Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fans Planning 12th Anniversary Event - City of Heroes News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageFans Planning 12th Anniversary Event - City of Heroes News

A new post has cropped up on Titan Network that is attempting to bring fans of City of Heroes together for a twelfth anniversary get together that might possibly feature an RP session, 'personalities' possibly including ex-Paragon Studios employees, live streaming and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    I miss this gem even though I wasn't a HUGE fan of the combat system.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I dunno, seems like celebrating anniversaries for games (just like for people) should end when they die.  ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SomeguynamedSomeguynamed Member UncommonPosts: 69
    RP session? Count me in! I'll be the slave
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    SWG was great, but seriously it's been four years. Move on...

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Well they say that "hope springs eternal" and there's nothing wrong with gathering to talk over old times. I think it's kind of fun, though if I were a former player, I'd have a nice hour or two with "the gang" and then go back to the games that I play now, though warmed by old memories. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Given all the hype and strength of the superhero genre right now in movies, and TV shows .. NCSoft seems to be missing the boat on this. I would play this if it ever came back because there is just something about just flying around that city that would make me forget the troubles of the day.
  • BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    I miss my masterminds ;(
  • TheRabidsmurfTheRabidsmurf Member UncommonPosts: 146
    So...everyone is going to make a new character,play for an hour then type / cheer , and then never seriously play for another year? Or pretend to? If you want it so bad get good devs to kicksyart a new one...with fun combat and a meaning besides checking out tights.
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    I truly wish that they would bring CoX back. Trash the DB and let us start out fresh... I just want to play CoX again... badly. This is one game that once you played it, you loved it.

• GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Great game it was a lot of fun. I think it could of obtained an even larger playerbase if it was marketed correctly too.
    Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I will always miss City of Heroes, please please someone bring it back, I miss my MMORPG home :(

Mystery Bounty

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

So...everyone is going to make a new character,play for an hour then type / cheer , and then never seriously play for another year? Or pretend to? If you want it so bad get good devs to kicksyart a new one...with fun combat and a meaning besides checking out tights.

???

The game is dead... No one is making a new character.. ever, =P

Anyway as much fun as i had in the game i do not miss it enough to really feel like i need to sit around with strangers and remissness.

This have been a good conversation

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    It took three years for the withdrawal to finally go away. Without an actual game to play it's not worth going back for. Someone please say "Hi" to all of my fellow Protectorians for me and tell 'em I'll see them on 'Heroes and Villains' in a few years.
    Thanks

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• abobearabobear Member UncommonPosts: 4
    It was like losing a best friend the day they pulled the plug. Resurrection of this milestone in MMORPG's needs to happen! In its time it was way ahead of other short-lived offerings, and the people I had experience of joining in-game for missions were just the best! Still fleeting between various games constantly being released to find an even near substitute...CoX fans forever!!!
  • Captain-ElectricCaptain-Electric Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Thanks for the coverage, Suzie Ford. Attendance was massive and it was great to see so many familiar names and costumes together again. :)