Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TheHiveLeader's Impressions - Orcs Must Die: Unchained

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageTheHiveLeader's Impressions - Orcs Must Die: Unchained

TheHiveLeader slays some orcs in the new game Orcs Must Die! Unchained! Orcs Must Die! Unchained is the third game in the Orcs Must Die! series and a free to play online siege MOBA. the game draws elements of the first two games in the series, both action tower defense titles, complete with traps, hordes of enemy waves, and bases to defend. Unchained adds competitive online play where players can choose to play a particular character archetype, including the series' War Mage and Sorceress, as

Read the full story here

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Never fancied OMD and don't like dota-clones, so the game part was meh to me... but the video is cool as always :wink: 
    Especially loved the throwback jokes, too bad your LotRO video was way too short... but AoC was awesome. And the start was a hommage to H1Z1's "equal rights for zombies" movement? :lol: 
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

Po_gg said:

And the start was a hommage to H1Z1's "equal rights for zombies" movement? :lol: 

Indeed! You're good, sir.
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Budget joke week? yay... :)
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

Mitara said:

Budget joke week? yay... :)

The good stuff ain't cheap!... and by that I mean, it's not that often I get to revisit an old joke that actually fits the game I'm talking about. Who would've guessed another game would come out with the "Unchained" subtitle? I didn't think yet ANOTHER game would be so silly...
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Their biggest problem is trying to cater to fans of OMD 1 and 2 while trying to build a new audience for the moba part of the game. I just don't think they have the resources to do both properly and the game just feels a bit meh at this stage.
  • dalewjdalewj Member UncommonPosts: 94
    edited April 2016
    Also the single player of the game is pretty damn weak and hard to play at the same time. It is truly built as a team game, with the single player not being up to snuff. And I spent too much time grabbing loot and les time killing shit. But its beta, pre-release, early access, or errrr ahhhh Not Ready to Play....

HomePage/Gaming Blog - http://dalewj.com . MMORPGer - Current game: http://AfterWorld.ru .
    Author of Diaries of Afterworld- http://www.jconsult.com/afterworld and the Outside Sci-Fi series- http://www.jconsult.com/outside

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    dalewj said:
    Also the single player of the game is pretty damn weak and hard to play at the same time. It is truly built as a team game, with the single player not being up to snuff. And I spent too much time grabbing loot and les time killing shit. But its beta, pre-release, early access, or errrr ahhhh Not Ready to Play....
    It was originally not supposed to have any single player whatsoever and be 100% competitive, alas.

Which IMHO was a pretty bad idea when you consider that the game series itself was ALWAYS single player PvE.   And... well, it shows.

Too bad because I love tower defense games.
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Yea, OMD is superior TD game. And the MOBA train has left the station, so this is just a waste of a good series.
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Played this early access since alpha. Game was fun at points, but the developers seem REALLY clueless. Can't see myself playing this over the competition tbh
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Nice video and finale.Dont care about the game tho.

beLIEve

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    LoL- great game but pointless

mmorpg junkie since 1999