Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think of Archeage?

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    SEANMCAD said:
    reading some of these posts I find more people answering the question about the company and not the game. 

what i wouldnt give to have discussions about game quality actually focus on the game and not the developer.

anyway, I played it and gave it a real chance by playing it for about 40 hours. I didnt like anything about it other than flying. I liked it on paper but actually playing the game there is a lot I didnt like about it but what sticks with me the most is the tween aged avatars. That is just what sticks with me the most as what I didnt like
    As you can see the game itself was ruined by the developer.  Which is why they are focusing on the developer and not the game.  Just like the poll reads the game itself is great.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • MyNameIsVMyNameIsV Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Love the game, huge potential, but the hacks and shitty management bring it from a 9 to a 5.

I switched over to BDO, but now that game is even worse off with hackers than AA, so I may be coming back.
    Or maybe I will say F it and go play WoW. 
  • OfficerFriendlyEQ2OfficerFriendlyEQ2 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    edited April 2016
    Ha! I remember a friend who played AA way before released, paid to be somewhere in front of the line, went incogneto wouldnt tell hIs friends which server he went so he can claim property where mats were extreamly rare. He banked on becoming an empire.....and would you know it, month or so after release, they nerfed the mats

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I loved the game right up till level 30 when PvE becomes limited.  Would probably still be playing if it wasn't for that.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Example of a great game destroyed by a horrible cash shop and service.

Loved the game in alpha, was horrible after that ended.
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Terrible engine with massive pop-ups, terrible PvE environment, terrible quests, and so on.

That said, I adore many of the features - especially the crafting and exploration features. The character system wasn't half-bad either.
  • Talon_DeathravenTalon_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Nice open world game .Agresive monetization.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    This site's greatest AA rah-rah cheerleader vanished shortly after western release.

Wonder what she's cheering for these days.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    With the stat reset of 3.0 pay2win will no longer be an issue. Game will be far better then and will gain better momentum.

Trion has done a lot to improve the abysmal client based security system that allowed rampant cheating/botting/client hacking, it will never be as secure as other western mmorpg like WoW due to korean developers having different view on game security but AA is faring far better than the current buzzword..ehhmmm.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Could have been a great game, but its lost traction, its pretty much last years news and i kind of wonder if the game can ever regain a solid footing in the MMO market, the game must be losing significant numbers to games like BDO, maybe that will spur them on to fix things, but if they are, they are going to have to really get behind it and push, i don't know, can Archeage be relevant again in 2016? not sure it can tbh.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    This site's greatest AA rah-rah cheerleader vanished shortly after western release.

Wonder what she's cheering for these days.
    A lot of us here on this thread and this website were diehard AA fans.  We really looked forward to this game and were very optimistic.  Then it launched and well the thread tells the rest of the story.  Too bad so sad.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    ArcheAge Alpha was the best mmo experience I ever had.

Then it launched.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Mad+Dog said:
    Only reason i dont play it is the cash shop, give me a sub only server with no cash shop and im there
    Yep I too would play again if they had a Sub Only server.  The Cash Shop kills the game because you can have people who have things faster than you because they can spend $10,000.  
    danwest58 said:
    Mad+Dog said:
    Only reason i dont play it is the cash shop, give me a sub only server with no cash shop and im there
    Yep I too would play again if they had a Sub Only server.  The Cash Shop kills the game because you can have people who have things faster than you because they can spend $10,000.  
    It failed terribly in japan as a sub only game. I don't think any other region will try to go sub only.

The day of "old school feelings" are over. How many were playing UO on multiple account and hardcore multiboxing during it's golden time? These days multi account and multiboxing is a common thing and these 2 are the ones that hurt AA more than anything.

A single player can hole upto 5 lands including more than one 44X44 without having to spend money in cash shop, there is a player in my server who owns more than 40% of server lands with 10 accounts and he never spend a single buck other than 5 sub(other 5 are from APEX). He runs trade pack run with train of 10 hauler twice everyday, once on west , once on east. he makes about 30K gold every week from this. Now you tell me how can you ever beat someone like him with only one sub account? Just like you he is also paying sub and nothing more. In my opinion cash shop was never an issue in AA, multiboxing and multi account play is the biggest issue.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• kamienkamien Member UncommonPosts: 26
    One of the best mmorpg out there destroyed by Trion cash shop and very poor in-game support. 
    If there was a private server or a sub only server with no cash shop what so ever and GM's in-game that actually do their jobs I would still be playing this amazing game.
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    kamien said:
    One of the best mmorpg out there destroyed by Trion cash shop and very poor in-game support. 
    If there was a private server or a sub only server with no cash shop what so ever and GM's in-game that actually do their jobs I would still be playing this amazing game.
    Any half-smart mmorpg player and fan would play AA on private servers with NO apex involved and with cash shop existing to upkeep servers but containing only costume and convenience items, and not enchanting p2w equipment etc.
    http://www.trionworlds.com/en/  - Worst Gaming industry and publisher in the history of gaming of last 15 years, anyone playing their games will at some point regret it since they treat f2p players like scum, but they do even worse to paying customers, and that is extort, lie and scam them with false info, packs, and refunds.

