Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO with Godmode add-on

RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
OK so, since we have official confirmation that on the client side, cheaters can hack some data to gain advantage. I was wondering how it affects the PVP.

Since I dont play this game for PVP, just out of curiosity and fun, Id like some opinions from some BDO players here:

What would the PVP endgame look like, if EVERYBODY was using this cheat - God Mode? How would the guild node wars look like? grinding? And whatever other purposes PVP is for in this game?

Because with cheaters, its like with War on Drugs - if you cannot win it, just make it legal.

Cheers for inputs  :smiley: 

Comments

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    It would be a grind-based game without grind. Meaning a nothing-based game.
  • dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488
    edited April 2016
    Because it wouldn't stop hacking?

Allowing people who choose to hack the game in order to give themselves an unfair advantage over other players an official method to achieve similar ends wouldn't stop those people hacking. Firstly, using any official method would not give them an unfair advantage over other players. Secondly, there's no glory in it. You might bring a few individuals over to the light side, but you're also as likely to create new hackers who break the rules for an advantage. Thirdly, it would be commercially foolish to make such a game; you'd be consigning yourself to a tiny, tiny, tiny niche because "a game with hacking" would be "a game for hackers" ( and most hackers wouldn't play it; they're all passive aggressive dungeon trolls who hate direct (sunlight) or well defined (social interactions) competition because they're shit at it ).
  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    DMKano said:
    Ramajama said:

What would the PVP endgame look like, if EVERYBODY was using this cheat - God Mode? How would the guild node wars look like? grinding? And whatever other purposes PVP is for in this game?

Well I saw last night 2 players both using the client hack fighting eachother - it was pretty funny - neither could put a dent in the other's HP at all even with no skill cooldowns.

The way it works apparently - the client is telling the server that HP is at 100% like 100s of times per second so this negates any damage done. (the HP bar just flickers - it's really obvious if you are fighting someone and their HP bar is flickering they're exploiting)

I think in reality whoever has the lowest latency can send the server the highest frequency of client commands so it would eventually override the other hackers "full HP" commands and the server would process the lower latency clients packets first because they'd be coming in more often.

Either way - once they both realized they were in god-mode - they stopped fighting eachother.

In theory - node wars with everyone running the exploit would be a complete farce - players would just give up fighting - it's like punching a wall - a complete waste of time. But I still think that the lowest latency exploiters would ultimately win after several hours of constant circle-jerk.
    Yep :smile: that was my line of thinking. It would become endurance war, also maybe war of numbers, with more players fighting low latency powerhouse. Like World Boss. :sunglasses: 
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    DMKano said:
    In theory - node wars with everyone running the exploit would be a complete farce - players would just give up fighting - it's like punching a wall - a complete waste of time. But I still think that the lowest latency exploiters would ultimately win after several hours of constant circle-jerk.
    It wouldn't surprise me that node wars will have a time limit to resolve them (like most MMOs have for this kind of main PvP event). If so then as long as this hack will be around, not a single guild will own a node, unless you're real lucky and managed to get one that no one wants :D
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited April 2016
    1.) Black Desert is a Failure in my opinion for multiple reasons which I can list.

. The hacks won't ever fully stop, because they use (XING CODE3) which is a Rootkit, Developed by a 3rd party in order to stop hacks it needs to be done (Server Side) but will not prevent all types of cheating.

. Which without discussing hacks but God Mode exploit, and hack leads me to believe if a person can send the server packets, then couldn't a person in theory send packets to instantly kill players in the game?

2.) The reason for my opinion on the game being a failure is because of the Cash Shop, RNG Dyes, Costumes costing $37+ to make a custom outfit, them holding back content on U.S compared to Korea just to make more money etc.

Over All after buying, and finally just playing a bit even though I debated XingCode3 for a long time then found out it doesn't install itself anymore to C:\windows directory the game just isn't worth my money too much stuff that needs to be fixed from annoying furniture that expires on uses from cash shop, to stoves that constantly break have to put in new ones take out old etc.... Which leads to the Cash Shop issues, RNG, and all that I just can't stand it...

Only great thing about BDO is the character creation nothing more.
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Renoaku said:
    1.) Black Desert is a Failure in my opinion for multiple reasons which I can list.

. The hacks won't ever fully stop, because they use (XING CODE3) which is a Rootkit, Developed by a 3rd party in order to stop hacks it needs to be done (Server Side) but will not prevent all types of cheating.

. Which without discussing hacks but God Mode exploit, and hack leads me to believe if a person can send the server packets, then couldn't a person in theory send packets to instantly kill players in the game?

2.) The reason for my opinion on the game being a failure is because of the Cash Shop, RNG Dyes, Costumes costing $37+ to make a custom outfit, them holding back content on U.S compared to Korea just to make more money etc.

Over All after buying, and finally just playing a bit even though I debated XingCode3 for a long time then found out it doesn't install itself anymore to C:\windows directory the game just isn't worth my money too much stuff that needs to be fixed from annoying furniture that expires on uses from cash shop, to stoves that constantly break have to put in new ones take out old etc.... Which leads to the Cash Shop issues, RNG, and all that I just can't stand it...

Only great thing about BDO is the character creation nothing more.

1. The client, even a hacked client, couldn't send a "DIE NOW" packet to the server if the wasn't 'listening' for a "DIE NOW" command. In other words, the client is still constrained to send messages that the server is listening for.

2. This! I'm SO ready to start buying stuff for my characters! I keep trying to give myself reasons why I should just do it. However, I just can't do it. These prices are so out of whack compared to other top tier games, I won't participate in this scam.

So, I purchased the Conqueror's Pack, and that is the last money Daum will see from me until the cash shop prices are fixed.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    edited April 2016
    I have no problem with the pricing of the cash shop, that just means I just by less stuff.  I limit myself to $30 a month for subscription fees, and so instead of buying everything, I just buy upto around $30 each month.  There's some things in the shop that are nice to have, like a pet.  However, you can actually get a pet for free during some contests / events.  It's just if you want a German Shepard or a Hawk you have to pay for it.  (12 Maewa seals has a chance for a pet btw).  It might be different due to currency exchange, but it's only about $32 for a costume. $10 for a pet.  Neverwinter Nights had $40+ mounts...nobody ever made as much about that, and the mounts were the fastest in the game lol.

I have no problem giving a game I'm having fun in money.  BDO right now is my game.  I understand it's not for everyone, and no game is.  People need to learn that if they don't like a game doesn't mean it's garbage or a horrible game, it's just not for you.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I would think that two players using the hack would never be able to defeat the other even with latency their xp bars would stay full.  Even if one players hp bar did start to drop a little, one block or disengagement would cause hp to reset to full. There wouldn't be any point.  It's only use would be to slice through PvE content and grief those who don't use it.  Wonder if you could use it on your horse to keep it from alive.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey