Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pathfinder Adventures Mobile CCG Released - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imagePathfinder Adventures Mobile CCG Released - MMORPG.com News

Obsidian and Paizo have announced that Pathfinder Adventures, a mobile adaptation of Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, has been released for mobile devices. Pathfinder Adventures is available for iPad and Android Tablets as well as for iOS and Android mobile devices and is currently in development for Steam deployment.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Ahhh that explains @Grakulen 's update this morning. Time to start downloading I suppose.
    Not on AppStore as of 28Apr 930am.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Boo. It's not there yet.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Just let me know when the steam version is released. I have my credit card ready!
    @BillMurphy @Grakulen It's out on the AppStore. It's iPAD only though. So if you look through phone search you won't find it. $25 bucks to unlock everything. Not terrible (that supposedly unlocks future items as well).
    @BitterClinger ;

If it makes you feel better, the forums/Dev have acknowledged that all the DLC are cross platform meaning you buy it for one, you own it for all.  WAHOO!
  • HytekHytek Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Tried ot on Android mobile today. I really did not like it at all and quit before I even finished the tutorial. So disappointed :(

I have found in my lifetime, that the beauty of hating stupid people is, that it crosses all racial boundaries.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Hytek said:
    Tried ot on Android mobile today. I really did not like it at all and quit before I even finished the tutorial. So disappointed :(

Well, that's very disappointing to hear. What was the problem? Interface? Graphics? Game Mechanics? ALL/None of the above?
    edited April 2016
    It's as complicated as the original board game.  If you didn't get through the tutorial then you didn't "try" it.

I will say, they need to refine the tutorial as it doesn't do an adequate enough time explaining some of the VERY complicated strategies.  But per their forums, they're making notes of items that aren't explained fully enough to update that as they go.

Honestly it isn't bad.

Character has a "deck".  That's their health.  NO more deck, no more health.

"Area" has multiple "locations".  There is a main bad guy and henchmen for the location.  Each location has it's own deck with conditions to "close".  Closing a location stops a bad guy from fleeing there.  To close the location you have to draw from the location deck until you defeat the henchmen.  After defeating you can "close" by fulfilling whatever that locations check is.  (every one is different, some require a roll, others defeating a bad guy, etc)

If you find the main baddie early, you can temporarily "close" escape routes thereby funneling him into specific areas.

As you play you can modify your characters "deck" with new weapons, spells, henchmen, etc.  But you're limited to different items based on the character type.  For example, mages may not have weapons (0/2).  During the course of a game you can "draw" into them and use them for the length of that "area"/campaign.  Then you give it up at the end but can switch it to say a Paladin that can use the weapon.

It's free.  Try it.  Doesn't hurt anything.

What I DO like is if you go to the forums, lots of people have been saying "Oh that doesn't follow this rule" or "that rule".  And the people come back with page and paragraph of the rulebook and it's actually teaching people who actually PLAY the boardgame through rule enforcement.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    I downloaded it but it keep telling me I am not connected and will not earn gold...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Now I want to play mistfall.  And gloomhaven when I get my pledge!  This one was a "meh" for me