Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

God-Mode Hack Possible, Daum and Pearl Abyss Reacting

Comments

• Oije64Oije64 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Had no troubles with cheaters so far. Maybe because of being a cook and not a fighter. Anyway it is proofen again that some player were a pain in the ass.
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    DMKano said:
    And people harped on Shadowbane and ArcheAge having hacks, which they did but this is on a different level.

I am not aware of any major MMO where HP, mana and ability cooldown were not server side enforced.

Black Desert really went into a whole new territory here with trusting client on everything, it's really mind boggling that this moon sized gaping exploit  was deemed ok.

Last night my group ran into 3 different players blatantly exploiting - the funny thing was 2 of them actually tried killing each other at one point not realizing they were both hacking.... (all 3 reported)

My guild leader basically left the game last night due to sad state of PvP

Me, I am in this for the long haul, so I am sticking around exploits and all.

This needs to be fixed IN CODD , Xigncode3 and other 3rd party tools are completely worthless. 

Yea i wondering if this is specific to the EU/NA client or if possible on KR/RU too? Because the months playing KR back in its open beta, nothing like this was present and client side hacks would be very present if possible at the time. (I remember all the KR Archeage hack videos long before its local release... BDO KR had none of that).

From that time to after the release after the RU release was the first time any sort of hack popped up and that was the AH one.

Seems like they gone full retarded with EU/NA client and turned it into another Archeage (i already decided not to play because the more limited energy system vs. KR system)... reasons keep piling up why i made such a good decision to keep away from our local version.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    MrSyn said:
    From that time to after the release after the RU release was the first time any sort of hack popped up and that was the AH one.
    There you have the problem... Russian players tend to hack each and every game they can to get an advantage over an other player. With that, Russian players are also the ones responsible for the RMT in MMOs these days (done from the exploits of hacks they use). Which is also why I tend to play more on US servers than EU servers because of latency issues RU will have on US :D
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    look at all these people pretending they have any knowledge about programming and game design... if its very obvious having HP server-sided, why dont u ask them why they did it before assuming and complaining and pretending u know it better than the devs. I really doubt the developers were unaware of the possible issues and I doubt even more strongly that the developers are dumber than you guys...

"All these people"... Well, I've been developing client-server (and a few years of thin client) applications, as a full-time profession, since 1991. I started writing applications for SunOS 4.1.1 (pre solaris), and I now write SOA applications for Win-clients.

But, my programming experience has nothing to do with this. This isn't the first Korean MMO to have this problem. This isn't even the first Korean MMO released in NA THIS year with this problem. However, if it truly turns out that all these various game mechanics have no server-side check, BDO will be the most egregious MMO released in... many many years.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Game was out 2-3 years in the east and its JUST now being brought up? lol
  • chaztechchaztech Member CommonPosts: 7
    When I come on every day and start blocking gold spammers every fucking day. I just didn't believe they are gonna do anything. Nothing at all.
  • RendolpheRendolphe Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I play everyday and never encounter one hacker.

I never heard one of my guildmate complain about hack.

This seem isolated case IMO.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    chaztech said:
    When I come on every day and start blocking gold spammers every fucking day. I just didn't believe they are gonna do anything. Nothing at all.
    No problems on that front for me. Use the chat filter from the ESC menu and define a couple of common words ('brands') they use and your RMT SPAM will be a problem of the past ;)
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    You mean the hacks they've been warned about since closed beta? The ones they said didn't exist? The ones that had videos on YouTube from the russian servers? Those hacks?

Deny, deny, deny. Then when you get caught, look like a deer caught in headlights and swear you didn't know it was happening but you'll fix it A.S.A.P.

Same shits happening over on The Division.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    DMKano said:
    Rendolphe said:

Rich kids in a gated community have never seen a homeless person. It seems like an isolated case to them.
    Most cases of hacking in every game is pretty much "isolated"... I don't see why the case would be different here. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    DMKano said:
    Rendolphe said:

Rich kids in a gated community have never seen a homeless person. It seems like an isolated case to them.
    Yes, and some people see conspiracies everywhere.

That said, I have no idea what BDO is like in this case - but it wouldn't be the first time a "perceived" issue is blown out of proportion.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    DKLond said:
    DMKano said:
    Rendolphe said:

That said, I have no idea what BDO is like in this case - but it wouldn't be the first time a "perceived" issue is blown out of proportion.
    Yeah, yeah, hacking and cheating is all blown out of proportion, lol

That's why so many developers regularly report that they've banned tens of thousands of player accounts. They haven't really, but they need to counter all those false "perceptions" that hackers and cheaters actually exist...

Just like nobody really buys all those "mmo golds" offered for sale by the giant RMT companies...

