Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XI Reboot – Nexon shows off first images of mobile RPG

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited April 2016 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Final Fantasy XI

Following the reveal of Project A1 at the annual Nexon Developers Conference in South Korea, the staff at Nexon once again took the stage yesterday and revealed the first game images for Final Fantasy XI Reboot. A collaboration project with Square Enix, Final Fantasy XI Reboot is a mobile RPG which is crafted by Nexon using Unreal Engine 4 and set for launch worldwide in the future.

The game was not “officially” revealed per say, as it was simply used as the example during one of the development talks. After several testings by Nexon, Final Fantasy XI Reboot will utilize a client-based server system where game data is stored efficiently and affected less by weak internet connections. As a mobile MMORPG, the current party system holds 3 characters. Stay tuned for updates!

http://mmoculture.com/2016/04/final-fantasy-xi-reboot-nexon-shows-off-first-images-of-mobile-rpg/

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Final Fantasy XI fans the adventure is about to continue.  =)
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Aori said:
    ...but Nexon.
    lol ikr
    I like the idea of a reboot but at the same time I'm scared.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384

No PC F it, mobile only , ugh. I m a huge FFXI fan, but nah in this form.

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    I doubt many will play this, the main game still exists and is updated monthly.

That game isn't FFXI and it's run by a horrible mobile company.
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384

I still sub to XI, and wouldn t leave it for that. If it comes to PC, I ll think about it.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I can convert Final Fantasy XI to Windows Mobile pretty easily. Can even make a... Continuum extension.
  • thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Nexon has trashed every game they created.  If a person is a huge fan of microtransactions (whale), then it might be worth a look.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Why is it when I think FFXI + Mobile. The first word that pops into my head is abomination...

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I just hear the word mobile gaming and think abomination
  • BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    I'll speak for everyone that loves/loved FFXI. WTF.

I will further explain my frustrations on why this game will be bad and nothing like FFXI:

-How the F are you going to gear swap?
    -Do you see how many currencies there are on that screen? HOLY .....
    -Man I can't wait to group with all my friends on the server and party for hour...... Damn it, battery is dying g2g bros.
    -Okay guys, the *random hnm* window is coming up make sure to be ready... "One sec, texting" "Oh I got a call, brb"
    -"I can't wait to party, let me flag up and head to the dunes!" "Man this sucks, I haven't got a group in 3 whole minutes, I'd rather play angry birds".
    -Seriously, how the F is this going to be any good without gear swapping?
    -"Nexon is a great company, they will do right by their customers" - Said no one ever.

Let's just be honest, this is going to be hot garbage. FFXI is the most profitable game SE has ever had and they're trying to milk it to death. Give it a proper sequel, remake, or let it die in peace. Every FFXI fan-boy you talk to in every game brings up many aspects of the game that were never replicated in the genre. FFXIV 1.0 was similar to XI, but the game sucked. FFXIV now is just repetitive and the content just doesn't last.

TLDR: It's going to suck. 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Roin said:
    Why is it when I think FFXI + Mobile. The first word that pops into my head is abomination...
    Your just saying out loud what everyone else is thinking.. :p