Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bolstering Introduced to Equalize the Playing Field

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageBolstering Introduced to Equalize the Playing Field

The Chronicles of Elyria site has a new blog post that lays out a neat new in-game mechanic to help players maximize their time in game by equalizing the playing field when members of a "family" travel together. When a player of a higher level is partnering with others of a higher level, stamina is raised to the level of the highest character, though no additional abilities are added. In addition, "bolstering" as the CoE calls it, brings other stat increases to bear.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Strizzy12Strizzy12 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I'm looking forward to this one.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Other games have had similar mechanisms. I thought it worked for the most part in those games. As long as it's done right here it should be fine.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    I just don't see any reason to not play this game.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Rasiem said:
    I just don't see any reason to not play this game.
    If it released and had all the features I would agree!

Unfortunately I lost count of how many awesome pre-release games just never delivered in reality.  Even the CEO says they are in "Pre-Production" so yes it sounds awesome on paper, but...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    This is the only game that I deeply truly am excited about. There's just nothing with this level of creativity in-the-works that I'm aware of. not just a game but an immersive world. I SOOOOooo hope it comes together as planned!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    In before hackers ruin everything!
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Another in a long line of mechanisms they have proposed in this game.  They will need super programmers to code all this if there is enough time left in the universe.
  • Abydos-CDDAbydos-CDD Member UncommonPosts: 98
    This is my game !
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    These are ideals i do NOT like and seems the developer is straying far from it's original design.

Stamina for example SHOULD strictly be to each individual,it should not carry some phantom fake number stat depending on how many players you have at a certain level.I have to give this idea two thumbs down.
    Do not like this Bolstering idea at all,i prefer the original design of creating realistic players to support realistic role playing,not fake or roaming stat numbers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.