And nobody actually pays for all the third-party "helper" programs that are offered for sale on the internet...
    edited April 2016
    DKLond said:
    DMKano said:
    Rendolphe said:

Yeah, yeah, hacking and cheating is all blown out of proportion, lol

That's why so many developers regularly report that they've banned tens of thousands of player accounts. They haven't really, but they need to counter all those false "perceptions" that hackers and cheaters actually exist...

Just like nobody really buys all those "mmo golds" offered for sale by the giant RMT companies...

And nobody actually pays for all the third-party "helper" programs that are offered for sale on the internet...
    You're not listening.

I'm saying it can go both ways. Unless we gain access to their metrics or they openly reveal the extent of the issue, we can't actually know how bad it is.

What I do know, though, is that most gamers suck at losing or feeling left out. One of the most common responses from a loser is "you cheated".
    DKLond said:

I'm saying it can go both ways. Unless we gain access to their metrics or they openly reveal the extent of the issue, we can't actually know how bad it is.

We will never be given access to their metrics. And if they DID ever reveal them, it would only be because they had no hacking problem, in which case nobody would believe them, lol

All I'm saying is if there are a vast volume of cheating methods and tools available on the internet, it's not unreasonable to believe that many of them will be used.

Given that the supply of "cheat enablers" seems to be growing constantly, it's also not unreasonable to assume that cheating is also increasing in frequency... 
    DKLond said:

We will never be given access to their metrics. And if they DID ever reveal them, it would only be because they had no hacking problem, in which case nobody would believe them, lol

All I'm saying is if there are a vast volume of cheating methods and tools available on the internet, it's not unreasonable to believe that many of them will be used.

Given that the supply of "cheat enablers" seems to be growing constantly, it's also not unreasonable to assume that cheating is also increasing in frequency... 
    I don't believe I've said it's unreasonable to believe cheating will happen.

I'm simply saying we can't know how big a problem it is, and that it's a bit cheap to apply the "rich vs poor" analogy when someone says they haven't experienced hacking themselves.
    DKLond said:
    DKLond said:

I don't believe I've said it's unreasonable to believe cheating will happen.

I'm simply saying we can't know how big a problem it is, and that it's a bit cheap to apply the "rich vs poor" analogy when someone says they haven't experienced hacking themselves.
    Agreed on the "rich vs poor" analogy, that one has far too many emotional triggers, lol

It's quite possible that someone who doesn't PVP in BDO will not experience the cheating. By all accounts, there are many players taking their time enjoying the varied activities and leveling at a leisurely pace, so perceptions of the game will be inclined to vary dramatically.
    DMKano said:
    DKLond said:
    DMKano said:
    Rendolphe said:

There is nothing perceived here - there are streams and videos of clear as day proof of hacking. There are sites that sell the hack. Daum has acknowledged the problem.

It's as real as it gets.
    He didn't say it's not real he said "blown out of proportion" which these things usually are. IF there's a hack or cheat, all of a sudden "everyone is using it and the game is ruined". That's simply how people react to these things. Now anytime someone loses, the opponent must have been "hacking"... Cuz I'm gooderz.

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited April 2016
    Distopia said:
    DMKano said:
    DKLond said:
    DMKano said:
    Rendolphe said:

There is nothing perceived here - there are streams and videos of clear as day proof of hacking. There are sites that sell the hack. Daum has acknowledged the problem.

It's as real as it gets.
    He didn't say it's not real he said "blown out of proportion" which these things usually are. IF there's a hack or cheat, all of a sudden "everyone is using it and the game is ruined". That's simply how people react to these things. Now anytime someone loses, the opponent must have been "hacking"... Cuz I'm gooderz.
    nothing blown out of proportion that you like it or not, and now because it all over the new everywhere everyone know about this haxk and go download it

it would be better when something like that happen to just tell no one and WORK ON IT BEFORE.

just for fun do you want me to tell you how many time a version of this hax was downloaded ?
    ( i have google for fun , i dont even play anymore )

was more that 6000, wonder how many cheater are ingame huh??? im guessing you can find the hax others place too.

no matter how you try to put it, it will ruin the game, just like the gold exploit in neverwinter ruined the game for a very long time ( if you want know everything way overpriced still, they are still not done with it lol... )

peoples can use it very smart too, infine mana , kill mobs, level all his character max level, grind some places

mostly the one who will get banned are the one running everywhere killing everyone...

that you like it or not, that the reality, this game ruined
    DMKano said:
    Rendolphe said:

Did you personally encounter an hacker in BDO?
    Distopia said:

nothing blown out of proportion that you like it or not, and now because it all over the new everywhere everyone know about this haxk and go download it

it would be better when something like that happen to just tell no one and WORK ON IT BEFORE.

just for fun do you want me to tell you how many time a version of this hax was downloaded ?
    ( i have google for fun , i dont even play anymore )

was more that 6000, wonder how many cheater are ingame huh??? im guessing you can find the hax others place too.

no matter how you try to put it, it will ruin the game, just like the gold exploit in neverwinter ruined the game for a very long time ( if you want know everything way overpriced still, they are still not done with it lol... )

peoples can use it very smart too, infine mana , kill mobs, level all his character max level, grind some places

mostly the one who will get banned are the one running everywhere killing everyone...

that you like it or not, that the reality, this game ruined
    That very well may be, I won't take forum reactions as the proof of that though. Yet I must ask what in my point has anything to do with whether, "i like it or not"? What I said essentially applies to all games (more pertinent being..the reactions that come in regard to bad news or serious issues), not just with this game.. People in groups simply have a tendency to sensationalize an issue, that's just the way it is, you're doing it now. 

