Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conqueror Pack T5 horse scamming issue - Official.

yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240

We have had an official response from Daum's community manager cm_jouska that all those who purchased the Conqueror Package available pre-launch will not be getting a replacement for the somewhat gimped horse that was claimed to be a Tier 5 supplied in the package.

Exactly how gimped the supplied horse was is the subject of a lot of fanboz/scammed players discussions, but at the very least the horse supplied was gimped in breeding compared to T5 horses on KR, JP and RU.

So essentially this package contained a horse that was claimed to be a T5 horse when it wasn't.

Daum and Pearly Abyss's response is "Tough".

I imagine this will run and run, it's not often gaming companies so openly disrespect and scam their playerbase.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/59361-conquerors-pack-horse/&page=6#comment-972716

Quite what they hope to gain from doing this to their heaviest spending customers I have no idea. "Untrustworthy" is the meme flying around now.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Lets see how how much spin the fanboys can put on this.  O.o
  • CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    edited April 2016
    GM response is that the preorder learns skill faster and has more stats.
    People made they cant breed with it
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Cougan said:
    Seems pretty clear that the pre order one is better. People just mad they cant breed with it for an advantage
    ^This.
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Cougan said:
    GM response is that the preorder learns skill faster and has more stats.
    People made they cant breed with it
    Breeding is the main issue I guess, but even the "better stats"... read the post further on in the thread and even that's a lie by omission.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I've heard about the breeding issue, yes. But stats wise, the horse seems to be on par with other T5's at the very least. So far, since I'm not really doing much breeding, it doesn't bother me.

Besides... unless you began paying for extras... you'd only have one (or two?) breed attempts anyway. Anyone who wants to be serious about horse breeding isn't going to miss much there.

I always viewed it as a measure they took to keep people from screaming P2W about it.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

The stats are worse. Much worse. On the surface they look good, but "Brake" and "Turn" are the least desirable stats.

In breeding it only has one chance instead of the normal 2, and for that one attempt, it breeds like a T3, not a T5. So for breeding it's worse than the friggin' horse that came in the cheaper Traveller Pack, lol :).

So, the pre-order horse has:

• 916 more HP
    • 1.8% more Accel
    • 9.2% more Turn
    • 9.8% more Brake
    • A nebulous 'increased chance' to learn skills

A real Tier 5 horse has:

• 5022 more Stamina (HOLY CRAP, nearly 50% more!)
    • 45 more Weight Carry
    • 0.5% more Speed
    • 1 more Breedable
    • ACTUALLY BREEDS AS A DAMN TIER 5.
    • At least 1 more inventory slot.
    • Able to be Exchanged.
    • Able to be sold on the Market.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

In breeding it only has one chance instead of the normal 2, and for that one attempt, it breeds like a T3, not a T5. So for breeding it's worse than the friggin' horse that came in the cheaper Traveller Pack, lol :).
    The T3 from the other pack also only has one breeding attempt. And that one can be sold, for peanuts, but it can. I even bought an extra one of those for my latest alt just because I was too lazy to go tame another one - it was 130K or something like that.

Why they nerfed the breeding on both of those I have no idea though. I can't think of any valid reason for them to do that.

The official response is pretty lame too.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Man i'm just lvling up mine so i can trade it for a camel in the future. 

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Dragonsfire9Dragonsfire9 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    my t3 horse had two breeding attempts and reset for another two and also had two inventory slots.  The explorer's pack horse wasn't gimped compared to a t3 at all at least as I could tell.  Now the t5 horse it sounds like they were ripped off.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Wouldn't it be awesome if you just paid a subscription and what you see is what you get?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    I can understand people's gripes and why they're upset.  For perspective I want to mention that with very little effort and zero extra real money, I have eight horses over tier 5 now.  Tier 9 horses will be the endgame and you will want at least a Tier 6 to hold you over.  They are super easy to get and fun to breed.  

Again, I don't want to discount people's legitimate complaints, but if you've put in even a minimal amount of work, you should easily have a better horse by now.  The $100 pack players will all have upgrades in the near future. If you really enjoy the game, move on and let the initial horse go.

As of right now Black Desert is one of the best MMO's on the market.  I have put in $360 US personally and I just passed the 1000 hour mark (half doing AFK activities).  I'm having a blast for less than a dollar an hour and the game's future is quite promising. 
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    While it doesn't change my enjoyment of the game it's clearly poor decision making on Daum's part:

Hey, let's go out of our way to make a gimp horse so we can irritate some of our best customers and gain nothing in the process!

edited April 2016
    I can understand people's gripes and why they're upset.  For perspective I want to mention that with very little effort and zero extra real money, I have eight horses over tier 5 now.  Tier 9 horses will be the endgame and you will want at least a Tier 6 to hold you over.  They are super easy to get and fun to breed.  

Again, I don't want to discount people's legitimate complaints, but if you've put in even a minimal amount of work, you should easily have a better horse by now.  The $100 pack players will all have upgrades in the near future. If you really enjoy the game, move on and let the initial horse go.

As of right now Black Desert is one of the best MMO's on the market.  I have put in $360 US personally and I just passed the 1000 hour mark (half doing AFK activities).  I'm having a blast for less than a dollar an hour and the game's future is quite promising. 
    I think part of the point in buying a $100 founder pack in any MMO is to get a bit of a head start. And the point in this argument is not whether it's pay to win, or an unfair head start or no head start at all, but just that misrepresentation was involved.

Bait and switch in other words.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I think part of the point in buying a $100 founder pack in any MMO is to get a bit of a head start. And the point in this argument is not whether it's pay to win, or an unfair head start or no head start at all, but just that misrepresentation was involved.

Bait and switch implies a deliberate intent to mislead. I don't think that's the case here. Just careless incompetence since it makes 0 sense for them to provide a slightly inferior (from a breeding perspective) T5 horse in the package.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    They called it a Tier 5 horse.  It's not a Tier 5 horse.  They screwed up and should fix it.  

I didn't buy this package and have no skin in the game other than wanting to see them make it right.  They should offer the option to trade the horse (by itself) on the horse Exchange for a random normal Tier 5.  

It's just the right thing to do.
    Iselin said:

Bait and switch implies a deliberate intent to mislead. I don't think that's the case here. Just careless incompetence since it makes 0 sense for them to provide a slightly inferior (from a breeding perspective) T5 horse in the package.
    Until last Friday I would have agreed with you. However, their *deliberate* decision announced Friday not to put this right has now moved it from possible "careless incompetence" to "deliberate scamming".

IMO of course :).

• RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Im just gonna say it.. This game is fking broken and will never get my money again and I honestly hope others see that as well because the unfairness is just ridiculous.
    edited April 2016
    Iselin said:

Until last Friday I would have agreed with you. However, their *deliberate* decision announced Friday not to put this right has now moved it from possible "careless incompetence" to "deliberate scamming".

IMO of course :).

Or, considering your post history about BDO, it's just you trying to "stir the pot" as usual... just another possibility, right? ;)
    Please don't post rubbish about my post history, especially when it's obvious you have just guessed.

My post history up until about 2-3 weeks ago was virtually 100% in favour of this game. Strongly in favour.

Unfortunately Daum have made several decisions recently that have alienated a large number of players such as this T5 scam. Also things like the extent of the exploit abuse and hacking have come to light and Daums pathetic response has alienated even more players. Add to that the ganking issue and many others that still haven't been addressed and what do you expect?

Is it really surprising some players, me being one, have changed their opinion? It's called having a brain and using it.

edited April 2016
    Yeah, I understood a while ago already that someone broke your toy and that you're very angry. But this is something like discovering that the sun sets in the east and shines brighter when there's no clouds in the sky.
    The $100 pack horse was superior to anything you could instantly get in game at release time, and that's the headstart the horse provided. I never understood it was going to be "the best horse ever in the game", because it was never presented as such. And according to the stats you posted, that horse is still superior to any T5 horse in several stats.
    Drama, drama. The game has real problems like the cheating and also the PKing making PvE players quit, but some people just like to "stir the pot" and kick the dead horse (how appropriate!).
    *shrug* "The cheating" you say? So you have your dislikes, I have mine. Not sure why this upsets you so much, but c'est la vie.

I don't know how to put this any simpler. It's not about the head start. It's about selling people a T5 horse and providing something less. You might be happy to buy a car and not get an engine, I am not. So I vent a bit, deal with it.
  • MyNameIsVMyNameIsV Member UncommonPosts: 58
    This further shows how greedy Da$m is. They are such a garbage company. I have two 30+ day old tickets that need answering and they won't even give me a real T5 horse that I bought.

I love the game, but I hate them as a publisher.