Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The back of the RF box is a laugh roit--and all lies.

13»

Comments

• ShadadShadad Member Posts: 33

I mean not to (flame) RFO or (promote) it, but simply state my opinion for others thinking about it,

I paid my 49.95 + %, I have got to lvl 20 after only 5 ("Short" nights -All solo - have had only 1 offer to group untill they noticed I was 20 or below lol) and though realy looking forward to it from info of people I knew in beta/ the RF website/ and the box, will stop after my free 30 day trial as Im just stubborn that way with cash, and want to give a fair shake to any game I try.

1 - Before you pruchase this game download (free & no monthly fee I might add) Knight  Online, it will give you a basic idea of the overall gameplay/UI (excluding the graphics and auction/cash ability)

2 - Add a "little bit" of  FFXI control  if you already know it, if not then no matter

3 - try the free 14 day trial of DAoC and have /pay someone to PL you to 24+ for thr RVR (BG's)(3 realm all out - that though not spoke of do form alliances between any 2 of them lol

4 - Relize that (as far as I have noticed) you afk to make money (mining) -no fun for me, but Ive met alot who Love it, so you decide, also you dont spec or (normal) train as you level, you get skill at/with whatever you are using (melee/ranged/special styles/buffs) as long as you remember to USE them durring combat, (my experience ---didnt like it--- I wanted to try shield ... well best (as several showed me) is simply go to Low level mobs that agro and afk for several hours and blamo shield skill is up, again no fun for me but as stated for money Alot i've meet love it.

Ive decided that after playing -Shadowbane (short 3 months),FFXI (2 yrs), Anarchy Online ( 3+ years), Darkage Of Camelot (4+ years - hush you :P), a 14 day free trial of WoW( just didnt like), and several FPS's that..

wether or not  a game lives up to its hype or not (as long as you can afford the purchase) you need to just try it if your intrested, (if you cant then you probably shouldnt waste your last bit of lunch money on it lol) though I havn't received out of RFO what I was expecting, I am giving it a fare shake (along with getting my 50$ worth like or dislike :P)

please note any info on RFO from me is "only" from a 5 day (evening) level 20 play and a few hours mining/shield leveling :P standpoint, but with intent to give it a true tryout

Over all if you want to try it..try it, if not then dont, heck Ill spend more on morning coffee in 2 weeks then the cost to purchase one of these mmo's. If I decide I dont like them then oh well life goes on I'll get a few curse words in durring the play along with a few laughs from others spam :P

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    I'm not even going to comment on posts but let me say this to all you fanboys... give it a few months and you will be on here moaning that your ooo soo great gaming is boring because endgame is non existant. Without any new updates going to come your way anytime soon to improve endgame, you will all be up the duff.
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Senden
    I'm not even going to comment on posts but let me say this to all you fanboys... give it a few months and you will be on here moaning that your ooo soo great gaming is boring because endgame is non existant. Without any new updates going to come your way anytime soon to improve endgame, you will all be up the duff.

*looks at endgame comment*
    *Looks at signature, notices WoW*
    *looks at comment saying RFO has no endgame*
    *falls from chair laughing*

no seriously mate, I geuss WoW is a great example how end game should be done, endless MC farming or BG's? besides, you don't even know anything about RFO's endgame because nobody has ever been to the endgame yet. 

• TreasureDenTreasureDen Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by amappala
    Here is my complement to the OP, you sound like a lawyer.
    Your post is one sided.You post are half-truths.But to me, half-truths are lies.

Have you ever play the game? For how long? I have play this game since beta, and I'm 100% agree with him, aside from point 3.

• mrbbmanmrbbman Member Posts: 282

Originally posted by xantho10
    in the end no one really cares. i mean u ether like the game or not. no matter what u say the peop-le who like this game with contiune to play and people who hate well contiune to hate it

Quoted for truth ::::28::

True Neutral Half-Elf Ranger Mage
    Follower Of Silvanus

Kings of Chaos! Free to play! Great PvP!

• Havoc11Havoc11 Member Posts: 95

Originally posted by Gameloading

no seriously mate, I geuss WoW is a great example how end game should be done, endless MC farming or BG's? besides, you don't even know anything about RFO's endgame because nobody has ever been to the endgame yet. 

*Sees that RFO endgame is just killing mobs that are all named the same and look the same or are just a super sized version of a level 1 mob*

Gameloading: OMG I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT, ROFFLE.

Atleast the WoW endgame has a story behind it, heck they have voice actors. No one even talks in RFO, what happened? Are they all mutes? Some horrible mutation?!

I give you two months, tops, before you see your mistake in buying this game. Unless your such a fool that you think that endgame will be heaven.

• amappalaamappala Member UncommonPosts: 159

Originally posted by TreasureDen

Originally posted by amappala
    Here is my complement to the OP, you sound like a lawyer.
    Your post is one sided.You post are half-truths.But to me, half-truths are lies.

Have you ever play the game? For how long? I have play this game since beta, and I'm 100% agree with him, aside from point 3.

lvl 39 caster
  • YusukeYoungYusukeYoung Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Giga 4 is coming, work has started for Chapter 2 of the game, should be previews of that very soon, yup, WoW endgame still more instance dungeon to come, RFO endgame, we got an all galaxy to make guys hehe.
  • Distortion0Distortion0 Member Posts: 668
    See, I think the RF executives just think that America IS Korea. All  the stuff on the box is probably true there and that's probably why they'de play this crappy game. Poor underprivliaged Koreans.
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Havoc11

Originally posted by Gameloading

*Sees that RFO endgame is just killing mobs that are all named the same and look the same or are just a super sized version of a level 1 mob*

Gameloading: OMG I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT, ROFFLE.

Atleast the WoW endgame has a story behind it, heck they have voice actors. No one even talks in RFO, what happened? Are they all mutes? Some horrible mutation?!

I give you two months, tops, before you see your mistake in buying this game. Unless your such a fool that you think that endgame will be heaven.

Thank you for proving how little you know about this game, makes things a lot more easy. I doubt you ever played the game really, or else (unless you are truly blind) would know the endgame is fully focused on the pvp aspects of the game. I geuss its not necisary to say your comment about RFO's endgame being about killing mobs is quite funny and proves how little you actually know about the game your bashing.
  • eddrocketteddrockett Member Posts: 9

Personally I think the game is awesome!!! Don't play RFO expecting WOW and you won't be dissapointed! Personally I like many elements of RFO including the PVP, chip wars, mechs etc etc.

• clragonclragon Member Posts: 18

from what I read (havn't played this game for too long) this game is suppose to be focused on PvP, but then would these horrible potion spam that I keep hearing about ruin the PvP? and also, does level mean a lot in this game? for example would a lvl 30 be able to kill a lvl 25 no matter what the lvl 25 does (unless pot spam) ?

• TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161

I haven't read all the posts but i know one thing. After playing it for about a week or so i was totally fed up with the game. It really is a bad game. I recently swithed from WoW and before that i played both SWG and EVE. One thing that was common for these was that they all got me hooked within the first day. With RFO it is quite the opposite, the more i play the more fed up i get so i'm sorry to say this. From the screenshots and everything i read about the game it sounded great, the truth was far from it.

• uberlordmduberlordmd Member Posts: 1

I like the game. But saying that i have to agree with the box thing at the moment alot of the features listed are a little far fetched but they are developing and with the base game being like it is i am sure they will create a very good game.

Everyone is open to their own opinion but i will say give it a chance to develope at least. Its a new game they have already announced a new giga update so watch the space, cause i have a feeling when they have finished it will be one of the best MMORPGs.

• skipster22skipster22 Member Posts: 1

heres what you do and beleive me it works well and me and all of my guildmates did it with saga of ryzom which also had a bunch of falicies on the back of there box..

This only works if you purchased the game via debit/credit card

Call your credit/debit card company and let them know you purchased a product that had false advertising on the box and when you used the product none of the advertisements that were promised on the box were true and that you wish to do a chargeback for the purchase amount as well as your subscription fees, granted you had any.