Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many account do you have or need ??

BrumeBrume Member UncommonPosts: 62
edited April 2016 in EVE Online
I been a Eve Online player from the release until around 2013. I'm actually, like a lot of others MMO fans, in a middle crisis of finding the next MMO i will spent most of my night on. There is something i was wondering about Eve. When i was playing it, I never had more then one account and i must admit i see that more as a perk then a commodity. This game is aimed for multi accounting to truly benefit the game, don't take me wrong you don't have to own multi accounts, but it will be very beneficial for you to do so.  I was wondering how many character/account do people have in general.? What was your top number of owning accounts?

For me i see the need of owning more then a single account as a Disguised P2W, you do not have to to enjoyed the game, but you will never achieve the same level or advantages then peoples that do so, granting de facto a P2W model. What do you think about it?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    I pay for 6 accounts, and yes I've been "winning EVE" for years now.

Multiple accounts broadens your horizons, increases your independence and lets you help your corpmates with dedicated boosters, haulers and industry.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
  • MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    I just use 2 accounts for  scouting my pvp character, logistics jumping, and cyno alts.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    I have 4 accounts, but i could with my level of play atm do with 2 , but as im a builder the extra slots for both research and production are the main driving force, at peak i was building around 70 freighters a month, you couldn't even think of doing that with just 1 or 2 accounts, but now im back to just building t1 sub-cap ships
    But atm im only logging into eve and going afk due to my time in BDO so ive been considering letting my 2 minor accounts goto sleep for a time, but not sure yet tbh.Also, with plex price falling to the 1 (or soon sub 1b) value its cheap to play atm

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• BrumeBrume Member UncommonPosts: 62
    thank you for your reply, im considering returning back to Eve. I was looking at what MMO have to offer at the moment and my choice is either returning to Eve, SWTOR, WOW or trying BDO
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Two for me. My main can do most manufacturing and has almost all subcap skills as best as they can be so my second account is scout/booster. Having a personal scout is almost mandatory IMHO

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Too many ;-)

Two core accounts I would say.

Have fun
    edited April 2016
    Related question, how many active alts do you have on each account, for things such as station trading, lighting cynos, out of corp spying, hauling, scouting, or repping.

I think 5 of my 6 accounts have at least 1 alt used on an as needed basis, but I haven't tried paying to train 2 characters on one account yet. (though I have recently used skill injectors to train skills on one new hauling alt)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    edited April 2016
    Economic domination via extensive stable of alts. Ah, the memories.

And roll just a little further back, to the 90s, when we'd spit and hiss at "multi-account botters."

Heck, there was even a time when players known to have a second character were considered pondscum.

Ethics evolve so quickly in mmogspace.
    Economic domination via extensive stable of alts. Ah, the memories.

And roll just a little further back, to the 90s, when we'd spit and hiss at "multi-account botters."

Heck, there was even a time when players known to have a second character were considered pondscum.

Ethics evolve so quickly in mmogspace.
    Er, you talking about the 1960s or something.

I started back in 2001 with L1 and through DAOC, L2, Shadowbane, WOW, LOTRO and EVE multiboxing has never been unacceptable.

Keep in mind, this is different than multi account botting which I have never done.  I'm always behind the controls and outside of in game stick or follow commands nothing is automated.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Played EVE for 6 years with maximum 2 accounts in the last 4 years.

Nobody is forced to have multiple accounts, people do it to "work around" the game design, which is intended to encourage group play. 

You will find multi-account holders in all MMO's where the game design includes player interdependence. In reality, MMO players don't like being forced to work with others. Besides, it inevitably requires splitting the loot and/or profits...
  • bmw66bmw66 Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Brume said:
    thank you for your reply, im considering returning back to Eve. I was looking at what MMO have to offer at the moment and my choice is either returning to Eve, SWTOR, WOW or trying BDO
    I have an almost 200 mil skill point pilot just stilling collecting dust as I don't play eve anymore.  Ill sell it to you.  LOL.
  • CyraelCyrael Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Most members of my corp have several alts. I only have one myself, but it's rarely used.

I would say if you're doing stuff on the industry side of things, they're useful - extra mining lasers, extra production/research slots, etc. But if you're mainly pvp, they're less useful.
  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Interesting numbers. 

So how does CCP report its playebase numbers? By number of accounts or concurrent logged in users? Can you have multiple accounts logged in from one machine easily? 
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    One, sometimes two, but really, if you just play casually one will do.

If you are not in a good corp, or just the solo type, then yeah, multiple accounts makes sense.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Ramajama said:
    Interesting numbers. 

So how does CCP report its playebase numbers? By number of accounts or concurrent logged in users? Can you have multiple accounts logged in from one machine easily? 

Numbers are by accounts.
    Multiboxing is directly featured as an option in the new launcher, so yes, it is easy.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Ramajama said:
    Interesting numbers. 

Both.

The concurrent logged-in player numbers are available as a realtime stat at any given moment.

CCP reports total subscriber numbers from time to time.

Neither of those stats reveal anything about how many accounts are owned by individual players. Only CCP will have a reasonable handle on that statistic, because they have the billing details and the IP logs. It remains confidential information.
    edited May 2016
    Kyleran said:
    I pay for 6 accounts, and yes I've been "winning EVE" for years now.

Multiple accounts broadens your horizons, increases your independence and lets you help your corpmates with dedicated boosters, haulers and industry.
    Elitist jerk :)
    A label I wear confidently.  B)

hfztt said:
    Ramajama said:
    Interesting numbers. 

Numbers are by accounts.
    Multiboxing is directly featured as an option in the new launcher, so yes, it is easy.
    Once you get the launcher set up its a one button push to start all 6 of my accounts.

Now, still have to manually select which character to launch, join each one to fleet, and move each to a squad member or leader slot so still a bit of time to get things going each session.(15 to 20 min)

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    I must admit the game does take a lot of waiting... I guess having another account would make things more interesting.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    1 account, haven't played in years
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• TaiphozTaiphoz Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Two accounts but never played them both at the same time, I might consider doing it in the future but only when I'm at a point where I can easily buy a 1 or 2 plex each month to pay for the extra account, cant afford 2 of them out my bank.