Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Soon to become a cheaters paradise? Stamina, cool downs, and mana are all client side."

2»

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Diablo II. Those were the days.
    Yeah the trainers; I used to camp the bridge into town and nuke people coming across lol. Thing about that was each game was hosted by a player.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Welcome to rpg's with pvp,NEVER a good idea ALWAYS hacking,geesh always hacking in FPS's as well but at least then players control the servers and can boot people off and/or you can just leave that server anytime for a different one.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Fun times, oh wait. Crappy game is a crappy game. Glad I tried this train wreck first.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Leiloni said:

But some games get such issues taken care of fairly early on. ESO for example doesn't have hacking/botting issues and it must have been so long ago or such a small issue because I've never even heard of that myself. ArcheAge I know had problems for a long time but I don't play it anymore so I don't know if they were solved.

You clearly weren't paying attention then.  ESO had full on duping at launch.  People cheated their way to the best gear right out of the gate.  Unless you mean console launch after they had a year to fix all the mistakes they made on PC launch. 
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    reeereee said:
    Leiloni said:

But some games get such issues taken care of fairly early on. ESO for example doesn't have hacking/botting issues and it must have been so long ago or such a small issue because I've never even heard of that myself. ArcheAge I know had problems for a long time but I don't play it anymore so I don't know if they were solved.

You clearly weren't paying attention then.  ESO had full on duping at launch.  People cheated their way to the best gear right out of the gate.  Unless you mean console launch after they had a year to fix all the mistakes they made on PC launch. 
    ^^Not only that.

The public dungeons were so infested with bot armies that a "normal" player had no chance to kill the boss in those dungeons. The moment the boss spawned, 20 bots instantly attacked. The bots were there for everyone to see, they stood in the same spot 24/7.

Open world was crawling with bots harvesting nodes.

The goldsellers needed to build up their stocks quickly to meet the huge demand for "ESO golds" so that people could cheat their way to the top as fast as possible, lol

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    reeereee said:
    Leiloni said:

^^Not only that.

The public dungeons were so infested with bot armies that a "normal" player had no chance to kill the boss in those dungeons. The moment the boss spawned, 20 bots instantly attacked. The bots were there for everyone to see, they stood in the same spot 24/7.

Open world was crawling with bots harvesting nodes.

The goldsellers needed to build up their stocks quickly to meet the huge demand for "ESO golds" so that people could cheat their way to the top as fast as possible, lol

Bot trains everywhere.....they are annoying.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter