like BS.
    How much free playtime of a game do you feel you are entitled to before you should have to purchase it?

Demos and betas are not the issue here, its the lack of internal testing these companies did before releasing games that are so easily hacked.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Kopogero said:

There is no space for cheating in persistent worlds with long term goals players pursue and spend both their time and $ to accomplish.
    The Division is not a persistent world game. In fact, i played it as a single player game, with the very occasion co-op mission. Hacking does not bother me since I don't pvp.

Sure .. players cheat. My solution .. don't play with them. 
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    If spending time/effort to obtain items (cosmetic or not) that remain permanently with your character it means that they "persist", thus this makes the Division a persistent world game. I might be wrong though since I've done zero research on the details of this game, cuz this one was easy to skip, but from what I saw it was about grinding gear for PvP and PvE that can be done in a group or some tasks as solo.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Blizzard thanks you for the money and noted for future reference that Kopogero bought the game, clearly we are on the right track and need to keep doing more of the same.

Good job!

Everyone has Kopogero to thank for Legion.  He spent money on WoD.  

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Pepeq said:
    Blizzard thanks you for the money and noted for future reference that Kopogero bought the game, clearly we are on the right track and need to keep doing more of the same.

Good job!

Everyone has Kopogero to thank for Legion.  He spent money on WoD.  

Damn Kopogero and the unfathomable amount of influence his money has on game development!
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited April 2016
    Kopogero said:
    This is why one of the MANY reasons buying a new, untested product is unwise, but to those who bought some of these recent games like the Division and Black Desert mission accomplished, they got your $ for the cheap and "HACKABLE" product they shipped, and now the process of changing/rebranding another company to repeat the same is in effect.

This reminds me of WOW;WoD latest expansion, which I choose to buy on launch too. After two months the honorbuddy and "kickbot"was strong in this one. People cared less if WOW was bot fest, but the moment that also affected arena and PvP, which is one of the two end game features WOW offers, then many things changed quickly.

Bottom line, for us to see quality delivered to us we have to demand it and there is no better way to demand it than on what and how we spend our only vote that matters, our MONEY. I understand many more than ever want to label their games as "MMO's" these days, because when they use that label, some of the first thing players think of is progression, persistent and a massive world where we can interact with all of the players.

well, as said before, those hacks only affect me in pvp, the pve in division is still enough fun.
    and quite seriously, did you laugh at us for buying a game we enjoy playing?

jesus christ.... you must be ... nm. have a nice life and enjoy your laughing about others. if you want a hint tho, find something that is fun to enjoy while you do it yourself. much more rewarding.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I thought you said you didn't buy a game for like 5 years or something OP....or expansions dont count as games I guess.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Kopogero said:
    If spending time/effort to obtain items (cosmetic or not) that remain permanently with your character it means that they "persist", thus this makes the Division a persistent world game. I might be wrong though since I've done zero research on the details of this game, cuz this one was easy to skip, but from what I saw it was about grinding gear for PvP and PvE that can be done in a group or some tasks as solo.
    really? So Diablo 3 is a persistent world game too (since the items remain permanently with your character)?

Great ... i am sold. Now you just have to sell that to the crowd who think The Division is not a MMO. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I know full well my mistakes and i was VERY skeptical buying into BDO and now disappointed i did but oh well.
    As for the Division,i did not buy into it ..yet,i knew it was not releasing enough product for the cost.I made up my mind to wait for around a year if need be before buying the game.

I have several games on my radar,too many with little time,so i am in no hurry to rush out and buy The Division.

Sadly what myself and others do when buying for example BDO is we make them look better than they are.This is because then they go out and tell everyone how many people bought the game and those large numbers are like self marketing,when in reality,too many bought the game on a whim or simply on graphics alone.
    That is why numbers alone NEVER give a true indication of game quality,only a trial or actual playing will give you that answer.This again is sad when we don't get a trial because in essence we are then buying on a total whim,basically giving the developer free money.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Kopogero said:
    Wrong.

A "persistent world" implies that the world persists regardless of how many players are logged-in to it. It is not created on demand.

Items and character stats have nothing to do with the persistence of the game world. If the game world generates a personal instance for your character every time you login, that is not persistence, regardless of whether it is the identical piece of game world every time.

WoT and War Thunder don't have persistent worlds, yet the equipment and crew stats persist between matches.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    The quality of games are so suspect as of late, with bad ports and other problems, I usually wait awhile and see how it does after launch.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    edited May 2016
    Kopogero said:
    really? So Diablo 3 is a persistent world game too (since the items remain permanently with your character)?

Great ... i am sold. Now you just have to sell that to the crowd who think The Division is not a MMO. 
    Perhaps if you used your own noggin and stopped regurgitating everything you read on the internet, people would take you a wee bit more seriously. You are literally coming across like a parrot.

Post edited by Cecropia on

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Wizardry said:
    I know full well my mistakes and i was VERY skeptical buying into BDO and now disappointed i did but oh well.
    As for the Division,i did not buy into it ..yet,i knew it was not releasing enough product for the cost.I made up my mind to wait for around a year if need be before buying the game.

I have several games on my radar,too many with little time,so i am in no hurry to rush out and buy The Division.

Sadly what myself and others do when buying for example BDO is we make them look better than they are.This is because then they go out and tell everyone how many people bought the game and those large numbers are like self marketing,when in reality,too many bought the game on a whim or simply on graphics alone.
    That is why numbers alone NEVER give a true indication of game quality,only a trial or actual playing will give you that answer.This again is sad when we don't get a trial because in essence we are then buying on a total whim,basically giving the developer free money.
    So.. FF11.  Gotcha.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Kopogero said:
    That makes it persistent inventory, not a persistent world.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Kopogero said:

Well using his logic single player games are a persistent world. So sure, throw them under the MMO banner.  ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Could be worse. Could've ordered hoverboards last xmas.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    I've really been enjoying The Division. I didn't pre-order, nor have I purchased the season pass. I wait for things to release and then hop in if its still interesting. The missions were a lot of fun. I actually enjoy logging in and doing the daily quests, which is the first time for any game. The new incursion was okay, but I was expecting a bit more.

Over all its very much worth the price. Though I did get it on sale. The hackers didn't really get to me as most of the game is solo. You could play the game entirely single and co-op if you wanted. 
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Could be worse. Could've ordered hoverboards last xmas.
    No such thing.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    moshra said:
    You forgot to tell us how long it's been since you spent money on a game.

BHAHAHA...

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.