Like your point about NW, if the game was truly "ruined" it wouldn't be in operation today. It recovered, so could BD. Whether you "like it or not"..

DMKano said:
    Distopia said:

He said "percieved" issue blown out of proportion. 

The quotes around percieved imply that it's not to be taken seriously and should be questioned if valid.

The really obvious exploiters are actually doing everyone a favor, because they are forcing Daum to actually do something instead of sweeping this under a rug like they've been doing for a year+

PvP players using the hack in subtle ways - just enough to give them the winning edge - could be be 50,000 of them in game right now and nobody would know. 

Smart hackers are the worst because they use it to win but without it being obvious. 

We don't know how exactly widespread the problem is - but the severity of it (god mode) is extreme and should be worrying for any player.

Finally if this wasn't so widespread but a few isolated cases - don't you think Daum would mention that it's a few isolated cases and that everything is fine?

The reality is - it's $5 to buy, many are sharing it for free inside of their guilds etc...

It's a growing problem, and it's gonna get worse every day
    Of course, that's why I don't think DK was referring to such a point though, as like you said we don't know how widespread it is, nor do we know what will come of it moving forward.  I think he's more referring to the reactions like I just replied to ("it's ruined" "my word on that is law" types of sensationalism). The guy even tried to dig it into me as though it makes a difference to me what the outcome is, that's just forum people being forum people. Always trying to start a fight or cause drama.

• Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Rendolphe said:

Not seeing is not the same as ,not existing.

What do you think, hackers are just gonna fly around and kill hundreds of players? xD

Of course they dont want to be seen.

Most hackers i know will use smart moves to fast-travel bellow terrain, to use macro's on auction, to glitch bosses, and other creative stuff.

When everyone and their mother in Trion was saying there are no hackers in Archeage, i was making screenshots of players that were offline for months while their housing taxes were being paid at last second each week, and guess what, Trion never ever looked into it, becouse those hackers played it smart and spent some money on the game before they tried to ruin it and used camouflage.

Spotting something weird is hard if you dont know how to hack.
    DMKano said:
    Rendolphe said:
    DMKano said:
    Rendolphe said:

Did you personally encounter an hacker in BDO?

Every night in the last 7 days - used to be one infamous wizard that's been running the exploit on Edan foe weeks (has been reported 100's of times by 100's o players). Now instead of seeing a handful of well known hackers I am seeing new players that I've never even seen in PvP hotspot before doing it.

The frequency of hacking has become much higher recently because the hack is spreading as its becoming used more and more.
    I never see such complain in the channel too. 

I'm in Calph 01 and Calph02, prolly luckier there.
  • vomomotovomomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82

Haunting PVP games with cheat codes since the very first developer got lazy with client/server...

/set godmode=1

Lol it's not quite that easy.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited April 2016

I find it amazing that there are still posters attempting to defend, or somehow, minimize the effect that these client-side hacks have on the game.  This isn't a problem exclusive to PvP game play, it affects PvE game play as well.  BDO can never be taken competitively seriously as long as game functions such as HP, Mana, and CD's remain client-side managed.  With every tweak made to any anti-hack update by Daum/PA, there will be an equally effective counter-tweak by hackers to circumvent any attempt at combating this problem.  The only fix that can bring BDO back to respectability is a full re-do and re-haul of the game's code.  

So enjoy the game, if that is your wish, but do so with the full understanding that BDO is a technically flawed game ripe for the picking by cheaters and hackers, and no amount of wishful thinking will bring fairness to the efforts expended by the honest players and the efforts, or lack thereof,  expended by the cheaters and hackers.  In essence, what we have with BDO, is a game with no redeeming value as it pertains to achievement and accomplishment.  Every achievement or accomplishment that a player attains in game, can and will be, easily and effectively brought into question.  If not by the plethora of game breaking cheats and hacks, then by the game's lenient and wide-spread use and dependency of it's admissible AFK activities.  

As long as you, as a player, are able to live with that, then you can derive a level of satisfaction by playing the game as mostly a single player experience.  For players that care about the value of achievement and accomplishment through effort, and of being recognized for the effort taken to accomplish said achievements, playing the game is simply a waste of time.