Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hmm...i dunno about this

2»

Comments

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Hmm, just take the game slowly and enjoy every bit of it, and get into the storyline, its lasts way longer that way, its what i do. image Since i stopped playing WoW, this might be it, will be great to relax after a long day at work with a nice fantasy rpg once again, with nice graphics. image No need to rush through :)

And for the guy who said spellborn will have the same graphics as WoW, thats not a good thing, WoW graphics = yuck, lol

O_o o_O

• SagarethSagareth Member Posts: 1

Consider that this game is aimed at an older crowd because of the M rating.

It seems to be geared to the "adult" demographic "19+"
    those of us who are 25+ have jobs, families ie responsibilities that keep our gaming time to 10 hours and LESS per week that we can give to unplugging and playing a game.

Perhaps this isnt a great game for the hard core gamer... there are plenty of them out there for ya... nothign says that every title has to cater to the hard core gamer

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

If the pvp is as good as funcom claims it will be, then I don't care about how much content there is. If the actual fighting is fun, then it will keep me coming back far more than questing or exploring will.

• MingmageMingmage Member Posts: 5

I think Spellborn has open PvP as an option (they are still working on that detail and server types).

Back to Conan.  From reading the forums and their articles, I think the intent is to make sure the casual gamer feels like they have accomplished something in that 10 hours or so.  I really do not think there will be a lack of content for both sides of the fence.  Add to that  PvP options, interesting crafting, an interesting AI system (need based), large scale PvP and guild activities, 80 levels with specialization, in depth lore (certainly more then WoW or EQ2)...I could go on.  I think both a hardcore and casual player willl have plenty to do in this exciting MMO.

We'll see in the coming months (Beta in Q3 I believe).

• HyborianHeroHyborianHero Member Posts: 33

I'm with the OP.

From all I see so far, including the release of the class lists and the knowledge you must be part of a Guild to reach a Prestige level in crafting, everything points to a game lacking in diversity, content and substance.

It is going to be a mindless endgame of one guild storming another. They aren't even keeping true to the most fundamental aspects of REH's world. And it appears the reason is sheer laziness and an unwillingness to spend money to make something "new".

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

Originally posted by Sagareth

game for the hard core gamer... there are plenty of them out there for ya... nothign says that every title has to cater to the hard core gamer

very true, but i was kind of hoping it wouldn't be a game made for people that have 10 hours per week or less. i really like the concept behind AOC and was hoping it wouldn't be a easy console type casual game like it seems like it will be.

not really to heartbroken though....by the time this gets released i will be playing vanguard and loving it. image

either way i will be checking this game out regardless, just because it seems so bad a$$ image

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by angerr

“[Age of Conan] is based around players who have 10 hours or less a week,” Tharaldsen stressed. He went on to note, that regardless of the game, “Players who play 10 hours a day will always run out of content. It’s unavoidable"
    so does this mean its going to be like wow and geared twords the casual gamer? looks that way....
    im still looking forward to this game but.... im a power gamer, outlook not looking real good for me as far as this game is concerned::::16::

What do you mean casual game like wow?  I'm avid casual gamer myself, and I have played WOW, and I have quit wow because it isn't very much casual gamer friendly unless you want to grind all the time.  The fact that it takes 4 to 10 hours to do instances in wow, which are true endgame content, have nothing to do with casual game.

On the other note, even tho they have said that game will be tailored for players with 10 hours or less a week.....well, I'll put all my money down and say that they will not keep their word on that one.  Recent quotes and discussions as well as updates indicate it will not be so much casual gamer friendly as they initially announced.  We will have to wait and see however.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

Originally posted by Drvanitus

Originally posted by angerr

“[Age of Conan] is based around players who have 10 hours or less a week,” Tharaldsen stressed. He went on to note, that regardless of the game, “Players who play 10 hours a day will always run out of content. It’s unavoidable"
    so does this mean its going to be like wow and geared twords the casual gamer? looks that way....
    im still looking forward to this game but.... im a power gamer, outlook not looking real good for me as far as this game is concerned::::16::

What do you mean casual game like wow?  I'm avid casual gamer myself, and I have played WOW, and I have quit wow because it isn't very much casual gamer friendly unless you want to grind all the time.  The fact that it takes 4 to 10 hours to do instances in wow, which are true endgame content, have nothing to do with casual game.

On the other note, even tho they have said that game will be tailored for players with 10 hours or less a week.....well, I'll put all my money down and say that they will not keep their word on that one.  Recent quotes and discussions as well as updates indicate it will not be so much casual gamer friendly as they initially announced.  We will have to wait and see however.

in wow lvl 1-59 you can play very casually and it is really easy, geared twords the casual players....thats what i mean. and ya after you get 60 you cant play it casually anymore it becomes a huge grind at endgame, i totally agree with you...i was just talking about lvl 1-59, i just didn't get specific.

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• HyborianHeroHyborianHero Member Posts: 33
    This game is quickly taking on the characteristics of a low customization, low choice, low content, low RP, clan war based game. The only thing that is Conan in this game is the name.