Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vivendi Secures 18% More Stock in Ubisoft - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageVivendi Secures 18% More Stock in Ubisoft - MMORPG.com News

While still denying a takeover attempt, Vivendi has increased its stock holdings in Ubisoft by 18% which gives the company a nearly 16% ownership stake in the gaming studio. Ubisoft has been actively seeking other investors to stop a takeover by Vivendi which only needs to gain an additional 12% of the available stocks to force takeover negotiations.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CaeruleiCaerulei Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Clash of titans. Ubisoft might do better than it currently is with new overlords.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    The fun of publicly traded companies.
  • LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Personally, I see this as being a good thing for Ubisoft. Maybe some fresh blood will be able to cut through the crap that has them churning out literally the same game every few years.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Well... That is rather sad actually.  Ubi need new blood but sadly Vivendi carry some nasty STD´s. 

This have been a good conversation

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Ubi has some great concept games... problem is, they can never finish them.. even after 5 years past the release date....
  • MoparMopar Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Fuck off Vivendi.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    While I too don't kinda like Vivendi, let's not forget that , they were behind Blizzard since 1998 up until 2013. You can't really say with your eyes big enough, that Vivendi is "bad" . With them , Blizzard became what they are today. Now, the question is IF they actually did something, or they were just "on-papers" .

Nevertheless, they were behind Blizzard for 15 years ! 15 glorious years, and that says a lot !

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!