Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think of Archeage?

12346»

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    One of the design flaws that caught my attention had to do with big group rewards.  You could take a group of 5-10 players and run around pirating or running packs through hostile zones.  At the end of the day you were lucky to have made 20 gold per player.  When a solo player could just run packs and make 100 gold.  You could also run in a group and fight huge pvp battles and end up with 100 honor.  Or you could gank people solo and get 1k honor.  Then when they launched Auroria and you don't get honor for killing anything.  That put the nail for me.  You are better off running arena's if you want to farm honor.  And if you want gold you are better off running solo.  Sure large groups have their uses but in the end of the day you wasted 10 player's time.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    Sorry for beating a dead horse but I really fought for this game.  Here is an example of Trion ignoring the playerbase when confronted with the fact that Auroria would not give honor for kills we had only 17% of the players agree with Trion's stance.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?112127-Auroria-Honor-Poll.

Although AA was suppose to be a pvp game.  You are rewarded more for avoiding pvp then doing it.
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    edited April 2016
    filmoret said:
    Sorry for beating a dead horse but I really fought for this game.  Here is an example of Trion ignoring the playerbase when confronted with the fact that Auroria would not give honor for kills we had only 17% of the players agree with Trion's stance.

Although AA was suppose to be a pvp game.  You are rewarded more for avoiding pvp then doing it.
    I have no stance at all on AA. I did however have to point out that saying 195 people represent a entire player base is a pretty big leap. I'm sorry but 195 people voting on something doesn't equal the player base. Get 200k like WoW had and a company will at least look your way. 195 may as well be one.
    fodell54 said:
    filmoret said:

I have no stance at all on AA. I did however have to point out that saying 195 people represent a entire player base is a pretty big leap. I'm sorry but 195 people voting on something doesn't equal the player base. Get 200k like WoW had and a company will at least look your way. 195 may as well be one.
    Somehow people think this way.  If you can pull random players and have at least 100 votes its fairly accurate on the outcome.  There are some who would argue that you need 50% of the players to have an accurate poll and others who think you need 100%.  This is not true because all you need is a good mixture of the players and some decent numbers to get a fairly accurate reading.  Examples are user reviews for products.  They only have 100 people respond and the product has sold millions.  If 90% of them are negative then you can pretty much figure that you will also have a negative experience as well.  If 20% of the people think a certain way then unless somehow you randomly grab them all at once it is quite silly to think that is even possible in random polls.  The presidential elections are coming they are a prime example of how polls operate.  You watch as the first few cities of a state are counted and see the rest of the state will fall in line with those numbers.  The rest of the state never flips the numbers more then 5%.  Yet we can argue that those first few cities do not represent that state.  But as you watch you will see that the rest of the state will not vary too far from those numbers at all.