That there, Trion is one company which manager, Scott Hartsman http://https//twitter.com/hartsman is on borrowed freedom, if there was to be any justice in gaming world ,he would long be behind bars for all the crap he pulled.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    SEANMCAD said:
    reading some of these posts I find more people answering the question about the company and not the game. 

what i wouldnt give to have discussions about game quality actually focus on the game and not the developer.

anyway, I played it and gave it a real chance by playing it for about 40 hours. I didnt like anything about it other than flying. I liked it on paper but actually playing the game there is a lot I didnt like about it but what sticks with me the most is the tween aged avatars. That is just what sticks with me the most as what I didnt like
    what make you think both are not the same? they will do what they want if that means killing the game so be it.

trion made several bad calls who fucked the game and in the end its what you get low pop servers, they merge and lose even more players on how bad it was, devs removed the P2P, durign alpha the game was a lot more fun then it was after the 2.0 thing launch.
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    What do I think about AA?

I think for the sake of our pocket books, we should show the industry where they can shove this type of business model.

Gamers can be their the own worst enemy.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

danwest58 said:
    Mad+Dog said:
    Actually i was there when those whales, heavy cash shop spenders started being loud on forums and chat becouse Trion scammed them plenty times with Apex not working, failed refunds ,and simply the whole money race affair.
    Already wrote this , but im gonna repost, i dont think it will go old any time soon  :awesome:  

"MMO's are like food or beverage, they are MANY, some are recognised by quality and some simply by marketing. Some are almost the same but in different package.

People do weirdest of things, instead of making them more healthy, they make them near poisonous, but in shiny package, and when other people look at a package they believe and buy it.

Why u say?

Simple, poison comes cheap.
    Quality does not.

As long as you keep buying it, we will keep making it. "

"That said, i believe MMO Market will grow as long as internet and world population does

What some players might be pointing out is one branch of MMO, called MMORPG which is having some difficulties.

The now established F2P model is pushing P2P/B2P out of the way, microtransactions seem smaller investments than giving out 50$ outright on purchase, and publishers like that.

Why would Publishers like giving something free rather than getting those 50$ right away you say?

Microtransactions/Cash Shop, consider it like a bank loan, when you start playing, you notice you need this or that, which you really like, you might not have time on hand to farm it ingame, so you pay, and every other day you pay again,

before you know it you went over the 50$ mark but you are happy with your new costume ,armor, gun, sword, mount or whatever, and for Publisher it is important ,that you are happy "

kamien said:
    Any half-smart mmorpg player and fan would play AA on private servers with NO apex involved and with cash shop existing to upkeep servers but containing only costume and convenience items, and not enchanting p2w equipment etc.
    http://www.trionworlds.com/en/  - Worst Gaming industry and publisher in the history of gaming of last 15 years, anyone playing their games will at some point regret it since they treat f2p players like scum, but they do even worse to paying customers, and that is extort, lie and scam them with false info, packs, and refunds.

That there, Trion is one company which manager, Scott Hartsman http://https//twitter.com/hartsman is on borrowed freedom, if there was to be any justice in gaming world ,he would long be behind bars for all the crap he pulled.

Ignorance and bullshit, 2 simple word to define your post. If you think Trion is the worst publisher then you are totally ignorant about at least 10 others who are worse than them. If you think they treat f2p player like scum then you only need to look at eaware austin and "they break games". And if you think scott hartsman is a bad ceo and a bad person then you are just spewing ignorance.

kamien said:
    Trion cash shop ruined western AA, right so have you ever played the KR or RUS version? Did you see their cash shop? Of course their cash shop cost is much much lower than Trion since their economy is different than NA/EU but overall Trion cash shop is not so different than them. I know they made some lame changes but overall Trion's cash shop is not at all worse than their KR or RUS counterparts. If cash shop makes the game worse than you need to blame XLGames for designing the game that way, not Trion.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Too many world events too, took away from the open world pvp and instead gave us battlegrounds in the form of a daily timed event. Only thing is there was a different one every hour and the rewards were too good not the miss them, so pirating, trading, everything else took a backseat at that time.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Personally, I think AA went bad during Korean CBT3 way back then already. 
    Mavolence said:
    Personally, I think AA went bad during Korean CBT3 way back then already. 
    That i can wholeheartedly agree.
    JDis25 said:
    Too many world events too, took away from the open world pvp and instead gave us battlegrounds in the form of a daily timed event. Only thing is there was a different one every hour and the rewards were too good not the miss them, so pirating, trading, everything else took a backseat at that time.

Umm..all of their open world event is pvp on? Even the one that is suppose to happen during peace time in DS happens during conflict time so that people can pvp and contest it There is not a single world event where we don't pvp, most open world event zones become war zone very quickly because of pvp.