Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My sudden unexpected Quit...

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
I didnt expect to get this feeling from on day to the next but it happened.

I played my Consular trough KnotfE as L65 which suddenly ended after i killed the bad girl.

This expansion was fun but only because i did it as force user. I cant imagine doing it with my Mercenary for example..

"COMMING SOON" was all i have in my purple mission log now.

I tried to do some Heroics which are honestly completely pointless. Yes its ok to teleport quickly to the locs but well.... 

My armor and gear is mostly 208 and 216 and upgrading it all to 220 for some little extra  % is just a waste of my time

I just put a few items that i found in the last Heroics into the Auction House and had a strange feeling

"Thats it somehow.... its boring and maybe i should look for something else now"

Theres honestly no Endgame , no further customization or way to enhance my characters. 

The legacy Powers, Unlocks, Skills etc etc are 95% useless and not worth the time getting them. 

My Legacy is Level 29 meanwhile and i get nothing for that. No DPS or HP boost.. nothing but stupid Social and XP crap.

Only the Travel Unlocks are worth it..

I had nice 5-6 weeks but this game does not offer more content and motivation than that. 

Playing for better outfits without benefits is plain stupid because i have a good real life and i dont need a great looking character in a computer game. Same for Mounts , they are all the same. Why bother farming for a 20 million mount ? thats maybe ok for lifeless people that finally want to prove how great they are.. sadly no one in the real world cares 

The horrible COMBAT system of Swtor with its horrible Targeting code is another story but i am sure i would not ever play a close range class in this game. Its ridiculous... 

Not even in 2016 the developers managed to improve their terrible combat targeting which targets what it wants... 

Companions are evened out across the board. How unintelligent... what a stupid decicion to do that....

This could have been the best Star Wars game ever in the right hands but absolutely wrong decisions made by the managers turned this game into a lifeless "Play the story then leave.. we have nothing else to offer... " themepark...

needless to say
I canceled my subscription and left (but i am sad about it as Star Wars Fan=

(no native english)

Comments

• BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Very thought out and insightful post you have there OP. All of which are very valid points. I've only taken 4 classes through main story of KOTFE myself,  but have not played the extra chapters since. My sub ends in two days and I will just wait for all of the chapters to be released so I can experience it all at once since I dislike episodic releases  and to add to that that for every episode  or patch that bioware  has released since KOTFE came out appears to break working aspects of their game .
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I assume you got a garrison and participated in guild vs guild planetary control battles.  This game's main focus is the story.  So yea at some point you will run out of things to do with 1 character.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    You could always come to the Dark Side and play ESO.  Third major expansion on the way.
  • hexisdabombhexisdabomb Member CommonPosts: 4
    Try some end game stuff, although it may get tedious/ repetitive. Like operations and what not. Do stuff with your guild, if you're in one.
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Gorwe said:
    Belay that ^ order.

If you like story focus of SWTOR, you will hate ESO.
    If you like action combat of TERA / BnS, you will hate ESO.
    If you like TES themselves, you will be disappointed with ESO.
    If you like nice all roundedness of WoW / GW2, ESO will fail.

It's literally nothing but a nice artwork mixed with a nice IP. Don't do that to yourself. It's shallow.
    i am a huge fan of tes games and honestly i like eso. it is a different type of tes game. most people went wrong when they expected this to be like skyrim where anything is possible. Sadly it is a mmo first.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    ESO is at least as story oriented as SWtOR - and the quality of the writing is better overall.

I wasn't disappointed with ESO, even though I love TES games.

Also, I'd say ESO is a lot more rounded than GW2.

I agree that combat and animations could be a lot better, though.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    DKLond said:
    ESO is at least as story oriented as SWtOR - and the quality of the writing is better overall.

I had almost exactly the reverse impression.  I found ESO's writing to be subpar even for an MMO while the combat was a breath of fresh air. 
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    reeereee said:
    DKLond said:

I had almost exactly the reverse impression.  I found ESO's writing to be subpar even for an MMO while the combat was a breath of fresh air. 
    That's cool, we're all different :)
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    KotFE has really killed the game for me. The new single story shit is really awful. Well it started since RotHC, but it really sucks now.  I know Bioware can't afford to create new class story missions because of time and money, but damn...  Game is really going the wrong way rpg wise.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Congrats OP, you "won" feels great eh?

Happened to me as well back at launch, got one character to max (light side) got a 2nd dark side to level 24 and it hit me, what is the point of it?

The mainline story was OK but where was my story? I didn't have one, I was just replaying my character's and that is not at all why I play MMORPGS.  

I find this to be the case with all MMOs that aren't designed around territory and resource control.

No interest in dev created stories, endless gear acquisition that serves no useful, longer term purpose.

In fact I don't want to be able to reach "endgame" or win, the struggle should remain endless. (but not pointless)  ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    welcome to 75% of the current MMORPG market op...
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited April 2016
    When I read the title, I came in expecting some weird thing that you made you quit after you've been playing for a long period of time, not 5-6 weeks and a typical complaint. Shit happens, and themepark MMO's get boring at the end-game so people generally take breaks between updates.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Gorwe said:
    Belay that ^ order.

If you like story focus of SWTOR, you will hate ESO.
    If you like action combat of TERA / BnS, you will hate ESO.
    If you like TES themselves, you will be disappointed with ESO.
    If you like nice all roundedness of WoW / GW2, ESO will fail.

It's literally nothing but a nice artwork mixed with a nice IP. Don't do that to yourself. It's shallow.
    I like both games, but are you saying ESO is more shallow than SWTOR? if so lmao...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Yep! That was me too. I enjoyed playing through the storyarcs and had a pretty good time of everything up until I caught up.

I went from "Oh I can't wait to get home." to "Mleh, I guess I can go fold my laundry."
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    It sounds like you played an MMO and were disappointed that the single player component didn't have more meat on it? Too bad, I guess?

I'd suggest to try finding a guild to get into the group content, but you also said you hated the combat, so there doesn't seem to be a point to it all. FWIW, as far as tab-targeted combat goes I like the way SWTOR plays. Try the marauder/sentinel to see what I mean.

If you want to try other games with a lot of single player stuff and a few group components, while experiencing much better, more active combat give GW2 a try. If you want even more of that active combat feel try out WildStar, though that really should be played in a group or a guild. Never tried ESO past the beta, it just felt really, really bad all around back then.

All of these three are F2P now (with varying degrees of sub options or cash shops), so you can easily try them out and see what you like.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Being a story MMO, Tor is a great casual game, it is not for someone who plays 6 hours a day. I play Tor, ESO and BDO along with my single player games and it is enjoyable, I am still waiting however for them to come up with a proper Space game ala "jump to lighspeed"